Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM

5 posts, read 5,132 times

Advertisements

Hi all,I'm a 21-year-old guy from a little city near Milan. I'm physically in Italy, but my heart has always been american. Me and my wife have always wanted to move to Denver or, at least, within 20miles away from it. Actually we're not interested in a particular county because the whole area is amazing!

We both know how hard it is to obtain a visa....let alone a green card, but we're ready to do whatever it takes to reach our goals. You may wondering why I'm writing here ....well, I know that immigrants are generally seen pretty badly, but we are searching for some advice about finding someone who can sponsor us....we have no idea about where to ask, go or even search!

Just some informations about me and her. I've the equivalent of your high-school degree in aeronautical construction with a final mark of 90/100 followed by 2 months of stage at Agusta Westland. The next year I'm going to obtain a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering in Switzerland together with an official TOEFL certificate ( I'm sorry in advance for my bad english...I'll study hard). My wife is working for a company as assistant, she has an high-school degree, but that's not recognized in america. She's going to take a certificate at MUD, an estimated make-up artist school of california, and a TOEFL certificate just like me.

I want to be realistic, I know that it's quite impossible moving there right after my degree. Anyway I already have a job as mechanical engineer waiting for me after school so I've the opportunity to made up a considerable budget before leaving.

Thank you for the time spent reading my thread, hoping someone can help us.

Ps: I'd like to know people from usa ust to start making new friends there....any suggestion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 10:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
This is the site you need to go to:

USCIS Home Page

As far as getting a sponsor is concerned you'll need to have sufficient and specialized working knowledge in your field to put you way ahead of any qualified US citizen. You can start by researching US companies in the field and watching their employment vacancies to see what's generally required. A good starting point for you when you graduate is to work for a corporation in Europe which has branches in the US to which you might eventually apply for a transfer. Hope that helps.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM

306 posts, read 451,468 times
Ciao, Shani.Sebastian! You can apply for graduate studies (and for an assistantship), and come here on a student visa, with your wife as a dependent. After you get a diploma from an American university, you will have the right to work in the States for year or two... Actually, I am not sure for how long nowadays, I did this almost 10 years ago. With an advanced degree from an American university and being already here and allowed to work, it will be much easier to find a company that would be willing to sponsor you for a green card. And you will make many friends, from America and from different parts of the world, through your colleagues, at the university. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration