Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 11:45 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
CONGRATS!!
Just for fun ask some neighbour to answer these tests...

I eliminated the answer just for those who are reading this ...
Do "you" know all the correct answers?
I took this same test over 60 years ago, and I do not know the answers today...
I never regretted my decision altho I do not agree with all the shenanigans of the USA Government today... (But then..., who does?)
unbelievable that you remember all the questions you got. I became a citizen not 60 years ago like you I came here 21 years ago but I have to think hard what the questions were that I got.

I did get the question who was the first President. Most of the answers are unknown to many American born people as when I was studying I was asking others regarding the answers and not one could answer all of them right.

But at the same token I have never seen the citizenship test for my native born country so I don't know if I would know all the answers but I think I will be able to pass that test too.

edited after reading about my native countries citizenship test. Which is insane easy and not one question regarding the government, the Royal family etc. Just reading and elementary school reading. Like reading a story about a car and going to the store. The questions are what color is the car, what day are they going to the store, etc.

I'm totally shocked but I guess Europe's citizenship test is more based on understanding the basic native language. Unbelievable. Just to make it easy so anyone will pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 02:32 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,848,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
unbelievable that you remember all the questions you got. I became a citizen not 60 years ago like you I came here 21 years ago but I have to think hard what the questions were that I got.
I personally do not remember any of the questions I was given when I became a citizen.
I do remember that the guy who was my contact was actually Chinese, so it is interesting that my citizenship papers are signed with a Chinese name. Proof, that the USA is populated by all kinds of people from all over this world!

So the questions noted are copied from the OP who listed them 'with' the answers!

Sadly, thru all these years, I was never interested to become an advocate for some political party.
I came here to work in the Aerospace Sector and did that for over 40 years, and not just working in the USA.
Due to my knowledge of foreign languages, I was able to work in many different countries on behalf of the USA!

Active membership in some political party was absolutely NOT required during my professional years.
I was too busy to worry about nincompoops quoting their personal beliefs in government, which as I found were more to their own benefit than for the benefit of all Americans.

I did my share of serving this country in the Armed Forces, was taught how to fly and then working to keep this country safe and powerful.

I have been retired for many years and thoroughly enjoy the USA now at a leisurely pace. I am still flying although now I am classified as a 'recreational pilot'...

Old 11-15-2021, 05:44 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
I got my American citizenship in 2010, February.

I won the US Visa Lottery, after applying for it for 8 years in a row. Then I won. Was living in Germany at that time. Moved here in 2004 as a permanent resident. Had to wait 5 more years and then was eligible to apply for citizenship. Yes, the process is as people were describing here. I got emotional during the final part, in that giant room with so many people from all over the world.

I always felt American in my heart, can't explain. Some people are like that, I guess.

I got drunk only twice in my life, when I was around 20 years old. Each time I started to speak in correct English, with an accent. My friends told me after about it, they were shocked. I was not speaking the language at the time, later I started to study it on my own. I was an American in another previous life? Probably.

Anyway, I remember that just after 11/9 I was in Germany, living there. I had a sport jacket, navy with a big American flag on the back, military look. I was wearing that jacket for weeks after the event, every single day. Just to show my support.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:02 PM

643 posts, read 349,677 times
^ Give you another example. The newly elected councilwoman of my town is an immigrant from rural region in China. She passed the citizenship test on the first day, on the second day she officially and permanently changed her name, on the third day she then filed an application and kickoff her political campaign to run for councilwoman. The citizenship is like a booster to immigrant's life. People then begin to chase their ultimate goals. She has dual doctor degrees, PhD & JD. that’s super rare, one in ten millions I think.
I should have attended an Oath of Allegiance ceremony. It's once-in-a-lifetime experience. I'm sure I'll get very emotional at the ceremony. It's the beginning of a new chapter of my life.

Last edited by shoot002; 11-22-2021 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-02-2022, 10:49 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,096,614 times
Congratulations. I read through the booklet during my lunch breaks for the week leading up to the test and that was all the preparation I needed. All the stress leading up to it wasn’t worth it. I filed my passport and passport card application at the ceremony and the rest is history.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:38 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcl View Post
Congratulations. I read through the booklet during my lunch breaks for the week leading up to the test and that was all the preparation I needed. All the stress leading up to it wasn’t worth it. I filed my passport and passport card application at the ceremony and the rest is history.
Congratulations.
You applied and paid for your passport at the USCIS facility?

Old 05-03-2022, 06:38 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,096,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Congratulations.
You applied and paid for your passport at the USCIS facility?
Ceremony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration