Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
Kele,

Right, but with respect to America's current immigration woes there are only two options. Either the American governing class decides to get serious about enforcing immigration law (something of which neither party has done), tighten up the standards of citizenship, and put a dent in the 30+ million illegal alien population through deportation and workplace enforcement or the American governing class decides to go on as it has with minimal enforcement and periodical amnesty. In either case the situation as it currently exists (where we have a shadow nation cooking our tacos and cleaning our hotels) will not be permitted to continue indefinitely for obvious reasons.

And since both political parties seem completely unwilling to actually enforce immigration law you can expect that in the near future the "two sides" will come together and agree to pass "compromise" legislation, which will have to amnesty the current illegal alien population. Probable GOP congressional losses in 2008 won't help either.

So amnesty is coming, as the saying goes, "All that's left is the crying."

The people who are genuinely patriotic (or nationalist if you prefer) that have resisted up till now the coming amnesty need to learn the lesson that their country is dead. The governing elites are making sure that America will no longer have a people but only a population (and a diverse one at that). As our population becomes increasingly more diverse and more fractionated it will become increasingly difficult (and eventually impossible) for the masses to organize in revolt against our corporate/legal/governmental masters. A kind of 21st century slavery if you will...but this time for everyone!

If the American people were serious about immigration enforcement then they would have nominated (through the party system) candidates who would seek to address our concerns.

But that didn't happen. Romney, Tancredo, Hunter, and Thompson lost. McCain won.

Kele, you may be serious about enforcing immigration law but the majority of the public isn't.

McCain is winning because he is the mainstream media darling, not due to his illegal immigration politics. People like Tancredo and Hunter couldn't get the funding because they couldn't get the coverage. You should realize by now that he who gets the backing of the mainstream media gets the dollars and therefore the nomination.

Those who end up in office rarely have the same agenda as those voted for them. I still believe that the American people will not tolerate amnesty, no matter who is elected president. They stopped it before and they will stop it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:48 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I still believe that the American people will not tolerate amnesty, no matter who is elected president. They stopped it before and they will stop it again.
Amen, Kele!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 PM

220 posts, read 381,579 times
Kele,

First of all, I just want to remind you that I'm on your side. I would like to see all immigration (illegal, legal, or otherwise) stopped now with no exceptions. I don't think it gets any more restrictionist then that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
McCain is winning because he is the mainstream media darling, not due to his illegal immigration politics. People like Tancredo and Hunter couldn't get the funding because they couldn't get the coverage. You should realize by now that he who gets the backing of the mainstream media gets the dollars and therefore the nomination.
Yes, the media is influential but it doesn't vote for us. Flesh and blood GOP primary voters in New Hampshire and Florida gave the nod to McCain and not Romney.

Quote:
I still believe that the American people will not tolerate amnesty, no matter who is elected president. They stopped it before and they will stop it again.
You'll find maintaining your faith to be more difficult when amnesty eventually passes.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Just by the cantor of your post, It would be fine by most of us. Your line of reasoning very much resembles that of most American citizens. You also hail from a nation which also accepts immigrants, and therefore aren't hippocrites. No disrespect to Native Americans, but your ancestors are the ones who founded this nation in the first place, so come on in.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Just by the cantor of your post, It would be fine by most of us. Your line of reasoning very much resembles that of most American citizens. You also hail from a nation which also accepts immigrants, and therefore aren't hippocrites. No disrespect to Native Americans, but your ancestors are the ones who founded this nation in the first place, so come on in.
Actually Native Americans "Found" this north American territory. The British "Founded" this nation.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:05 PM

220 posts, read 381,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Actually Native Americans "Found" this north American territory. The British "Founded" this nation.
No, let me show you who the first "Americans" were:

http://www.elmspuzzles.com/gallery/Hautman/wild-turkeys.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-25-2008, 07:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Funny: they don't look like Turks

Old 02-25-2008, 07:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
No, let me show you who the first "Americans" were:

http://www.elmspuzzles.com/gallery/Hautman/wild-turkeys.jpg (broken link)
Turkies???

Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny: they don't look like Turks
AB's doing his macmeal imitation...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 PM

447 posts, read 797,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc View Post
Guys, my wife and i are very close to obtaining work permits and will be settling in SoCal very soon.
I take great interest in the way you perceive immigrants to you country. I understand that there are strong feelings regarding immigrants who reside within the U.S without the correct legal standing. But honestly speaking, and we won't be offended in the slightest, how do you guys feel about people in our situation. After all, in some way we are taking jobs that could or should be dedicated to U.S. nationals, we are going to be buying property that should or could be purchased by U.S. nationals, we both drive so we will add to the traffic problem. I want negatives more than positives.
I would hate that eventually the friends that we make are nice to us but deep down thinking that we shouldn't be here.
I'm curious. Thanks.
legal and upstanding...........hmmmmmmmmmmmm....well anyone in these lines are welcome to me...doesnt matter what country you come from....
it's the illegal thing that bugs me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration