Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 09:56 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Someone has to pay for processing and your friends nice paychecks/vacation days/pensions.

Their benefits aren't very good, actually. I've always found when I left public sector work (Fed and State) for private, that these things improved (not pensions, but the contributions of employers was better than the pension contributions). Holiday time and pay definitely drastically improved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 12:32 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If it was really "disproven" you wouldn't have 5000 people waiting in line? They know somethignthey don't.
No, they don't. They seem delusional. Making an asylum claim is not an easy, fast track way into the US. American immigration laws are not simple or easy.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:09 AM

21 posts, read 11,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
No, they don't. They seem delusional. Making an asylum claim is not an easy, fast track way into the US. American immigration laws are not simple or easy.

they already know it might take a month or two waiting at a detention center so they do it and a lot of them are given asylum, actually many of them are, it's not that hard because some will exaggerate the truth of how bad it is in their country while others really are telling the truth especially those from Central America, those countries- mainly Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras are very dangerous.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:55 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
The US basically follows the procedures, dictated by the Refugee Convention. In every country that does this, there are economic immigrants, as well as other others, who claim refugee status at the border on false pretenses. Some countries go to great lengths to determine the refugee status of individuals, for example Sweden and Denmark, but end up being unable to send them back to their country of residence, either because the country is war-torn or it won't accept them back. The result is that they linger in limbo. It appears that this is not as great a problem for the US for reasons unclear to me. (Maybe it's due to more "streamlined" administrative procedures)? It looks to me like the biggest problem for the US is the size of the border and, related to it, the sheer numbers of people claiming refugee status.

Contrary to popular thought of many people in the US, Trump does not have much impact on the procedures the US follows and the Congress does not have the will, or conscience, to pass an immigration law.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:33 AM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToUnderstand View Post
they already know it might take a month or two waiting at a detention center so they do it and a lot of them are given asylum, actually many of them are, it's not that hard because some will exaggerate the truth of how bad it is in their country while others really are telling the truth especially those from Central America, those countries- mainly Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras are very dangerous.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigra...tion-2017.aspx

Old 11-23-2018, 04:38 AM

804 posts, read 544,492 times
Well IDK why does the USA allows homosexuality to be normalized in children learning material? Instead of teaching "the evils of homosexuality" ( which is taught in some schools even in big cities ) they are eventually pushing the norm on students.

Why is it that a child could suffer from mental distress, poverty, without there father or mother for a person committing adultery? Why should have to told "they could sue the person who committed adultery with the parent?

That is just how the US rolls. Like buy my product but no work for you.....unless you enjoy voting away peoples rights. Like seriously an option on the ballot. "abolish social security".

Old 11-23-2018, 02:23 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
As an immigrant , I had no issues paying the fees. That has paid for someone's job and I don't think the American tax payer has to pick up the bill.

However, I have a problem with people entering illegally, skipping the lines and not paying fees.

Real asylum cases are exceptions but most of these people are trying to stay here for different reasons, like a better life, like we all want or tried to get. Nothing wrong with that, but come in legally.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:00 PM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
As an immigrant , I had no issues paying the fees. That has paid for someone's job and I don't think the American tax payer has to pick up the bill.

However, I have a problem with people entering illegally, skipping the lines and not paying fees.

Real asylum cases are exceptions but most of these people are trying to stay here for different reasons, like a better life, like we all want or tried to get. Nothing wrong with that, but come in legally.
After all these years - I agree with you.

Old 11-24-2018, 07:23 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
After all these years - I agree with you.
I'm glad we found grounds to agree.

It's the season to come together, so we should keep working on agreeing more

Old 11-26-2018, 08:15 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Well IDK why does the USA allows homosexuality to be normalized in children learning material? Instead of teaching "the evils of homosexuality" ( which is taught in some schools even in big cities ) they are eventually pushing the norm on students.

Why is it that a child could suffer from mental distress, poverty, without there father or mother for a person committing adultery? Why should have to told "they could sue the person who committed adultery with the parent?

That is just how the US rolls. Like buy my product but no work for you.....unless you enjoy voting away peoples rights. Like seriously an option on the ballot. "abolish social security".
What ballot did you see that on? Sounds to me like internet fabrication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration