Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 PM

383 posts, read 1,589,797 times

Advertisements

Hey, I would like to ask someone who might know that. I'm currently 16 and wanna study in the USA after I graduate gymnasium... I saw tuition fees, which are ok for US students, but really not ok for International students. Please how difficult might be to get an american citizenship? Do you think that US is a good way for higher education??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 04:45 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,242 times
Sorry to be the bear of bad news but most of the people on here are only here to talk about illegal immigration.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
I suggest you google "USCIS" (US Citizenship and Immigration Service) who has a website, for the full particulars, if you wish to enter the US legally.
WE don't really push this, though, and it is a lot faster to just come here illegally. Once here, you will find many groups lobbying to help you which aren't available to the legal immigrant. In addition, you can be assured you are virtually IMMUNE from any legal consequences. EVERYONE has a right to come to America, because NOBODY really 'owns' the place....we're ALL immigrants, just like you, and we just stole the whole place, anyway....so no worries.

(At least, that's the way it's been explained to ME...)

Old 04-13-2008, 05:24 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I suggest you google "USCIS" (US Citizenship and Immigration Service) who has a website, for the full particulars, if you wish to enter the US legally.
WE don't really push this, though, and it is a lot faster to just come here illegally. Once here, you will find many groups lobbying to help you which aren't available to the legal immigrant. In addition, you can be assured you are virtually IMMUNE from any legal consequences. EVERYONE has a right to come to America, because NOBODY really 'owns' the place....we're ALL immigrants, just like you, and we just stole the whole place, anyway....so no worries.

LOL!!!!!!!! Funny guy.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:

Quite accurate! Why would anyone bother to come here legally, when they can simply walk through our porous borders and take advantage of all the goodies?

Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJay View Post
Hey, I would like to ask someone who might know that. I'm currently 16 and wanna study in the USA after I graduate gymnasium... I saw tuition fees, which are ok for US students, but really not ok for International students. Please how difficult might be to get an american citizenship? Do you think that US is a good way for higher education??
Not difficult enough!

Old 04-13-2008, 05:43 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:

Please...no encouragement.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Quite accurate! Why would anyone bother to come here legally, when they can simply walk through our porous borders and take advantage of all the goodies?
The only thing I FORGOT to tell MJay, the OP, is that his nation of origin MIGHT be a problem. It's well known that the Border Patrol often catches a FEW illegals at "Czech Points"....

Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJay View Post
Well contrary to popular opinion, the USA takes in more legal immigrants than any other country in the world.

Yes it's very possible to be a legal immigrant. It might require some waiting because there are so many who wish to come --- and of course because we have a problem with so many coming in who insist they do not have to respect our laws -- and their numbers and outrageous demands make it tougher for those who actually do respect our laws and wish to come legally.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

You know I have worked all of my adult life and I would still like to know what the goodies are If you have worked hard your whole life and played by the rules, never took advantage of milking the system, I sometimes think the ones that go on the dole maybe were smarter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration