Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:18 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times

Advertisements

At the moment we have free movement immigration between NZ and Aus, true we are getting a lot more Kiwis moving to Aus.
But should the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand look at free movement and immigration between the four countries ?

We all have a lot in common with our British heritage and loyalty to the Crown over the years.

Of course for the UK the bloke in the woodpile is the EU, does Britain still control it's immigration policies ?

But if Britain cannot join no reason why Canada cannot join the Aus/NZ free movement.
How it is done in NZ, grab passport, air ticket, fly to Aus, that's it, you are now a Aus resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 10:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
It would be feasible as long as it's pretty much two-way immigration/emigration and includes only the citizens of those nations.

I think immigration should be more about a balanced even-trade of people, if 100,000 citizens of country A relocate to country B and about the same number from country B relocate to country A, it could work.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,255 times
I think there would be much more English people moving to USA and Australia then there would be moving to UK for obvious reasons.... that would cause problems

Old 04-29-2012, 03:01 AM

3 posts, read 4,630 times
The Australian government is holding an EXPO in Houston on 19/20 May 2012 to recruit 50000 workers who will be fast tracked to jobs in Health, Mining and Oil/Gas.

USA has E3 visas only for Australians to work in the USA.

US & UK residents are flooding the Australian market on working holiday visas.

It is a matter of time before US residents swamp Australia to study because fo the cost factor.

Regards
JoePer

Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,811,944 times
Is cost of living lower in Australia than the USA? I realize that the cost of living varies greatly within a country, but is it GENERALLY less in Australia?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
Is cost of living lower in Australia than the USA? I realize that the cost of living varies greatly within a country, but is it GENERALLY less in Australia?
No it is generally much higher. I think he means that Australian education is much less expensive, although from looking at it my self I'd say if you're not Australian it costs about as much, foreigners certainly wouldn't be paying Australian Citizen prices.

I don't think Canada would want to allow free movement of people across the US Canada border. The English Canadians have a real cultural insecurity about the US and fear assimilation. They would never agree to it out of fear of being swamped by Americans and losing even more cultural uniqueness. And the French Canadians certainly wouldn't want it out of fear that it would accelerate them losing demographic clout within the federation as we know that the Americans certainly wouldn't aim to integrate into Francophone towns and cities.

As for Aus/NZ, we might be more open to this, Canadians have very positive feelings towards your two countries and there are reasonable numbers of you. You are however quite foreign, at least as much as Ireland is if not more, so I think it could be argued that they should be allowed in too if there weren't any EU to worry about. I could also see Canada signing such an agreement with France, we already have many agreements with them and I hear a shockingly large number of Frenchman all over Canada's cities, not just in Ottawa/Quebec/Acadia.

Last edited by BIMBAM; 05-12-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,605,436 times
Would be interesting to see the Euro zone/Oceania/US & Canada to have free movement and open immigration between them.

These areas are tied together by people "immigration in previous generations",languages, and common cultures.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 16,426 times
Question I am thomas want to have free movement immigration in any of the country canad uk australia and Nz

my mail address is THOMASPOVOGUI@YAHOO.FR,i will like to hear from your very soon,i am in Rep guinea conakry west africa

Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Would be interesting to see the Euro zone/Oceania/US & Canada to have free movement and open immigration between them.

These areas are tied together by people "immigration in previous generations",languages, and common cultures.
Oh no thanks. We're full up as it is (US). I wonder, though, would Australia be flooded with migrants (particularly from Canada and UK) if free movement was allowed?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,427,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh no thanks. We're full up as it is (US). I wonder, though, would Australia be flooded with migrants (particularly from Canada and UK) if free movement was allowed?
You aint full by any standards compared to the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration