Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 10:32 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,580 times

Advertisements

OP, you have my sympathy if you are one of the ones who went through the process legally. I know people who have dealt with the process for years so it must be infuriating to have done the right thing and now watch the nonsense playing out before you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 07:11 AM

31 posts, read 24,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
How is someone with no SSN who illegally crossed a border a citizen? This is about giving away what others paid for and have an investment in.. I invested about $8,000 and now it's given away along with benefits that sandbag the economy and rig the populace vote..
I didn't say having a SSN means a person is a citizen. Where you got that from is beyond me.

I am a natural born citizen and I don't receive welfare benefits. I don't quality for Medicaid, food stamps, or housing assistance. Yet I have no problem paying taxes to ensure that those who need it, have it.

As a first generation American, I will repeat what I said. You knew what you were getting into when you came here.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:30 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl1156 View Post
I didn't say having a SSN means a person is a citizen. Where you got that from is beyond me.

I am a natural born citizen and I don't receive welfare benefits. I don't quality for Medicaid, food stamps, or housing assistance. Yet I have no problem paying taxes to ensure that those who need it, have it.

As a first generation American, I will repeat what I said. You knew what you were getting into when you came here.
I'm a natural born citizen too, but I don't get your point. Are you saying he should have come illegally too? Are you saying he missed out on a chance to save his money?

Old 01-30-2019, 05:18 PM

834 posts, read 1,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl1156 View Post

One thing you got from my posts that is beyond me is where you see me complaining about citizens using welfare.. This is about people being shuttled in and put to work without even applying where others had/have to make an effort and pay money..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration