Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddppss View Post
Hi Guys, Many thanks for your kindly response. I learn much from your posts.

STT resident, Could you please tell me the meaning of TRV?
TRV - Temporary Resident Visa. If you go to the link provided by poster gnomatic this will be clear ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM

27 posts, read 76,789 times
Thanks, STT Resident.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 PM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
To the original poster.

Be aware that a Canadian employer MUST ask you, at the interview stage, IF you have the right to work in Canada, now.

If you do not hold a current Canadian work visa, or a Permanent Resident status card , you cannot be hired in Canada.

Further, it is against Canadian law, for a individual to come to Canada, as a VISITOR, and seek employment in Canada.

Follow the rules, please.

Jim B

Toronto.
I am not that familiar with Canadian requirements. Would you be so kind to post an official link about the law against visiting Canada and seeking employment? Thank you.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Quote:
To the original poster.

Be aware that a Canadian employer MUST ask you, at the interview stage, IF you have the right to work in Canada, now.

If you do not hold a current Canadian work visa, or a Permanent Resident status card , you cannot be hired in Canada.

Further, it is against Canadian law, for a individual to come to Canada, as a VISITOR, and seek employment in Canada.

Follow the rules, please.

Jim B

Toronto.
At the same time, Canadian immigration expects some individuals having job offers already in hand. How those individuals get those job offers, is the moot point. Some scour employers while living in their own countries (VERY ungrateful task). Some come for a visit having a few interviews arranged (fair to the employers as well, as they get to see the candidate before committing to sponsoring for a visa). There is no harm in having a few conversations while visiting Canada. Some employers will flat refuse to talk, some will be glad that they don't need to get into expense of arranging an interview.

Imagine a British or American visitor, staying in Canada for 6 months at a time. They definitely can and will have interviews if they feel so, and will discuss further steps (visa sponsorship with job offers). So why citizens of other countries have to go through the lecturing that they cannot do the same?

Old 11-03-2012, 06:14 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,010 times
THREESTEP:

Do a Goggle search and find that for yourself.

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
THREESTEP:

Do a Goggle search and find that for yourself.

Jim B

Toronto.
Bad hair day or no proof of statement?

Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 AM

nuala :

Stating the facts, is hardly "lecturing " in my books.

Canada has every right to set rules for individuals who want to work in our country, and I simply told the person to "follow the rules ".

Jim B

Toronto,

Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
nuala :

Stating the facts, is hardly "lecturing " in my books.

Canada has every right to set rules for individuals who want to work in our country, and I simply told the person to "follow the rules ".

Jim B

Toronto,
As you give no facts I will rest my case.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Three step;

READ this.

Specific information, direct from the Government of Canada's Immigration website.

Good enough for you ?

Working temporarily in Canada

Took me about 5 seconds to find this.

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 PM

27 posts, read 76,789 times
Now I am preparing the documents for travelling visa. I want to send my documents to Los Angeles embassy. but I don't know how to write the Beneficiary of money order, Could you please give me some advices?

The embassy address as follows:
consulate General of Canada
immigration section
550 south Hope street, 9th floor
Los Angeles, California
90071, USA

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration