Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 PM

10,211 posts, read 15,912,728 times

Advertisements

I'm Asian American, born and raised in Louisiana and Maryland to LEGAL parents, and what baffles me is why legal Hispanics don't speak up against the ilelgals who are giving them a bad name? While I'm very Americanized and don't have that many Asian friends, my impression is that while there are illegals from Asia, particularly China and the Philippines, the majority of Asian Americans want to distance ourselves from those people who are acting like typical illegals, joining gangs, committing crimes, cheating the system. They are an embarassment to my race and a disgraceful presence in our country.

Why don't more Hispanics speak up in favor of stricter immigration laws (and why don't more American Muslims denounce Al-Qaeda or show their support for Israel for that matter?) Why do American Muslims always add that blurb....yeah suicide bombings are wrong but we should look at the cause. Hispanic groups (not individual Hispanics...the organization representing them)...all insist that any effort to combat illegals is racism and that the U.S. deserves blame for somehow messing up other countries and making them poor, or making excuses for why they should be able to move here illegally and not pay taxes while sending money home.

I'm pretty sure the protestors are only a small percentage of Hispanic Americans and the vast majority of Hispanics are as sick and tired of illegals coming into our country and our towns as much as any other patriotic American. Its about time ordinary Hispanics and minorities or other races speak out and show the country that we stand with America against illegal immigration, terrorism, drugs, communism, and any other threats that we face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 08:26 PM

10,211 posts, read 15,912,728 times
Also the mayor of LA, Antonio Villaraigosa, was a member of a radical campus group at UCLA that believed California rightfully belonged to Mexico. He has never apologized for his membership in this group or even spoken out against its views. And his own parents are possibly illegal too.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,272 times
Those legal hispanics who refuse to talk are part of the problem. Period. They support the crime, and within their own ignorance, arrogance and low quality way of thinking they do not realize that the only thing they are doing is turn this nation into a third world like the countries they came from. But they don't care. As long as they have their daily food, everything is fine for them. They are unable to plan for the future; to think in generations. They reproduce as much as they can and survival of their children is a minor issue. "that's a government task" is probably the way they think.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,272 times
oh and by the way, here's a legal one. And probably more American than many Americans....

Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
I'm Asian American, born and raised in Louisiana and Maryland to LEGAL parents, and what baffles me is why legal Hispanics don't speak up against the ilelgals who are giving them a bad name? While I'm very Americanized and don't have that many Asian friends, my impression is that while there are illegals from Asia, particularly China and the Philippines, the majority of Asian Americans want to distance ourselves from those people who are acting like typical illegals, joining gangs, committing crimes, cheating the system. They are an embarassment to my race and a disgraceful presence in our country.

Why don't more Hispanics speak up in favor of stricter immigration laws (and why don't more American Muslims denounce Al-Qaeda or show their support for Israel for that matter?) Why do American Muslims always add that blurb....yeah suicide bombings are wrong but we should look at the cause. Hispanic groups (not individual Hispanics...the organization representing them)...all insist that any effort to combat illegals is racism and that the U.S. deserves blame for somehow messing up other countries and making them poor, or making excuses for why they should be able to move here illegally and not pay taxes while sending money home.

I'm pretty sure the protestors are only a small percentage of Hispanic Americans and the vast majority of Hispanics are as sick and tired of illegals coming into our country and our towns as much as any other patriotic American. Its about time ordinary Hispanics and minorities or other races speak out and show the country that we stand with America against illegal immigration, terrorism, drugs, communism, and any other threats that we face.
There are Hispanic groups, such as this one: http://dontspeakforme.org/ (broken link), that are speaking out about illegal aliens. The problem is (seems to me) that the media supports amnesty and refuses to broadcast any other point of view.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:21 AM

786 posts, read 4,732,014 times
The media has all Hispanics, legal and illegal supporting UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS.

Last edited by Dingler; 06-20-2007 at 08:17 AM..

Old 06-20-2007, 07:42 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,418 times
Well according to the media, the face of immigration control are white right-wingers. They don't bother to show the many liberals, moderates, and non-whites as supporters for tighter immigration. They need to show that all anti-amnesty people are "racist". This is easier to do when the people are white 'cause we all know that only white people can be racist ya know .

Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,293 times
Quote:

It’s simple. They are Mexican first. They see the race before anything else. Few Mexicans see themselves as American first. That’s why they embrace the hyphenated names like Mexican-American. They are Mexican first and foremost.
The same is true for Muslims. They are Muslims first and no matter what they will never say anything negative about Muslims.

The same is true for Democrats they are democrats first and will defend any democrat no matter what the circumstance. Just look at Sandy Burgler, what he did was indefensible, but they circled the wagons in his defense.

Lets see;
How many posts will there be before I am called a “racist”?
Who will be the first to bring up “Fox News”?
Who will be the first to say how bad the “Bush Administration” is?

Old 06-20-2007, 10:21 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
Here is the face of the anti-illegal immigration movement. The face of this movement is not white supremacy. The face of this movement is, as my friend Ted Hayes says, red, white, and blue....and these colors don't run.

The following is a video clip of Ted Hayes and David Hernandez for the Civil Rights March in Los Angeles, this coming Saturday, June 23rd. Be patient...it's nearly 10 minutes long.

I'll be there stand with my AMERICAN brothers and sisters....will you?

YouTube - Ted Hayes Civil Rights Demonstration Los Angeles

Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,379 times
Quote:
Also the mayor of LA, Antonio Villaraigosa, was a member of a radical campus group at UCLA that believed California rightfully belonged to Mexico. He has never apologized for his membership in this group or even spoken out against its views. And his own parents are possibly illegal too.
Why should he apologize for it? His membership in this radical group most likely helped him garner the support he needed to get elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration