Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:08 AM

323 posts, read 428,552 times

Advertisements

It took a while but the doj is investigating him for money laundering. WYNN is ez pickings- i wonder why he continually spoke out against obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 12:24 AM

6,384 posts, read 11,877,389 times
I doubt it has anything to do with Obama. The Feds think everything in Macau is money laundering and guess what? They are correct.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:57 AM

323 posts, read 428,552 times
[off topic] Im just surprised Mr W didnt just count his money till this nightmare passed.........;lol.

[orphaned]

Last edited by observer53; 11-26-2014 at 08:15 AM..

Old 11-26-2014, 08:16 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Please keep this thread on this specific case/investigation; general discussion is not appropriate for the LV forum. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:29 PM

775 posts, read 775,812 times
I know for this city the sun shines out of Mr. Wynn, and no one is allowed to critique, but what would he have to lose, really, by just ponying up for light rail to the airport and out to some of the burbs? He would not notice the difference in his bank account and maybe would have a couple less paintings. But he would have a legacy of contributing to the community, other than running a slave mill. Politicians keep passing the buck with excuses other than to accept his lobby money. In the meantime this town is back in the 1950's without the entertainment and a population that can't get around. Maybe some of his friends can help, too. Macau has it, why can't we?

Old 11-27-2014, 12:20 AM

6,384 posts, read 11,877,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Baby View Post
I know for this city the sun shines out of Mr. Wynn, and no one is allowed to critique, but what would he have to lose, really, by just ponying up for light rail to the airport and out to some of the burbs? He would not notice the difference in his bank account and maybe would have a couple less paintings. But he would have a legacy of contributing to the community, other than running a slave mill. Politicians keep passing the buck with excuses other than to accept his lobby money. In the meantime this town is back in the 1950's without the entertainment and a population that can't get around. Maybe some of his friends can help, too. Macau has it, why can't we?
Its a noble thought, but these guys couldn't care less about Las Vegas as a whole. They profess a love for the town and the opportunities it gave them and donate to a few local charities, but for the most part they just see the town as full of people who mostly will not bring them business. Further they fear the "customer experience" one would get on the way to the Wynn or the Venetian and would rather no customer of theirs rode on public transit, they are hoping you get a cab from the airport or if you are a valued customer get a ride in from their cars/limos.

Not to mention if he or Sheldon or anyone else dared to champion a light rail from the airport project they would find their properties suddenly receiving really bad service from taxis and they really can't afford that.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:37 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,797 times
I do recall Wynn being investigated back in the 70's or 80's for laundering the mob's money. This ain't his first rodeo.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:52 AM

116 posts, read 126,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Baby View Post
I get around just fine. It's called a car, they sell them by the tens of millions per year. They even have gas stations on every corner. Light rails never coming so you can stop talking about it.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:53 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,283 times
I just played there last night... I had a blast!
thank you SW!

Old 11-27-2014, 12:24 PM

775 posts, read 775,812 times
So do I. It apparently asking too much for intelligent responses to issues. It is also asking too much for people who have obnoxious wealth but run slave mills, do not give back to the community and are not expected to. He could sell one if his paintings, if it didn't have a hole punched in it, and put in a light rail system, or new schools, or a wide variety of other things to help the community. I just don't think he is God like the rest of this city does. And the mob of a taxi service here sucks. And the subject will keep coming up until it is fixed because there is an unmet need for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas