U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 PM
 
34 posts, read 99,088 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a somewhat nice sandy beach where I can take my dog to go swimming. This past weekend we went to Boulder Beach, but there is just too many rocks there and barely any sand. I know we live in a desert and it's not the easiest place to find a nice sandy beach, but maybe you guys know something I don't know.

Oh, and please if you know of a place, directions would be greatly appreciated. I get lost very easily, especially on unmarked roads Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 33,754,701 times
Reputation: 8976
without 4wd there is no such thing as sandy beaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 02:20 PM
 
2,038 posts, read 3,648,425 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
without 4wd there is no such thing as sandy beaches
How difficult or long a drive is it via 4wd to find some of the better sandy beaches, especially with the water level as low as it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:07 PM
 
34 posts, read 99,088 times
Reputation: 15
I don't have 4wd...:-/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:21 PM
 
2,509 posts, read 3,734,278 times
Reputation: 2180
If your dog is small enough maybe you could jump off the stratosphere and hang glide all the way to a sandy beach considering the wind speeds lately. I've wished there was a sandy beach myself. But the more I go there the more i realize how polluted it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
 
699 posts, read 1,795,642 times
Reputation: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
If your dog is small enough maybe you could jump off the stratosphere and hang glide all the way to a sandy beach considering the wind speeds lately. I've wished there was a sandy beach myself. But the more I go there the more i realize how polluted it is.
you jump first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 30,969,141 times
Reputation: 5358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Lady View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a somewhat nice sandy beach where I can take my dog to go swimming. This past weekend we went to Boulder Beach, but there is just too many rocks there and barely any sand. I know we live in a desert and it's not the easiest place to find a nice sandy beach, but maybe you guys know something I don't know.

Oh, and please if you know of a place, directions would be greatly appreciated. I get lost very easily, especially on unmarked roads Thanks everyone!
The only sandy beach that I know of on the lake is accessed by boat. You can rent a boat out there. Watch for sidewinders. Their tracks in the sand can be unnerving, especially if you are barefooted.

Go on the Arizona side and look for Bonelli Landing. The dirt road that leads to it isn't far from the dam. That's probably as good a place as any. Boulder Beach is aptly named. Not too easy of human feet either.

There are many dirt access roads that lead down to the lake. You'd just have to find one you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2017, 11:22 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,212 times
Reputation: 10
The only place I have ever been able to take my dog has been Cedar Pocket near St. George in the Virgin River Gulch between Mesquite and St George. Bring poop bags and water. Wade in the shallow river. Throw toys to play fetch and picnic. Pretty fun place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top