Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,107 times

Advertisements

You should check first the companies are in Vietnam, and the permcheck website is not Department of Labor. You should check with Dept. of Labor. You always use the companies in US instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Nguyen View Post
We, the applicant, have to pay them $75k for one person or $90k for a whole family (Me, my husband and 4 little children).

Yes. MUY Pizza is Pizza Hut's Chain restaurant. Some people say MUY Pizza backwards is YUM brands.

This Vietnamese company say it is Green Card under EB3 Unskilled visa category. I don't know they can or can't find employees in the US? But you can look at Perm Labor Certification statistics link in my first post. The jobs are: COOK, PIZZA COOK, FOOD SERVICE WORKER, PREP COOK.

Yes. I agree it sounds like a scam. But right now, alot of people in Vietnam applied with this company. And they got alot of Perm Labor Certification from Pizza Hut. They share it on their FB page.

Here is also statistics of labor certification of Pizza Hut company:
https://permchecker.com/search/searc...%20PIZZA%20LLC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 07:52 AM

1,186 posts, read 965,640 times
This sounds like indentured servitude. What if you can't pay back the visa fees? Do they charge interest on the visa fees advance? Pizza hut wages are minimum at best, you'll probably be paying that back for years.

Also, the priority dates on EB2 filings are close to 10 years backdated for some categories, so 3 years to obtain a green card on EB3 sounds like wishful thinking at best.

Sounds like a risky venture, with risk of deportation and loss of future ability to immigrate if this company is a scam.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:18 PM

282 posts, read 444,184 times
The sheer amount of money asked says it's a scam. And the company, if caught, would be fined and debarred from using the program for making you, the employee, pay it.

Yes, there is a sub-category of EB-3 for "other worker" and it has 5,000 visas per year allocated to it. That's where the unskilled jobs are. Right now, the quota is not too badly backlogged, but that's because it's virtually impossible to get through the labor certification process for such a job.

Several years back, a lawyer and some others pulled the same scam, using a Chilis restaurant. The restaurant owners had no idea their name was on the applications, and helped with the sting to catch the scammers. This must be a different group, because those guys are still in prison.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 867 times
Hi Mai,

I have some information and am trying to reach you. How can I contact you? My email is michael.grabell (at) propublica.org. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration