Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 AM

7 posts, read 13,507 times

Advertisements

I work from home, I am underage and will be an adult next year.
I am not in the EU.

I have no boss, I work from home, and make a living.
I plan to move to the US next year.

I was wondering, what would be the best solution so I get a US visa so I can live there and work from home?

I have no family in the US.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,630,306 times
It won't be possible. Go to the first "sticky" on this forum page and click onto the USCIS link for information on what visas are available and how you qualify for one. Unfortunately your situation doesn't qualify you for any of them. Sorry.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 PM

938 posts, read 1,513,165 times
Impossible to get a visa that way. You could apply for a J-1 visa, these are the kind that foreigners who want to experience the U.S. and work at the same time appy for. However these are temporary visas that do not allow you to immigrate to the U.S. Your best bet is to get a university degree and convince a company to sponsor you to come to the U.S., or to marry a U.S. citizen.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 PM

442 posts, read 799,767 times
It's funny how someone always just says "marry a US citizen". No biggie, lol.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,502,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix070 View Post
I work from home, I am underage and will be an adult next year.
I am not in the EU.

I have no boss, I work from home, and make a living.
I plan to move to the US next year.

I was wondering, what would be the best solution so I get a US visa so I can live there and work from home?

I have no family in the US.

Thanks
As others have mentioned moving to the US will probably not be possible for you regardless of where you work. The only way that you could come here to live and work, from home or elsewhere, would be to get a green card (unless you're very wealthy). Getting a green card is the only way that anyone could move to the US permanently. All other visas are temporary but most only allow you limited work. To get a green card you either have to have a close relative here who will sponsor you or you have to find an employer who is willing to give you a job and sponsor you for a green card. This is really just an option for people who are very well educated, very qualified and therefore very attractive to employers. It's very difficult to legally immigrate to the US which is why we have so many people coming here illegally from all over the world.

Unfortunately you are most likely not going to be able to move to the US next year, if ever. I'd recommend that you get a good education and try to get a work based green cards. Nurses and doctors are sought after here so that's a good way to go. Another option would be to marry a US citizen. I just want to mention to anyone reading this that marrying someone just to get a green card is a serious crime that is likely to be discovered.

Good luck!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,840,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
As others have mentioned moving to the US will probably not be possible for you regardless of where you work. The only way that you could come here to live and work, from home or elsewhere, would be to get a green card (unless you're very wealthy). Getting a green card is the only way that anyone could move to the US permanently. All other visas are temporary but most only allow you limited work. To get a green card you either have to have a close relative here who will sponsor you or you have to find an employer who is willing to give you a job and sponsor you for a green card. This is really just an option for people who are very well educated, very qualified and therefore very attractive to employers. It's very difficult to legally immigrate to the US which is why we have so many people coming here illegally from all over the world.

Unfortunately you are most likely not going to be able to move to the US next year, if ever. I'd recommend that you get a good education and try to get a work based green cards. Nurses and doctors are sought after here so that's a good way to go. Another option would be to marry a US citizen. I just want to mention to anyone reading this that marrying someone just to get a green card is a serious crime that is likely to be discovered.

Good luck!
If you read his other posts, he lives in Europe, but not in the EU. Owns his own home at age 18, works from home. Enjoys the "adrenaline" hobbies like skydiving, and wants to live in LA or San Diego.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,766,869 times
No immediate options. Some suggestions:
- Just travel a lot using the visa waiver program or if that is not available to you,a tourist visa
- Apply for the DV lottery every year.
- If you make good money, save up for a few years, then go for an investors visa.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM

938 posts, read 1,513,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
It's funny how someone always just says "marry a US citizen". No biggie, lol.
Not saying that it's that simple. You could always work and study in the U.S., and meet someone you fall in love with and end up marrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
As others have mentioned moving to the US will probably not be possible for you regardless of where you work...It's very difficult to legally immigrate to the US which is why we have so many people coming here illegally from all over the world.
Tell that to all the conservatives who think it's all about people too lazy to apply and wait in line in their home countries.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM

442 posts, read 799,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Not saying that it's that simple. You could always work and study in the U.S., and meet someone you fall in love with and end up marrying.
No, I know.

It does seem, though, that once you have that idea planted in the back of your head, you'd give people you're actually not that crazy about certain qualities to make them a better match for you and marry someone you never would if immigration wasn't an issue.

I'm not judging, by the way. Whatever works. It's actually kinda nice to know that America still has that magic glow for people to make them go through so many hoops and fees and frustrating situations just for the right to be in the US..

Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM

832 posts, read 1,415,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
No, I know.

It does seem, though, that once you have that idea planted in the back of your head, you'd give people you're actually not that crazy about certain qualities to make them a better match for you and marry someone you never would if immigration wasn't an issue.

I'm not judging, by the way. Whatever works. It's actually kinda nice to know that America still has that magic glow for people to make them go through so many hoops and fees and frustrating situations just for the right to be in the US..
Yes.

Unfortunately, the people the U.S. wants to be in the U.S. are the ones that we make wait the longest. The educated ones.

Not that educated people don't marry.

They do.

But the marriage route is a sure fire way for someone without any skills or options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration