U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 10:38 AM

10 posts, read 7,748 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I came to us on b1b2 visa nd got married to us citizen here, my husband filed a petition nd my interview is scheduled in few days for green card.
It would be great if anyone can guide me in regards to questions officers ask while interview.

Waiting for the reply

Thank u so much :-)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:18 PM

8,452 posts, read 13,992,939 times
You need lots of proof of a valid marriage like joint bank accounts, shared utility bills, income documents, shared health insurance, last 3 years of tax returns (very helpful to have yours from 2015 filed this year!) and passports. Bring it all, but they may not ask for it. Mostly casual questions. Somewhat depends on if you are from a high fraud country.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:06 PM

10 posts, read 7,748 times
Hello,

Thank u for the reply....I'm from India....we have all the mandatory docs....but jus concerned about questions....any idea wat all questions they will ask.

Appreciate ur response

Thank you :-)

Old 03-21-2016, 08:21 AM

7,697 posts, read 4,436,954 times
At my wife's interview . We sat down , the officer asked if we had kids together . We answered yes . Then that was it . Interview was over . Green card came shortly later . They did not ask any more questions .

Old 03-21-2016, 11:28 AM

41,614 posts, read 20,102,129 times
I can't remember our green card interview. abut it was really basic. My husband, three kids and I did them all on the same day. The longest part of the whole thing was the wait to get to the clerk. We were Canadians -- my husband came in on an L1 and the kids and I were L2. We waited longer than we needed to, to apply for the green card because my husband was travelling in and out of the country. Once we applied it didn't take long and I honestly don't remember the interview. I barely remember the citizenship interview and know it was just so simple and basic. No need to be nervous. By the time they get you to the interviews you are basically approved. They have done the dirty work and it is almost a rubber stamp.

Your in -- your good....don't worry.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:20 PM

20,403 posts, read 20,545,122 times
I married a non-US Citizen and we needed to apply for her greencard.

Basically, show as many joint account documents (bank, tax, credit card, health insurance, etc) as you can. Also show photos.

They basically had my wife's greencard application open and asked random questions from there, such as:

1/ what's your home phone number
2/ what company does your husband work for?
3/ what was your wedding day?
4/ what was your previous address?

These are facts that the greencard applicant should know, since they are in the application!
My wife was nervous and forgot her home phone number at the interview. The examiner asked her a few other questions and she passed.

Be sure to come prepared, that seems to impress the USCIS. We came prepared better than most attorney's do (my cousin is an immigration attorney, so we were coached properly) and our interview lasted 15 minutes. The examiner was satisfied, and stamped my wife's passport and congratulated her.

Be calm and confident and you should do well. The USCIS can "smell" a fraud case and if they do, that's when the really intrusive questions will start.

Her greencard came 8 months later.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:09 AM

15,603 posts, read 37,836,199 times
During our interview, the agent mentioned that I was born in Redwing, MN. I stated yes. He then said "I'm wearing Redwing socks"! I really didn't know what to say. He then cut me loose and asked to see the Mrs, who was actually applying for the green card. The agent asked her all about her family, and basically nothing about me. Took 20 minutes and we were out the door with her temp green card. We did have an arm load of documentation, pictures, even an affidavit from the lady friend that married us...but they didn't ask to see any of it!

Old 04-25-2016, 05:20 PM

20,403 posts, read 20,545,122 times
We also had a bunch of joint documents (utility bills, bank, credit cards, etc) and photos ready, but the USCIS didn't even bother to see them. He just asked questions from the greencard application, and that was it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration