Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 AM

228 posts, read 664,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macebt7 View Post
I would like to know what difference does the case number make whether is low or high. mine is 2013EU00029***. Does it mean my chances are lower cause of the number? and i have already sent the two forms end of October (i was selected during the second draw on the 22nd of October) but due to the hurricane Sandy my letter is stuck in USPS NY (. I will have to wait till it reaches KCC and then I would like to know how I would be notified if a visa interview is scheduled and when? I guess by e-mail right? When would it probably be? Maybe the summer? Any thoughts or info by some that have or know some that have had experience with this? Thank you!
Case number does matter - people with lower numbers in your region will be assessed first and have a higher likelihood of gaining a visa. Some winners don't qualify for whatever reason, or choose not to pursue the GC, and so they move on to the next winner, until the quota for the region is filled. Obviously the lower the number the greater your chances of getting the GC.

I just pulled my bf's documents from when he won the '07 draw and his number was EU in the very low 7,000s (yes, definitely lucky, he also won on his first try!). He received all correspondence from KCC in the mail I believe (but now I think they do it all online due to fraud). Eventually he got a letter with information on when his interview was and what documents to bring. He also had to go for chest xrays and blood draws at a specific doctor and bring them to the interview, as well as police documents and proof of education.

I want to say that he was notified of selection in spring of '06 (May I think), filled out the papers to the KCC with proof he had high school etc, and then, based on his number, wasn't informed of an interview date until sometime in late October. His interview and doctor stuff happened in November/early December. He entered the US for xmas that year to "start the clock", but fully emigrated in March of 2007. He became a citizen in late September of this year and now is a dual Sweden/US citizen.

Looks like for Europe visas are currently available for case numbers 9,250 and below, and expected to be on numbers 10,800 and below in January. Notifications for interview come when your number is within those bounds, so with your number it isn't likely until mid to late summer, assuming they are doing roughly 1,500 numbers per month. You should check the visa update bulletins here:

Visa Bulletin For December 2012

Once the quota has been reached (for Europe it is usually between 14K and 16K) then no more numbers will be eligible for a visa.

With your number as high as it is for Europe, where a larger proportion of winners are more likely to have the requisite education and background, the chances look slim for a visa to be issued to you.

This is a good transcript to read through:
2012 Diversity Visa Lottery Program & Registration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 PM

5 posts, read 13,715 times
Thanks for the reply and the link u gave me . btw by this time i have visited so many forums and was looking for answers there that i already have an idea of the whole process. i know about my number :/ i will just wait until summer to see what happens with the cutoffs. i hope i'll get current june/july and that all visas won't be issued by then. and also was thinking, if people, including me, were selected october and got high case numbers (of course), it means that kcc didn't receive enough responses by selectees by october so that means even high case numbers have equal chances. otherwise they wouldn't have revealed to the applicants that have won if they already had enough people selected in may that proceeded with application. besides i met the info somewhere that there wasn't another draw, just revealing now to more selectees from may that have won. and they do that when they are sure that not enough number of selectees went on with the process. especially from europe. it seems like most of the second time winners are from europe. maybe i'm wrong though. where r from btw?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM

5 posts, read 13,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley View Post
Case number does matter - people with lower numbers in your region will be assessed first and have a higher likelihood of gaining a visa. Some winners don't qualify for whatever reason, or choose not to pursue the GC, and so they move on to the next winner, until the quota for the region is filled. Obviously the lower the number the greater your chances of getting the GC.

I just pulled my bf's documents from when he won the '07 draw and his number was EU in the very low 7,000s (yes, definitely lucky, he also won on his first try!). He received all correspondence from KCC in the mail I believe (but now I think they do it all online due to fraud). Eventually he got a letter with information on when his interview was and what documents to bring. He also had to go for chest xrays and blood draws at a specific doctor and bring them to the interview, as well as police documents and proof of education.

I want to say that he was notified of selection in spring of '06 (May I think), filled out the papers to the KCC with proof he had high school etc, and then, based on his number, wasn't informed of an interview date until sometime in late October. His interview and doctor stuff happened in November/early December. He entered the US for xmas that year to "start the clock", but fully emigrated in March of 2007. He became a citizen in late September of this year and now is a dual Sweden/US citizen.

Looks like for Europe visas are currently available for case numbers 9,250 and below, and expected to be on numbers 10,800 and below in January. Notifications for interview come when your number is within those bounds, so with your number it isn't likely until mid to late summer, assuming they are doing roughly 1,500 numbers per month. You should check the visa update bulletins here:

Visa Bulletin For December 2012

Once the quota has been reached (for Europe it is usually between 14K and 16K) then no more numbers will be eligible for a visa.

With your number as high as it is for Europe, where a larger proportion of winners are more likely to have the requisite education and background, the chances look slim for a visa to be issued to you.

This is a good transcript to read through:
2012 Diversity Visa Lottery Program & Registration
i just saw i didn't reply to u directly so here again . my previous message is to u.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 9,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddom View Post
hey guys thanks for all the help in this furum.well am a dv lottery winner from cameroon an its a very happy feeling to be amongst the selected my case number is 2013af00051*** very high though but am very greatful to God an being so opstimistic about getting my visa.since i heard my results i have made alot of research an know alot about visa bulletin predictions,interviews,infact everything.my brother travelled this year an i know alot about the prossessing.i here by invite my brothers from cameroon to storm this furum with their problems asware as solutions.GOD BLESS U

hey everybody well we are happy but still not completly happy yet till our casenumbers come through.......... i am from morocco my case number is AF 54*** I SENT MY DOCUMENT kcc replied saying that i have been accepted to continue on the process "waiting" some one please any adiitional information thanks

Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Why are people posting their case numbers on here?! I don't think the employees of the immigration agency are on CD, at least not for professional reasons

I feel sorry for that Irish winner whose husband decided not to continue the process. I don't think one spouse should take such an important and potentially life-changing decision alone... There are still great places in the US, it is not all NYC or Nebraska...

Old 12-27-2012, 04:15 AM

2 posts, read 9,142 times
no one posted their casenumber 54*** 51*** 42*** aren't casenumber ............. i can see that everyone posted "?????????????????????"""""" anything you could help us with sweetheart!

Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,531 times
Definitly .......

Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,393 times
i went to the interview on febuary 14 in Ghana and the consellor told me everything is okay but then they needed my original high school certificate so i should go bring it God bin on ma side i have found it and in my passport i went to uk last summer with this same passport please do i stand a great chance getting my visa am going to the embassy on friday,...

Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 PM

442 posts, read 800,247 times
I think someone's trolling this thread.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
What does your passport and your trip to the UK have to do with your greencard?! It's not as if you had an Israeli stamp in your passport and wanted to go to Iran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration