Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:54 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
Actually it is not the poor or the race which will be a problem.

It's the culture of corruption which is the main problem in all Latin America.

Not that we do not have it here lately ( especially the last 5 years), but it is still not THAT extreme as there.
But it is getting to be worse. Detroit or South Florida and other liberal meccas in this country are the examples. The corruption there does not differ much from Latin America.
Corruption has nothing to do with the negative affect of importing millions of uneducated, poor and unskilled into our country. They would increase our welfare roles and be a fiscal burden to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 04:03 PM

808 posts, read 662,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Tons of job in this country? Who do you think you are kidding? There are 23 million Americans out of work.

Congress could easily decide to curb or stop immigration for a few years until our economy is better and until our unemployment rates go down.

I am not kidding anybody.

there are a lot of jobs in my sub-specialty and much more in a neighboring ones.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Corruption has nothing to do with the negative affect of importing millions of uneducated, poor and unskilled into our country. They would increase our welfare roles and be a fiscal burden to our country.
it has everything to do with it. Low level of education is not that detrimental as the comfort with corrupt politicians, because it is this way in the home country.

Most Asians coming here are uneducated as well but their kids usually are totally American and they adjust without a problem, contrary to Latin Americans, who often stay in uneducated class for generations, don't even learn English.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
it has everything to do with it. Low level of education is not that detrimental as the comfort with corrupt politicians, because it is this way in the home country.

Most Asians coming here are uneducated as well but their kids usually are totally American and they adjust without a problem, contrary to Latin Americans, who often stay in uneducated class for generations, don't even learn English.
They may come from a culture of corruption and that can be a problem but the real problem is their lack of education and skills. As I said, those types of immigrants are and will be a burden to our country. Assimilation is also a problem with some groups of "immigrants". They want to cling to their native country's ways, culture and language. Remain in denial if you wish. We need to be selective in whom we allow to migrate here.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I am not kidding anybody.

there are a lot of jobs in my sub-specialty and much more in a neighboring ones.
Then why is our unemployment rate so high and why are there 23 million Americans out of work? You may not want to hear this in this forum but a lot of the problem is millions of cheap, illegal workers that are holding American jobs.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,851 times
It is past time to stop it permanently.
We don't need any more people here.
We can breed our own.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Then why is our unemployment rate so high and why are there 23 million Americans out of work? You may not want to hear this in this forum but a lot of the problem is millions of cheap, illegal workers that are holding American jobs.
there is no unemployment rate in my specialty or at least it is so low I have never heard of it.

and there are no cheap illegal workers doing it.

But plenty of legal immigrants.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,685 times
Quote:
there is no unemployment rate in my specialty or at least it is so low I have never heard of it.

Not worth the effort. I have tried to explain the same thing here and in other threads.

They will just come back with "then train the unemployed Americans in your specialty", like the average unskilled worker with no college degree could just slip into your position and be productive.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:

Many of those unemployed Americans are blue-collared workers and they were displaced by cheap, illegal labor. What does your particular line of work have to do with that?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
It is past time to stop it permanently.
We don't need any more people here.
We can breed our own.
I am not in favor of stopping immigration permanently only curbing it temporarily until we stabilize our population growth, our economy and job situation improves. Certainly all this family chain migration needs to be curbed also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration