Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 08:21 AM

44 posts, read 58,068 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am not complaining or angry, no but I wish I know it before. Here is my story!

I came to the US with a big dream, that is education. I came here in Sep 2011 and we were 3 me and my wife and my 6 years old daughter. Got the visa as F-1, my spouse and my daughter as F-2. Because of my nationality ( Yemen ) we got 1 year visa multi entry. And where I live ( Saudi Arabia ) I must keep my residency in Saudi Arabia. So, I must renew it every year and must be in the country. While I am renewing that our US visa is expired, so we renew it without any problems for ( 4 times ).

My wife gave a birth for 2 lovely girls in the US, so they are citizen 2012 and 2013. when we renewed our visa's nobody asked us if we have an American kids born there. But that's changed 3 months ago when I was at the US consulate for our renew appointment, she asked us if we have an american kids out answer was YES. So, she asked me who paid for their birth? I said I did for booth. So, she asked me this:

1- Do you have prove of payment from the Hospital ? I said yes, it is in my apartment in Michigan State.
2- Do you have an insurance for all of you ? I said yes we have an insurance for all of us. But the cards is not with me now.

So, she asked me to send these documents via email.

after 2 weeks they sent the passports by mail and no visa's or papers.

I sent them all the documents she asked for after a week and half as she stated by email.

Now, my university is starting next week, my daughter school the following week. I contacted the school district and they said no problem for the delay.

my university said if I couldn't come to classes before Sep 8th I am likely won't be able to study until the next semester.

My concern is I got the passports without visa and our application on the website is still Administrative Processing. Is that we have a chance to get the visa or not!

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 08:27 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
You probably need to talk to a lawyer. If USCIS can't answer your question and neither your University than you need a lawyer or just wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration