Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 06:01 PM

834 posts, read 1,016,606 times

Advertisements

As someone who spent thousands on legal immigration I'd like to propose a class action lawsuit on the U.S. Government for the hardships that came with earning that money, and then to have the government devalue our investment by basically giving away tax breaks, credit scores, green cards, and even fixed income to non-refugees..

I didn't exactly work at Goldman Sachs or Google when I went through the process and barely came out with a ten-year greencard.. I also had to have proof of income and do address changes with USCIS instantly... Nobody was shoving a free-living down my trousers when I did the process..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 AM

24,538 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Would you be so kind to post an official like showing where you were required to show proof of income? Thank you.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Would you be so kind to post an official like showing where you were required to show proof of income? Thank you.
Form I-864P

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Anyone who came in to the US legally not only had to pay filing fees that were close to a grand a piece, but had to prove income that came to at least $10,000.00 per household member and have signed letters from an employer.. Not to mention the cost of immigration lawyers.. You paid a lot of money for what the US Government is now giving away for free *with benefits and fixed income* to suppress the economy and rig the populace vote and tear down the living standards you came here for in the name of profit and power. The US Government owes you all money..

The $8,000.00 they owe me is worth going to court over..

Last edited by TJJT; 01-21-2019 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-21-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
Form I-864P

Anyone who came in to the US legally not only had to pay filing fees that were close to a grand a piece, but had to prove income that came to at least $10,000.00 per household member and have signed letters from an employer.. Not to mention the cost of immigration lawyers.. You paid a lot of money for what the US Government is now giving away for free *with benefits and fixed income* to suppress the economy and rig the populace vote and tear down the living standards you came here for in the name of profit and power. The US Government owes you all money..

For Pete's sake - this is for Affidavit of Support. I have no clue what you are talking about letter of employment, 10k/person proven income, ... . Nobody has to use an attorney given they can read and write and there are even ways to get a waiver for the fees.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:26 PM

31 posts, read 24,102 times
You came here knowing that our federal government offers a welfare system to its citizens. Not sure what else to tell you.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
For Pete's sake - this is for Affidavit of Support. I have no clue what you are talking about letter of employment, 10k/person proven income, ... . Nobody has to use an attorney given they can read and write and there are even ways to get a waiver for the fees.
Why use an attorney? All they do is fill in the blanks on a form with information the applicant gives them. If a law firm guarantees expedited service ask what that means. CIS does not give preferential treatment to anyone. So it’s a lie. CIS moves with glacial speed.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why use an attorney? All they do is fill in the blanks on a form with information the applicant gives them. If a law firm guarantees expedited service ask what that means. CIS does not give preferential treatment to anyone. So it’s a lie. CIS moves with glacial speed.
Because if you don't get approved for any reason you go prove your case in front of a immigration judge or immediately leave.. We know all the forms but for about a grand it was worth paying someone who knew the system.. You also don't just send those forms with the money order.. You send a large collection of proof of relationships and income.. For about a grand having someone pre-screen and compile and submit everything who knew what HLS and USCIS was going to look for was more intelligent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl1156 View Post
You came here knowing that our federal government offers a welfare system to its citizens. Not sure what else to tell you.
How is someone with no SSN who illegally crossed a border a citizen? This is about giving away what others paid for and have an investment in.. I invested about $8,000 and now it's given away along with benefits that sandbag the economy and rig the populace vote..

Last edited by TJJT; 01-26-2019 at 08:10 PM..

Old 01-27-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Because if you don't get approved for any reason you go prove your case in front of a immigration judge or immediately leave.. We know all the forms but for about a grand it was worth paying someone who knew the system.. You also don't just send those forms with the money order.. You send a large collection of proof of relationships and income.. For about a grand having someone pre-screen and compile and submit everything who knew what HLS and USCIS was going to look for was more intelligent..

How is someone with no SSN who illegally crossed a border a citizen? This is about giving away what others paid for and have an investment in.. I invested about $8,000 and now it's given away along with benefits that sandbag the economy and rig the populace vote..
It is a personal decision to use an immigration attorney. You have not yet answered my question about an official link for your statement of proof of income being required.

What did you invest 8k in?

Old 01-27-2019, 07:27 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
As someone who spent thousands on legal immigration I'd like to propose a class action lawsuit on the U.S. Government for the hardships that came with earning that money, and then to have the government devalue our investment by basically giving away tax breaks, credit scores, green cards, and even fixed income to non-refugees..

I didn't exactly work at Goldman Sachs or Google when I went through the process and barely came out with a ten-year greencard.. I also had to have proof of income and do address changes with USCIS instantly... Nobody was shoving a free-living down my trousers when I did the process..

I don't know how long you've been an American citizen and it may not be relevant but it seems to me that somehow you're not happy or content about your decisions.

Why? Are you resentful? Are you disappointed with the life you have made for yourself in America? It seems to me from reading some of your other posts here at city-data that you have been moderately successful in your life here in America.

Hardships? Really? Born and bred Americans have hardships earning money and I am sure they're not working at Goldman Sachs or Google either. Stop this pathetic whining and consider getting on your knees every night before you go to bed and thanking your higher power whoever that deity might be that you currently live in the United States of AMERICA as a citizen of the United States of AMERICA.

Have you served in the military of the United States of AMERICA? Have you been injured or disabled while serving? Lost family members in any wars while serving in the military of the United States of AMERICA? NO? Then give thanks for those AMERICANS that DID and made this country free for all people in this country of immigrants.

Is America perfect? No, it's not but it is still the country where ALL immigrants would prefer to live given the opportunity so don't squander that blessing and opportunity that you have been given through the sweat and blood of AMERICANS!

Old 01-28-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
It is a personal decision to use an immigration attorney. You have not yet answered my question about an official link for your statement of proof of income being required.

What did you invest 8k in?
Then you didn't read..

Quote:
Form I-864P

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration