Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Guys you are just going to kill the thread. Want to fight about the causes of evil go to Politics and other Controversies. Don't screw up the threads here and get them closed.
So be it. The relevant posts have already been made. Now its the domain of fruits and nuts.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:43 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
What does this have to do with the Las Vegas recession? Have you drank yourself silly?

I hope you get help LVD because the more I read your posts, the more I realize you need serious help. You have the ability to change your life and the lives of those around you yet you spend your health in ways others wish they had it to spare. Some things are worth more than money. You have a lot to give and you sound like you have just given up trying, which is sad.

Yet you call others evil while praying for their comeuppance?? Man, you are in some rut!
I stated my opinion which is allowed here. That is how I honestly feel so it is not trolling as I have been belittled constantly in my life by middle class to rich people. I have changed my stance slightly on this thread.

Here are my predictions on the future of Las Vegas:

I feel that Las Vegas will go into a depression. I feel unemployment rates are going to keep up and up and up. The only way for Las Vegas to recover is for the whole USA to recover and I know that is not going to happen. It is going to get increasingly violent. Anyone who is watching the local news is aware that murder-suicides are increasingly at an alarming rate. Crime in general is going to go through the roof. The power grid will eventually fail and Las Vegas will go dark which will be the end of it. Anyone can check my posts in a few years (if getting on the internet is even possible) to see if I was right.

I do not think Vegas will ever get out of the depression.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 PM

139 posts, read 458,386 times
Interesting... the drunk usually has some keen insights. But this seems a bit too emotional. Hey lvd, aren't you a left winger who voted for obama in the first place?

The real answer is that las vegas will recover, after obama is put on trial for treason, and sentenced to life in prison in guantanamo, where he can be in communion with his people. So around 2012 would be the beginning of recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I stated my opinion which is allowed here. That is how I honestly feel so it is not trolling as I have been belittled constantly in my life by middle class to rich people. I have changed my stance slightly on this thread.

I feel that Las Vegas will go into a depression. I feel unemployment rates are going to keep up and up and up. The only way for Las Vegas to recover is for the whole USA to recover and I know that is not going to happen. It is going to get increasingly violent. Anyone who is watching the local news is aware that murder-suicides are increasingly at an alarming rate. Crime in general is going to go through the roof. The power grid will eventually fail and Las Vegas will go dark which will be the end of it. Anyone can check my posts in a few years (if getting on the internet is even possible) to see if I was right.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM95 View Post
Hey lvd, aren't you a left winger who voted for obama in the first place?
Read this post I made 5 months ago for your answer.

"No, I wanted either Hilary Clinton or Ron Paul as President. I did not want Obama or McCain in office."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12172051-post15.html

Old 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Conspiracy or not, the entire USA is going down because of the massive debt and no one can dispute that. Honestly, I am glad that it is. Evilness and greed can only go on for so long. This country is full of evil, manipulative greedy people so everyone is going to get what they deserve. Honestly, I have nothing so I have nothing to lose (thank God). Regardless, I am going to laugh at others when their entire life savings get wiped out because they deserve it.
I really messed up on this post. I am going to explain and reword it so that everyone can understand what I really meant. First off, I just got home from the Centrifuge bar and two girls were putting me down right before I made my original post. They were making fun of me because I am a security guard who is 35 years old. They were basically calling me a loser. Of course, both of them were RN's so they felt they had a right to act like that. This has happened too many times to count with middle class, rich, and wealthy people who think they are all that. Here is my reworded statement....

I am going to laugh at others WHO WERE RUDE TO ME when their entire life savings get wiped out because they deserve it.

Now, I certainly do not wish harm on anyone who has worked hard and became successful through legitimate and ethical means as long as they are respectful. I have been helped out multiple times by middle class people myself, and I respect them very much.

I hope this clears everything up.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
I really messed up on this post. I am going to explain and reword it so that everyone can understand what I really meant. First off, I just got home from the Centrifuge bar and two girls were putting me down right before I made my original post. They were making fun of me because I am a security guard who is 35 years old. They were basically calling me a loser. Of course, both of them were RN's so they felt they had a right to act like that. This has happened too many times to count with middle class, rich, and wealthy people who think they are all that. Here is my reworded statement....

I am going to laugh at others WHO WERE RUDE TO ME when their entire life savings get wiped out because they deserve it.

Now, I certainly do not wish harm on anyone who has worked hard and became successful through legitimate and ethical means as long as they are respectful. I have been helped out multiple times by middle class people myself, and I respect them very much.

I hope this clears everything up.
Thanks for the clarification.

That said... just try to be the best you can be and do what's right. Don't worry about others. If the wealthy (who were rude to you) get wiped out, you're going down with them. If the country goes down so bad that these people lose their positions in life, your lot in life (while you may think it's pretty low right now) will also decline. You are able to have the basics right now and that will not be the case if what you are wishing for happens. In wishing for these peoples' demise you're, indirectly, wishing for your own demise.

While successful people are often demonized, most of them earned it.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
They generally site those plants in rural areas. They want an anti-union bias, a low wage base and no competition from other employers.

Las Vegas actually could be a good place to locate a manufacturing facility...but it would fail the automakers on virtually all criteria.

Note that auto assembly facilities do not attract professional or high tech employees.

The problem with locating a major automotive plant (or a related supplier plant) is that you have to recruit a large number of people. And you are NOT going to be able to do that in a rural area. When automakers locate in even midsized Southern cities, they put a lot of stress on the local workforce.

As for "low wage base" implying that the automakers are paying ridiculously low rates, that is generally NOT true. Unless, of course, $18-28/hr is chump change in your book. Assembly employees at Toyota-Georgetown and Nissan-Smyrna make a whole lot more than manufacturing employers in Las Vegas pay.

As for automotive being "not high tech", what auto plant in the US is not heavily automated with robotics? They require a lot of highly skilled employees to keep them operating.

You are right. Las Vegas is an unattractive place to locate a manufacturing operation due to the lack of a skilled workforce and the strength of the unions in Las Vegas.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 AM

365 posts, read 423,367 times
[quote=LIS123;14295826]Thanks for the clarification.

If the wealthy (who were rude to you) get wiped out, you're going down with them.

I you think these nurses were wealthy, think again. We are all basically surviving in this life....

LVD women that act like that are doing you a favor. You see their insecurities and BS long before they sucker you in to a long term relationship.
Count your blessings and move on.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:46 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
LVD, here's my suggestion...do yourself a favor...stay away from places like the Centrifuge bar and find a nice homey place to drink. People at the fancier places are all trying to make themselves look better than they are. Find a neighborhood bar where people get to know each other and accept them for who they are.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:

LVD I consider you a friend and I wont criticize you, but I think this post has gone overboard. I think you need to give Alex Jones and Gerald Celente a rest for a now. Even if they are right about everything, they are still very negative people, and sadly negativity sells.

Second of all the economy is cyclical, there are good times and bad times, both of which are inevitable.The US economy is growing, albeit at a slow rate but the growth is there. Employers added 290,000 jobs in the month of April, the highest job creation rate since 2006. Jobs Growth! Employers Added Nearly 300,000 Jobs in April - ABC News

The economy isn't in the best shape, but people are still going out to eat, buying stuff at the malls, super Target, going to Vegas to gamble, taking road trips, etc. People are still spending money in general. I see it at work all the time, my customers always spend and buy more then what they came in for. Americans still have a consumerist mentality

I dont know about crime in the rest of America. But here in Orlando the Orlando PD and Orange County Sheriff's Office have cut the crime rate almost in half, there was a time when Orlando was even more dangerous then Las Vegas

As far as the power grid failing. Even though I showed you the Olduvai Theory, I think you're taking it too seriously.

Take a break from all the negative, and have a coke and a smile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: