Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 887 times

Advertisements

I am vikas patel and iam in usa on f1 visa. i transfer my college before my 1st quater and now i want to apply for f2 for my wife on new college. What should be the ans for the question “Why your husband change university and not study in the college on which he got f1 visa?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 04:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas patel View Post
I am vikas patel and iam in usa on f1 visa. i transfer my college before my 1st quater and now i want to apply for f2 for my wife on new college. What should be the ans for the question “Why your husband change university and not study in the college on which he got f1 visa?”
The truth.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 836 times
hi,
I m jigar patel. i applied three time for f2 visa but i rejected. now i am planing to reapply. i what to suggestion to fill my ds160. in form there is question about rejection. what should i write in that column which make my form strong. every time i write simple sentence that "i have 2 time rejection for f2 category..."
plz suggest me..
thank you

Old 02-29-2016, 01:40 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs1811 View Post
hi,
I m jigar patel. i applied three time for f2 visa but i rejected. now i am planing to reapply. i what to suggestion to fill my ds160. in form there is question about rejection. what should i write in that column which make my form strong. every time i write simple sentence that "i have 2 time rejection for f2 category..."
plz suggest me..
thank you
There is nothing you can do to make your form "strong".
Having already been rejected thrice, you will most likely be rejected again.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:25 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Always tell the truth.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:41 AM

34 posts, read 23,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_zma View Post
Hi,

My wife is on F1 status in california, she started her course in sept 2012, now i am planning to apply for a F2 visa (i.e dec 2012). In fact my interview date is dec 10th 2012

I work for a IT company in India as a Business analyst. I am taking all the certificates from my office like leave letter and exp letters etc.

I have got all the necessary documents required ready for an F2 visa.

Now my question is, its hardly been 3 months my wife went to USA and within this short period of time if i apply for a F2 will that be fine? what are the chances of me getting the F2 visa.

And wat if VO asks me,"When u have a job here y u wanna apply for F2 why not a Visitors Visa or any orther?"

Pleas advise.

Thanks,
Pavan.
Pls Consult an experienced immigration attorney to solve your issue and it will also help to provide a best legal representation for your case...

Old 09-26-2016, 09:51 AM
ag0

1 posts, read 627 times
Hi,
My husband is studying in a reputed university in US and is on F1 visa. He went on June1.
I am planning to apply for F2 visa and visit him for 2 months now and may be more later.
1. I already have B1/B2 visa filed by my company last year. If they ask me why don't I visit using that and apply for F2 later?
2. Should I really visit him on B1/B2 for two months and then apply after I come back?
3. Is NOC or leave letter required for F2 visa interview?
4. My L1b got rejected last week. Is there any negative impact of that?
Thanks in advance.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 442 times
I am applying for F-2 visa. My husband is doing his PhD in USA. I am doing a job in a marketing company. I wanna quit my job after getting the visa and go to assist my husband in USA to complete his PhD. What should I answer to the question if VO asks that 'You are doing a job here, so why are you going there?'. Should I answer honestly that I am gonna quit my job after getting the visa. Does this answer indicates potential immigrant ?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:14 AM

24,466 posts, read 10,793,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobita Abrity View Post
I am applying for F-2 visa. My husband is doing his PhD in USA. I am doing a job in a marketing company. I wanna quit my job after getting the visa and go to assist my husband in USA to complete his PhD. What should I answer to the question if VO asks that 'You are doing a job here, so why are you going there?'. Should I answer honestly that I am gonna quit my job after getting the visa. Does this answer indicates potential immigrant ?
It is not a matter of you quitting- F2 is not eligible for Employment Authorization Document.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration