U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM

719 posts, read 555,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
How did this become a refund for taxes is the only benefit of paying taxes? I can't understand that logic.

Illegal's for the most part pay zero Federal and State income tax. If they do pay in, it is refunded (if they file a return). They generally are low income due to their illegal status.

Quote:
As a rule property taxes pay for local schools. People complain that illegal's are getting a free education yet illegal's pay into property taxes like everyone else and therefore they are paying for education. Property taxes also pay for the local health clinics and county hospitals.

What world are you from?? How do they pay into property taxes other that a pittance amount! Normally they rent the cheapest thing they can find, it is not unusual to find several families all living together to minimize expenses.
Their education is more expensive than the normal child, many cannot read or write English but the schools are forced to accommodate with aids that can interpret plus teach those kids to speak English.
They use the emergency rooms for any illness they might incur, of course they can't pay so this cost is passed on to you and me in the way of higher fees.

Quote:
Sales taxes contribute to almost anything. Gasoline taxes go toward highway funds.
Quote:

If illegal's pay Social Security taxes, the illegal's can never receive the benefit of that tax.

You are correct here.

Quote:
Illegal's pay billions into local and federal governments yet they have little if any of the benefits of a legal citizen from those governments.

Illegal's pay in in terms of sales and gasoline taxes but minimally contribute to income taxes. They have destroyed the construction industry, admittedly not their fault as one must look to the employers and the cheap folks that use them. They, for the most part take our tax dollars to support their WIC cards. In areas where they have settled creates a real drag on that economy.
Just as a note, I see all of this 1st hand living in an area with a large percentage of illegal's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 AM

482 posts, read 294,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Why are there so many Mexicans coming to the United States to work? I'm not trying to offend anyone here, so please don't take my question the wrong way. I'm just curious. Is it the exchange rate?

Thanks.
I strongly support Mexicans coming to into the US, they deserve equality and justice, just as any other American!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,340,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post

Illegal's for the most part pay zero Federal and State income tax. If they do pay in, it is refunded (if they file a return). They generally are low income due to their illegal status.

What world are you from?? How do they pay into property taxes other that a pittance amount! Normally they rent the cheapest thing they can find, it is not unusual to find several families all living together to minimize expenses.
Their education is more expensive than the normal child, many cannot read or write English but the schools are forced to accommodate with aids that can interpret plus teach those kids to speak English.
They use the emergency rooms for any illness they might incur, of course they can't pay so this cost is passed on to you and me in the way of higher fees.

You are correct here.

Illegal's pay in in terms of sales and gasoline taxes but minimally contribute to income taxes. They have destroyed the construction industry, admittedly not their fault as one must look to the employers and the cheap folks that use them. They, for the most part take our tax dollars to support their WIC cards. In areas where they have settled creates a real drag on that economy.
Just as a note, I see all of this 1st hand living in an area with a large percentage of illegal's.
You missed the posts below so here is more:
Do Illegal Immigrants Pay Taxes? The Other Side of Immigration

Quote:
Illegal immigrants pay into Social Security via automatic payroll deductions, but they can never claim Social Security benefits because they are here illegally and because their Social Security numbers are fake. Its estimated that undocumented immigrants pay about $7 billion per year in Social Security taxes that they will never be able to reclaim.
That's 7 billion they will never collect but we benefit from.

Quote:
The 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act barred illegal immigrants from receiving any welfare benefits except in medical emergencies. It also barred legal immigrants from eligibility for welfare benefits during their first 5 years in the country. So, no, illegal immigrants do not exploit welfare services quite simply because they are not eligible to exploit them.
Quote:
In Plyler v. Doe (1982), the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to deny undocumented immigrants K-12 public education. Denying education would not only be crippling to the immigrants themselves, but would have broader social impacts.
It costs a lot more to keep them in prison after they commit crimes as the only way to stay alive. An education contributes back to society.

Quote:
Are illegal immigrants a net drain on the system?

At the federal level, it appears that undocumented immigrants pay in slightly more than they take out.

Areas with higher concentrations of undocumented immigrants, for example, spend more educating and providing emergency healthcare to undocumented immigrants than areas with lower concentrations. But this is not because undocumented immigrants are out to evade taxes and milk the system as we learned above, most pay sales, property, and income taxes automatically and are ineligible for the vast majority of social services.
Don't worry too much about it because illegals are returning to Mexico in droves. Unemployment in the U.S. 9%-20%. Unemployment in Mexico 5%.

Illegal aliens leaving U.S., returning to Mexico for better life? Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Meanwhile - As we wait for the monthly jobs report Friday, consider this: Mexico's unemployment rate is 4.9%... compared to 9.2% in the U.S. You do the math.

It's estimated that about 300,000 illegal aliens have left California alone since 2008.
Tide turns: Sharp increase in number of Mexicans returning home - CNN

Quote:
The Mexican Institute of Statistics and Geography -- INEGI by its Spanish acronym -- says that during the last five years of the decade, 1.1 million Mexicans left their country. According to the government agency, by the time the national census was taken last summer, more than 351,000 Mexican migrants had returned to Mexico.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM

7,089 posts, read 7,800,797 times
Why do Mexicans come here?

They know it irks the Republicans!!

Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 AM

19,023 posts, read 12,772,831 times
I want to see citizenry/permanent/legal residents of America:

1. Pruning the hedges and clearing piles of junk in my garden.

2. Mopping the floor in my bathroom.

3. Making my sandwich at the donut place

4. Shoveling snow in my driveway.

5. Picking up my trash once in 3 days.

etc.,

I'll pay 5 to 10 bucks an hour, depending on the type of work, and my mood. Any takers?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 PM

14 posts, read 16,847 times
yadda, yadda that's b/c a lot of jobs are being taken away from china brought into mexico! duh!!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:42 PM

422 posts, read 618,676 times
Quote:
It kills me how when you say the truth about mexican folks the defender get very defensive maybe b/c they have some hispanic blood in them too.
Ha ha - what is "hispanic blood"? Hispanic is a linguistic category. My blood doesn't speak Spanish, but my ancestors on one side are Spanish Jews. The majority of Mexicans are descended from the original peoples of meso-America, as well as from Spaniards, although you'll find people of all races and mixed ancestries in Mexico, just like the U.S. Education doesn't require a certain type of blood, so you may want to acquire some! axixic2 is clearly educated.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:20 AM

10,900 posts, read 8,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
OK, so here's what I don't understand....since the Mexicans are such hard working people, why isn't Mexico farther along in the food chain? I've been there, and the people were delightful. The Mexicans I encounter here are doing good work, so why can't the Mexican government make Mexico a super power?
Maybe it's too hot in Central America? Can you name a single hot country that is a contender in the world?
With the fertility rate in Mexico having dropped to 1.9, providing they don't allow tons of Central American immigrants to fill the void of a decreasing population, they'll move right along in the food chain without much effort.

And we'll be forced to look elsewhere for both legal and illegal immigrants!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 AM

6,939 posts, read 3,005,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
With the fertility rate in Mexico having dropped to 1.9, providing they don't allow tons of Central American immigrants to fill the void of a decreasing population, they'll move right along in the food chain without much effort.

And we'll be forced to look elsewhere for both legal and illegal immigrants!
The drop in the birth rate in Mexico has been steep, as you indicate in the 1.9 number. Demographers in Mexico have been discussing the lower birth rate's probable impact on the nation for some time now.

The Mexican government's policy of forcing-out about 10% of the population - as illegal immigrants to the USA - was for at least two principal reasons: lack of jobs in Mexico, and the need for the injection of US$ into the Mexican economy in the form of remittances. Upwards of 40+ million Mexicans are being supported to some degree by the illegals in the USA. That's why Mexico has been so directly involved in legal and political efforts on USA soil to promote amnesty and special rights for its illegal nationals.

A generation of Mexicans has abandoned their country for these reasons and their and their children, born after they left, will be sorely missed one day by the nation. Central Americans have been allowed to come into Mexico almost un-checked to do work that Mexicans won't or can't do themselves. Not much different than how Mexicans and immigrants from other countries come into the USA. I believe Mexico has been unfriendly towards immigrants, though, as compared to the USA policy. Even legal immigrants face much tougher restrictions in Mexico, in comparison.

But, if the numbers/reports I've seen which state that 1.2 million more Mexicans enter the job market (in Mexico) than jobs are available for them Mexico's national policy of forcing-out it's citizens will continue and resistence in the USA will grow in defense. If I had a solution to the problem I'd be a very wealthy man!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:20 AM

6,178 posts, read 3,066,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Why are there so many Mexicans coming to the United States to work? I'm not trying to offend anyone here, so please don't take my question the wrong way. I'm just curious. Is it the exchange rate?

Thanks.
It is the Land of the Freebee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration