Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,226 times

Advertisements

I have a B1/B2 VISA and I currently hold a 180 days permit that allows me to be in the USA until February 2014 (not working).

I’ve been living in New England for the last year (not working). I support myself with a business I own in Mexico and with some family business money (which is not enough but it lets me live in the NE area with no poverty whatsoever).

I’ve been dating a US citizen for 1 year and a half now and since I’m 27 and my life clock is ticking, I was thinking of proposing early next year to get married mid/late 2014 (I do care for her). My visa expires on 11/2021 and I’ve been renewing my permit for the last year so is not the I-Want-Papers-To-Stay kind of thing.

One of the questions is; If I come from a B1/B2 visa, should I leave the country and apply? If I’m married should I stay in the US and apply?

I come to Mexico every 3 months (right now I’m here for Mexican holidays) cause I can always find cheap round trip tickets (250-280$). And, basically I would like to get a green card cause eventually I wanna open a Mexican restaurant (I know there is a VISA for that, but I just don’t think I will be able to save what I’m supposed to save $500k-$750k ?? for E2 VISA I guess?) in the next years without going crazy for not working (I’m done with my day usually by 12pm and I have to sit around and do nothing until I go to bed and by 12pm, I mean done by working through e-mail and skype and going to the gym for 1 and a half hour), so yeah I will go crazy if I keep doing this for many years, I need something to stay busy for at least 8 hours and with a green card I plan on opening a restaurant as soon as possible so, technically, I won’t be stealing any US jobs, if anything, I would be creating.

So with my story being told, being from Mexico, getting married to a US citizen (by birth), having a B1/B2 visa, having a permit every time I go further the place I’m supposed I can be without a permit, should I be eligible to have a GC within the first year or less? Cause I don’t wanna wait many years until I come with the $500k-$750k savings I’m supposed to have for the E2 VISA I think it is?, and literally, I will go crazy if I don’t start doing something and I really don’t see myself living in Mexico. I don't wanna discuss this with family or lawyer cause I'm afraid GF will find out and is supposed to be a surprise .

Oh, btw, they don't know I'm living in the US. I do always have my permit, I do always get my permit, (they only ask me why I'm going and where I'm stayin at, I use real data) and I never fail to get a permit, and since there is no scanning when I'm exiting the USA, I don't really think they know I'm up there living, I don't know if I should say even tho I'm not working (I'm afraid I will have problems) or I should just stay quite and simply apply like nothing ever happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,434,581 times
It's nice that you "care for" the GF but rather off kilter that you don't want to discuss your immigration plans with family or a lawyer because you're afraid "GF will find out and is supposed to be a surprise". The bigger surprise will come about if the immigration authorities start looking at your situation a little more closely and decide you're trying to pull a fast one.

Maybe you should go to the first sticky on this forum, click onto the USCIS link and read carefully ...

Old 09-11-2013, 10:31 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,827,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxmex View Post
I have a B1/B2 VISA and I currently hold a 180 days permit that allows me to be in the USA until February 2014 (not working).

I’ve been living in New England for the last year (not working). I support myself with a business I own in Mexico and with some family business money (which is not enough but it lets me live in the NE area with no poverty whatsoever).

I’ve been dating a US citizen for 1 year and a half now and since I’m 27 and my life clock is ticking, I was thinking of proposing early next year to get married mid/late 2014 (I do care for her). My visa expires on 11/2021 and I’ve been renewing my permit for the last year so is not the I-Want-Papers-To-Stay kind of thing.

One of the questions is; If I come from a B1/B2 visa, should I leave the country and apply? If I’m married should I stay in the US and apply?

I come to Mexico every 3 months (right now I’m here for Mexican holidays) cause I can always find cheap round trip tickets (250-280$). And, basically I would like to get a green card cause eventually I wanna open a Mexican restaurant (I know there is a VISA for that, but I just don’t think I will be able to save what I’m supposed to save $500k-$750k ?? for E2 VISA I guess?) in the next years without going crazy for not working (I’m done with my day usually by 12pm and I have to sit around and do nothing until I go to bed and by 12pm, I mean done by working through e-mail and skype and going to the gym for 1 and a half hour), so yeah I will go crazy if I keep doing this for many years, I need something to stay busy for at least 8 hours and with a green card I plan on opening a restaurant as soon as possible so, technically, I won’t be stealing any US jobs, if anything, I would be creating.

So with my story being told, being from Mexico, getting married to a US citizen (by birth), having a B1/B2 visa, having a permit every time I go further the place I’m supposed I can be without a permit, should I be eligible to have a GC within the first year or less? Cause I don’t wanna wait many years until I come with the $500k-$750k savings I’m supposed to have for the E2 VISA I think it is?, and literally, I will go crazy if I don’t start doing something and I really don’t see myself living in Mexico. I don't wanna discuss this with family or lawyer cause I'm afraid GF will find out and is supposed to be a surprise .

Oh, btw, they don't know I'm living in the US. I do always have my permit, I do always get my permit, (they only ask me why I'm going and where I'm stayin at, I use real data) and I never fail to get a permit, and since there is no scanning when I'm exiting the USA, I don't really think they know I'm up there living, I don't know if I should say even tho I'm not working (I'm afraid I will have problems) or I should just stay quite and simply apply like nothing ever happened.
I would think that filing for a fiance(e) visa (I-129F) at the appropriate time (and circumstances, where you are actually engaged) would not interrupt much of anything, but it might be good to consult with an immigration attorney. Do not phrase it as intent to marry under your B1/B2 when re-entering the U.S. from your trips back. With the resources you have, you can avoid the pitfalls that could delay gaining residency. Good luck!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM

983 posts, read 1,625,955 times
Finace visa first, then GC. Consult an immigration attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration