Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 PM

172 posts, read 556,675 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about the car accident at this intersection over the weekend? It looked really bad and held up traffic for quite sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 10:07 AM

4 posts, read 9,779 times
That was my cousin of mine there in Vegas who got involved in the accident. He said he was going northbound on Camino on a green light then the other car going eastbound on Washburn hit and spun his car around. Luckily, he just ended up with bruised ribs and a fractured wrist. He said the other party didn't look so well since they were taken to the hospital via ambulance. He's currently waiting for video footage on the street cameras to verify his claim.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:42 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,573,368 times
Not sure it still applies but used to be for some reason Police and Attorneys can't use traffic cameras to determine fault or liability. I'd like to know if this is still true.
CITATIONS AND ARRESTS FOR VIOLATIONS OF TRAFFIC LAWS

Citations

NRS 484A.600  Use by governmental entity or agent of photographic, video or digital equipment to gather evidence for issuance of traffic citation.  A governmental entity and any agent thereof shall not use photographic, video or digital equipment for gathering evidence to be used for the issuance of a traffic citation for a violation of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS unless the equipment is held in the hand or installed temporarily or permanently within a vehicle or facility of a law enforcement agency.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 3278) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.910)

Old 12-24-2017, 02:03 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,052,059 times
This just says the government can't use it to issue a citation. I don't see any reason a private attorney could not subpoena the footage and use as evidence in their civil case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Not sure it still applies but used to be for some reason Police and Attorneys can't use traffic cameras to determine fault or liability. I'd like to know if this is still true.
CITATIONS AND ARRESTS FOR VIOLATIONS OF TRAFFIC LAWS

Citations

NRS 484A.600  Use by governmental entity or agent of photographic, video or digital equipment to gather evidence for issuance of traffic citation.  A governmental entity and any agent thereof shall not use photographic, video or digital equipment for gathering evidence to be used for the issuance of a traffic citation for a violation of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS unless the equipment is held in the hand or installed temporarily or permanently within a vehicle or facility of a law enforcement agency.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 3278) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.910)

Old 12-24-2017, 02:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,214,992 times
That is the anti speed/red light camera legislation. Should be fully usable if it exists. I do not believe the existence of the video sensors means they have an obtainable record.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:08 PM

That is great to hear that traffic video can likely be used in civil court. Has anyone on the board requested a copy? It would be good to know how to go about it outside of hiring an attorney.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:47 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,526,565 times
Probably the same way you go about getting any type of information from a governmental body. You make a FOIA request to to Nevada DOT or CCPW.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:17 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,415,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon12 View Post
That was my cousin of mine there in Vegas who got involved in the accident. He said he was going northbound on Camino on a green light then the other car going eastbound on Washburn hit and spun his car around. Luckily, he just ended up with bruised ribs and a fractured wrist. He said the other party didn't look so well since they were taken to the hospital via ambulance. He's currently waiting for video footage on the street cameras to verify his claim.
If you cousin is still waiting (after 7 1/2 years) for the video, I think you would probably let your cousin know that he is probably never going to get the video. And even if he does, I am sure any and all statutes of limitation have passed and he will be unable to do anything at this point.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:22 AM

Ha! Good eye C_A_Braun, a little past the still fresh date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas