Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:05 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I want to point out that an International Drivers Permit (or License) is only valid if it is used with the original license from the other country. I had a friend who thought that all he needed was the International Driving Permit until a cop pulled him over and explained that it is not valid by itself.
Yes, 100% correct. You must have a valid license issued from your home country and have it with you. All the International license does is translate information from one language to another -- by itself it is not permission to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 10:20 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I never used an International drivers license as within 2 weeks of arrival in US we took the drivers test and got our license.
Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

Quote:
I have a stack of cards if you count all the drivers licenses we had to pay for. Prior to 9/11 our drivers license was valid for 7 years and after 9/11 we had to get every year a new card due to changes that were made due to these muslim extremist that killed over 3000 people and made millions of peoples life change and restricted due to their actions.
You are not the only one. Please send a complaint to the responsible party.

Quote:
I'm not sure if all insurances will accept International drivers licenses if people stay here more often. I have friends who travel in and out the country every few months and never had a green card and never had a visa other then the tourist visa that allows a three months stay in the US.

They renew their US drivers license every time they enter.
You are never sure of anything. ESTA/VWP is not a visa. Even the white knuckle colony aka Florida wants to see an I94 now. I am not sure about WA. It would be interesting to know what you do not know.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:12 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

You are not the only one. Please send a complaint to the responsible party.

You are never sure of anything. ESTA/VWP is not a visa. Even the white knuckle colony aka Florida wants to see an I94 now. I am not sure about WA. It would be interesting to know what you do not know.
I was just stating facts and not complaining. But i was accusing the parties that caused the entire world to change for their stupid believes.

3000 people died and probably more that indirectly died. For them I feel sorry and their family.

We did what we needed to do to stay here and we are glad we don't have to deal with that anymore.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:17 PM

Problem solved as they got their interview date which is prior to renewal of drivers license so no longer an issue. Either they get approved for green card or not.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:03 PM

Update...they were approved for a green card so all issues resolved!

Old 07-21-2018, 06:19 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
update...they were approved for a green card so all issues resolved!
10-4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration