U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
 
Location: canada
13 posts, read 11,622 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I'm originally from Paris and it's been 4 years now that I live and work in Canada.
I'm working in a company based in both USA and Canada and I would like to move next year to the USA.

After I had a conversation with my manager, I can have an intra transferee to the company in the USA.

My problem is I'm waiting to have my permanent residency in Canada which I will get next year too but at the same time I really want to move to the USA.

Also, when I'll get my residency is it possible for me to apply in NAFTA program???


What are my possibilities???

PLEASE, I REALLY NEED YOU HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
 
Location: The Great Outdoors
442 posts, read 636,619 times
Reputation: 569
Might wanna have someone else fill out the application, I'm not sure they appreciate smileys and capital letters..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
 
10,744 posts, read 15,493,410 times
Reputation: 14462
Why are you asking how to transfer to the US looking when you already have your US location address in the US according to your other posts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: The Great Outdoors
442 posts, read 636,619 times
Reputation: 569
Yeah, first she asked how living in NC is because she's transferring to the US, then she asked how to get a work visa. Sup, gurl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Chicago area
1,103 posts, read 2,590,643 times
Reputation: 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by florelle View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm originally from Paris and it's been 4 years now that I live and work in Canada.
I'm working in a company based in both USA and Canada and I would like to move next year to the USA.

After I had a conversation with my manager, I can have an intra transferee to the company in the USA.

My problem is I'm waiting to have my permanent residency in Canada which I will get next year too but at the same time I really want to move to the USA.

Also, when I'll get my residency is it possible for me to apply in NAFTA program???


What are my possibilities???

PLEASE, I REALLY NEED YOU HELP
Your employer in the US would have to sponsor you for a green card. Read up on employment based green cards and you'll get more info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2013, 04:54 AM
 
Location: canada
13 posts, read 11,622 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Why are you asking how to transfer to the US looking when you already have your US location address in the US according to your other posts?
I'm worry just for the fact that I am the person who want to be transfer and I am scared that the employer in the US won't sponsor me even if my manager here in Canada will do it.
Also, I posted it twice because I thought I was in the wrong menu, sorry!!!

For NC, I have a preference for Raleigh because of the lifestyle its probably not the best place for certain people but for me it looks like it, that is why I want to move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 AM
 
Location: canada
13 posts, read 11,622 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
Your employer in the US would have to sponsor you for a green card. Read up on employment based green cards and you'll get more info.
Thank you for your quick response, I really appreciate it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top