Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Gaz Gaz started this thread

2 posts, read 5,348 times

Advertisements

Hello all.

New on the site, but you were recommended by a friend to help with the information I'm looking for.

I'll be moving to Las Vegas at the end of August from here in the sunny (ha-ha) UK and am on the look out for rental agencies.

Due to the contract I have, I am only allowed to rent property in Summerlin (Strange I know) so does anyone have any advice, links, contacts etc?

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Hello all.

New on the site, but you were recommended by a friend to help with the information I'm looking for.

I'll be moving to Las Vegas at the end of August from here in the sunny (ha-ha) UK and am on the look out for rental agencies.

Due to the contract I have, I am only allowed to rent property in Summerlin (Strange I know) so does anyone have any advice, links, contacts etc?

Many thanks.
Rentals in the US are generally handled by the regular real estate system...at least for single family residences and condominiums. Apartments are handled differently. In general in Summerlin you will end up in an single family or a condo...though there are apartments.

At present there are 60 rentals available in the Summerlin master planned area. They range in price from $1195 per month to $6500 per month. They range in size from 1000 SF to 4500 SF. You can find anything you want in between.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:08 PM

8 posts, read 23,999 times
There are alot of rentals throughout Las Vegas. Just google "las vegas apartments or rentals", you don't have to rent a single family if u don't need that.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:09 AM

9 posts, read 43,283 times
Gaz
I live in Summerlin right now there are an abundance of rentals. Any the post suggested bypass an agency. Summerlin is a nice area, mainly family oriented. Do you want to swap homes via The Holiday? How long are you going to be here?

QUOTE=Gaz;884753]Hello all.

Many thanks.[/quote]

Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Gaz Gaz started this thread

2 posts, read 5,348 times
Thanks for the replies so far. Will be touching down in Vegas around August 28th, and will have two weeks to secure accommodation before I start work.

We are currently looking at 3 years in the US, with an option to extend to 4.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Thanks for the replies so far. Will be touching down in Vegas around August 28th, and will have two weeks to secure accommodation before I start work.

We are currently looking at 3 years in the US, with an option to extend to 4.
Drop me a pm on what you are looking for and I will send you the profiles on what is available. I can do condos and houses but not apartments.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Drop me a pm on what you are looking for and I will send you the profiles on what is available. I can do condos and houses but not apartments.
This has apparently offended some. I don't actually do rentals...except for servicemen and to occassionally rescue someone who is lost in the system.

There is no money in it unless you work at it in a big way which I don't.

I do have much better search tools available than the public...and I can give a guy a leg up on a hunt in 10 minutes or so. Which is about what I would invest in such an activity. I don't care who he uses as a rental agent...if anybody.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
Its none of anyone else's business, I can't understand why anyone would be offended...

Old 07-06-2007, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 13,112 times
Wink Olecapt

I am moving to LAS Vegas in August. Olecapt has given me a list of available rental homes in the areas and with the amenities that I have requested based on the amount of rent that I want to spend. In no way, has he ever asked for money or even given his opinion other than when asked. I would hate to see him attacked and not be able to help newcomers out anymore. I am military and moving with 3 school age children to a new area. I have been reading everone's opinions on this board and want to thank all of you for your differing opinions because it makes it easier to choose a specific location to search but Olecapt has been very helpful with prospective homes without asking for anything.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:24 PM

3 posts, read 6,635 times
We are also relocating from Reno to Vegas in sep-oct
and would appreciate help in locating an agency or reference that can help us find a home
one concern we have is being careful not to rent from an owner that's about to go into foreclosure, I'm not sure it's even an issue but have read horror stories of the sherrifs dept showing up and evicting the renters.. ish
we're looking for a house around 2500sqft preferrably single level but not a requirment,
need at least 3br and den
looking in the SummerLin area
rent around 2000 ish
must allow cute little well behaved doggies
appreciate any feedback
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: