Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 02:00 PM

10 posts, read 9,273 times

Advertisements

dear all,
i read about E2 visa and i have some concerns about it so kindly i need your help regarding to the below Questions

1. I am planning to enter USA through my B1/B2 visa with my family so my Q Is, Can I get E2 visa inside USA and how long it takes to issued?
2. What it is better to get e2 visa from inside or outside US?
3. Is there a school child benefit under E2 visa for 6 yrs kids?
4. the initial period for Egyptian who's get e2 visa is 2 or 5 years?
5. What it is the best investment through your experience inside USA?
6. E2 holders have to pay taxes? If yes what it is the ratio? Are there any facilities for beginners?
7. Should I hire American employees? If yes when I have to hire them?
8. Can I get medical insurance card and SSN under E2 visa?
9. Can my spouse get free English tuition as Green card holders under e2 visa?
10. What it is the best estimate value for investment in USA?

many thanks for all with my all regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 10:25 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
If you are coming from India, that country does NOT have a treaty with the US for you to get an E-2:
Investor visa: EB-5 or E-2?
List of treaty countries (India NOT on list) Treaty Countries

So you will need an EB-5 visa, minimum investment is $500,000. per family (spouse and minor children only).

Old 12-19-2015, 11:08 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,608,562 times
If she was coming from India, why would she be asking about the situation for Egyptians?

oP, have you tried googling these questions? Most of them seem very straightforward. An E2 visa is not a green card holder, and I doubt anyone gets free english tuition, it's America, not the UK or Canada. Certainly anyone can buy health insurance, there is no entitlement to health care in the US. I suspect your kids would be eligible for public school. If you can't get a SSN you'll get an ITIN. SSN doesn't rely on a resident visa.

https://www.kpmg.com/US/en/IssuesAnd...n-citizens.pdf

Looks like processing times are oretty good right now - in California they're processing i-129s from August this year! Some forms take then several years.
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Remember that the words immigrant and resident mean different things, depending on who is using them. Always clarify, because you will be a non-immigrant, non-resident for some agencies, but others will consider you a resident, even though you're not (the IRS, for example). I had several very amusing conversations where an official was trying to trick me into claiming to be a resident somewhere when in fact I was not a resident anywhere in the world. There used to be an immigration form that asked if you were a resident, which you're not, but they wanted to know where you lived, which is different. Keep in mind who you're talking to, and when in doubt, be very very careful and use form numbers or words like "live".

Last edited by WildColonialGirl; 12-19-2015 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-21-2015, 03:32 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I don't think you can get an E2 visa for any country within the USA and you either have to travel back and apply through your consulate in your home country and all I have heard that for extensions some E2 visa holders went to other countries to get an extension.

You will need to show a business plan, rental agreement for a property or that you own a property where you conduct business as no online businesses are accepted as far as I know.

As an E2 visa holder you get a SSN with only work permit for your own business and spouse can work else where if applicable. Public schools are for free and "yes" you have to pay taxes otherwise it means your company doesn't make a profit and is considered a "hobby".

English can be learned by practicing in the real word or pay for a course like everyone else has to pay for things.

You have to hire American's to work for you as an E2 visa is not just to be able to provide for your own family so it is not like others are saying a path to stay here.

Usually you get an initial 2 years but many I know got a 5 year E2 visa but it depends on your home country as some countries are easier than other.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 PM

282 posts, read 444,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuii2010 View Post
dear all,
i read about E2 visa and i have some concerns about it so kindly i need your help regarding to the below Questions

1. I am planning to enter USA through my B1/B2 visa with my family so my Q Is, Can I get E2 visa inside USA and how long it takes to issued?
2. What it is better to get e2 visa from inside or outside US?
3. Is there a school child benefit under E2 visa for 6 yrs kids?
4. the initial period for Egyptian who's get e2 visa is 2 or 5 years?
5. What it is the best investment through your experience inside USA?
6. E2 holders have to pay taxes? If yes what it is the ratio? Are there any facilities for beginners?
7. Should I hire American employees? If yes when I have to hire them?
8. Can I get medical insurance card and SSN under E2 visa?
9. Can my spouse get free English tuition as Green card holders under e2 visa?
10. What it is the best estimate value for investment in USA?

many thanks for all with my all regards.
1. If you qualify, you may be able to change status to E2 within the U.S. You would not get a visa, but would get a change of status from USCIS. This means that the status is valid for the period granted (usually 2 years) as long as you stay in the U.S. If you leave, you have to apply for a visa at the U.S. consulate. That would be a full application process all over again.

2. It depends on a great many factors, such as your travel plans, the nature and amount of your investment, how strict the U.S. consul who handles Es in Cairo is these days, etc.

3. I'm not sure what you mean. A child on an E-2 can attend public schools in the U.S.

4. If you change status in the U.S., you get a 2-year status, but if you leave during those 2 years, you need to apply for a visa at the U.S. consulate, as noted in my response to question 1. If you apply for a visa, the visa will be valid for you to make an entry within 3 months (this is specifically for Egyptians--other nationalities have other visa validity periods). Once you use it, and are admitted to the U.S. under E-2 status, you would usually be admitted for 2 years.

5. The best investment is one that is successful, generates a stream of business, and results in building a staff within the U.S.

6. Yes, you must pay taxes. Not sure what you mean by ratio. Your tax rate varies depending on your income. I have no idea what you mean by facilities.

7. Hiring "U.S. workers" is best. The more you hire, and the sooner you hire them, the better. You need them to be on board and productive when you go to extend your status in two years.

8. You can get an SSN under E-2 status. You can buy health insurance in the general market.

9. Free tuition is a rarity in the U.S. If you for English as a Second Language classes, it depends on what is offered in your area. There is no formal nationwide policy--it's done by local governments or private organizations, and their requirements vary.

10. There is no specific amount of investment. The more the better. The amount needs to be appropriate for the industry. That being said, in most industries it's hard to get approval for less than six figures.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:59 PM

many thanks guys for this valuable information, it's highly appreciated.

best wished to all

Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Just want to add something to clarify: Your children will be eligible to attend public elementary and high schools in the U.S. for free, as long as you can show that you've established residency. When it comes time to attend university, they will not be eligible for any government financial aid programs to help pay for university. A few private universities do offer scholarships and limited financial aid to non-citizens. I mention this because as a retired school counselor, I have worked with a number of students whose parent had an E2 visa and the families were always shocked to learn that the "Free" education benefits stopped after high school. So, if you intend for your six year old to attend university in the U.S. some day, it is best to have a regular savings plan in place to pay for it.

In terms of "free" English classes for your wife, when you get settled, contact the local adult education center in the school district. Many offer English classes at very reasonable prices. Community colleges also sometimes offer English classes at reasonable prices too.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Just want to add something to clarify: Your children will be eligible to attend public elementary and high schools in the U.S. for free, as long as you can show that you've established residency. When it comes time to attend university, they will not be eligible for any government financial aid programs to help pay for university. A few private universities do offer scholarships and limited financial aid to non-citizens. I mention this because as a retired school counselor, I have worked with a number of students whose parent had an E2 visa and the families were always shocked to learn that the "Free" education benefits stopped after high school. So, if you intend for your six year old to attend university in the U.S. some day, it is best to have a regular savings plan in place to pay for it.

In terms of "free" English classes for your wife, when you get settled, contact the local adult education center in the school district. Many offer English classes at very reasonable prices. Community colleges also sometimes offer English classes at reasonable prices too.
if the child is getting good grades and has enough volunteering hours then in Florida E2 kids can qualify for a scholarship through Bright Futures.

Kids of E2 parents won't get a SSN so no work is allowed and not even becoming a RA in College which F1 students can become right away upon entering and getting free dorm for the entire time the student is a RA.

The entire E2 system has so many flows that it should be changed.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:57 PM

many thanks RosieSD and bentlebee for this valuable information, so from your point of view what it is the best way to stay inside USA legal and earn money ?? i was searching for a months and didn't found any way except E2.... so do u recommend to start the process or there is anther way of immigration??

a lot of worm greetings for all of you

Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuii2010 View Post
many thanks RosieSD and bentlebee for this valuable information, so from your point of view what it is the best way to stay inside USA legal and earn money ?? i was searching for a months and didn't found any way except E2.... so do u recommend to start the process or there is anther way of immigration??

a lot of worm greetings for all of you
Try to get a job on a H1B visa but that is not easy either. Enter the lottery works as well if you are lucky and I know a couple of people who won so it is for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration