Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:37 AM

14,190 posts, read 14,543,530 times

Advertisements

I called my local gun shop/range. They would allow anyone over 18 with identification to use their range including renting a gun and buying ammo from them. I asked about a foreigner with a passport and they said fine. This is in SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 04:31 AM

469 posts, read 396,028 times
I'm not sure why there are so many comments about CA being a problem if she wants to go shooting. Plenty of gun ranges, and you can rent, shoot and buy ammo at any of them. There's even a 1/2 off Groupon special going in San Francisco right now! https://www.groupon.com/local/san-fr...shooting-range

Old 07-03-2017, 09:24 AM

608 posts, read 301,965 times
MA possession prohibited, with an exception of "under instruction." This would leave out most or all rentals, which probably don't exist in MA, anyway. It would NOT rule out personal instruction, most likely by a private individual. If one of her friends in MA is a gun nut, no problem.

I haven't been in CA in a long time, but I think that fifty years ago, possession by a non-citizen was illegal. Possibly things have changed for the better in CA.

Don't know, but hard to imagine that there is much of a problem with the law in GA.

The main thing in any state is either having a friend there who is willing to instruct, or finding a commercial enterprise that actually instructs, one on one. A person without knowledge of guns and their safe handling should not just rent a gun and start playing with it, regardless of what the law may seem to permit. I'm sure your friend would never do this, but I mention it to point out that the real issue is not so much the law, which may not interfere anyway, but rather finding competent instruction on fairly short notice.

Good luck!

Old 07-03-2017, 09:43 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,480,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
In California you do need to be 21 to purchase the ammunition. Tourist coming to shoot is a not ignored part of the business in ranges near the international airports. Most require a party of at least two before they will rent you a weapon to cut down on someone renting to commit suicide at their firing range.
Not funny

Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 AM

12,273 posts, read 7,978,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not funny
Not meant to be funny firing ranges that rent weapons often require a party of two, there are no cooling off periods. In theory a lone suicide candidate would not bring a friend along who might stop him. The suicide pact is a possibility but the industry thinks the risk of that is much lower

Old 07-03-2017, 06:27 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,902,516 times
People come to Las Vegas to from all over the world. https://machinegunexperience.com/?ut...medium=AdWords
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration