Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:52 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,037 times

Advertisements

looks Trump's immigration stuff was just a bunch of rhetoric... he's now more interested in getting into twitter wars about silly nonsense like how his phone was tapped than solving some serious problems. He seems to have lost interest in the whole border wall, h1b and illegal enforcement thing now since he is no longer talking about it. Mark my words, he will weasel out of his promises.

India is fighting back:

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/Jr7...US-Nirmal.html

What I find funny is that India itself has a super restrictive labor policy, it's very difficult for foreigners to get a work visa in India yet the expectation is that the US should be a free for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 03:44 PM

7,449 posts, read 4,678,987 times
Our company started this year to phase out H1B visa workers. The President's message is getting heard.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
Our company started this year to phase out H1B visa workers. The President's message is getting heard.
Annecdotal evidence, we'll see the evidence in a few weeks. My prediction is that all 85,000 H1Bs will be granted, as in the previous few years, and the number of applicants will be 4 times that, and likely higher than last year.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:42 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,664,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
looks Trump's immigration stuff was just a bunch of rhetoric... he's now more interested in getting into twitter wars about silly nonsense like how his phone was tapped than solving some serious problems. He seems to have lost interest in the whole border wall, h1b and illegal enforcement thing now since he is no longer talking about it. Mark my words, he will weasel out of his promises.

India is fighting back:

India taking up H1B visa concerns vigorously with US: Nirmala Sitharaman - Livemint

What I find funny is that India itself has a super restrictive labor policy, it's very difficult for foreigners to get a work visa in India yet the expectation is that the US should be a free for all.
Makes me wonder how they got the idea that they are owed good American jobs and living standards! Thanks for the link as it demonstrates their attitude clearly.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:51 PM

20 posts, read 32,285 times
So much hate, I wish there is a civil war in America soon

Old 03-26-2017, 06:48 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,312,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner293 View Post
So much hate, I wish there is a civil war in America soon
You can certainly call it hate if you so choose, however, I beg to differ, it is simply a matter of frustration, and the American public just being dog tired of ALL the empty promises of the past.

If there is any hint of hatred here I would certainly question your wish for a "Civil War in America soon". Don't we have enough problems already?

You better get down on your knees and pray we never have a Civil War in America as the domino affect will be swift and very ugly!! I think it can be referred to as unintended consequences...

Old 03-26-2017, 07:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
There's always a civil war here but a low intensity civil war.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,037 times
the bottom line is that we need to have immigration laws that benefit the general population at large and not some fat cat business executives. Laws are created for the best interest of the people, unfortunately we seem to have forgotten that in this country.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Originally the H1b was meant for immigrants with special skill sets or harder to find such as surgeons, scientists, guys with PHDs that will bring special skills.

Now it's just used as cheap labor to replace American middle class jobs. How does that qualify for H1B's originally intentions?

You see many H1bs brought in to Disney and Toysrus just to run their websites and IT, those are not special skills. They are Indians that received training and are making less and management is happy they can save a few bucks there and pad their salaries.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,965 times
Donald Trump US Visa plans to scrutinise L1 visa holders at Indian IT firms | Workpermit.com

Besides H-1B visa, there is L-1 visa also which also results in bringing Foreign IT workers in India. There is no restriction in bringing number of foreign employees into USA on L-1 Visa. Yet there is little outrage on L-1 visa. All focus is on H-1B visa.

There is no restriction on H-1B visa in Universities, Research Institutes where Foreign citizens are conducting Research, Post Docs or Professors. That number is unrestricted, not counted in 85000 quota every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration