Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 04:09 AM

41 posts, read 23,199 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking the best way to search a job in US is take some holidays then search for ordinary jobs then I'm used to US culture look for a specific job.

It is the best way? I'm wondering DC, New York and California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 05:56 AM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
You can search but you cannot legally work unless you have the appropriate visa or US citizenship.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
You can search but you cannot legally work unless you have the appropriate visa or US citizenship.
But I only can get Visa with a job right? Or should I look a temporary visa?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:48 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo458 View Post
with employment based visas, the employer has to be the one to file the visa for you. again, you can't break the rules of being on tourist visa and then immediately starting work here once you find a job. you have to go back home and process everything with your embassy there. your current entry to the US is via tourist visa, NOT ANY OTHER WORK ELIGIBLE VISA, hence employers won't legally hire you unless they go the illegal route and you have to keep hiding yourself from authorities to not get deported for breaking the tourist visa rules

Old 09-23-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
travel.state.gov is an official US site in regards to visa and immigration. Why do you not explore visa options and requirements? Let us know when you have specific questions.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,859 times
Quote:
travel.state.gov is an official US site in regards to visa and immigration. Why do you not explore visa options and requirements? Let us know when you have specific questions.
the OP does not want to. he only wants to hear that he can get in the US on tourist visa, find a job, then stay here for as long as he has that job without regard to immigration rules/laws

Old 09-23-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
with employment based visas, the employer has to be the one to file the visa for you. again, you can't break the rules of being on tourist visa and then immediately starting work here once you find a job. you have to go back home and process everything with your embassy there. your current entry to the US is via tourist visa, NOT ANY OTHER WORK ELIGIBLE VISA, hence employers won't legally hire you unless they go the illegal route and you have to keep hiding yourself from authorities to not get deported for breaking the tourist visa rules
Thank you for advice. So the best way is going to US with a contract.

Quote:
Thank you! I'll read explore and learn how your system works. In Europe it's different

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
the OP does not want to. he only wants to hear that he can get in the US on tourist visa, find a job, then stay here for as long as he has that job without regard to immigration rules/laws
Are you talking serious?

Old 09-23-2016, 10:15 AM

Enzo - that is Italian, is it not?
Have you considered a year of Work & Travel which is an option for young people to explore Canada, Australia and New Zealand while working there? The US does not offer this.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Enzo - that is Italian, is it not?
Have you considered a year of Work & Travel which is an option for young people to explore Canada, Australia and New Zealand while working there? The US does not offer this.
Yes

I like those countries too. I never heard about that where can I find information?

Old 09-23-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Yes

I like those countries too. I never heard about that where can I find information?
Google "work & travel". Then start your homework. Remember US = vacation AUS/NZ = holiday. There are also specific forums out there.

Let us know when you have questions.

Are you qualified for an externship or an exchange semester in the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration