Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 09:19 PM

4,026 posts, read 4,411,878 times

Advertisements

Amidst Global Crises, US should honor its commitment to Diversity:

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/a...s-should-honor

"The top visa lotto winners for 2021 were granted to Egypt (6,002), Iran (6,001), Russia (6,001), Algeria (6,001), Sudan (6,001), Ukraine (5,604), Uzbekistan (5,319), Democratic Republic of Congo (4,503), Morocco (4,458), Albania (3,962), Ethiopia (3,957), Nepal (3,801), Cameroon (3,686), Ghana (3,284), and Turkey (2,874). Around 13 million people applied for the lottery in 2020 but most were rejected, with about 50,000 admitted annually on the lottery. Those admitted are generally better vetted than other immigrants and more likely to have educational credentials."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 11:51 PM

1,664 posts, read 864,063 times
Actually we should kill the entire diversity lottery off. It was a terrible idea when it was started, and it's even worse now. It's riddled with fraud, has and will again import terrorists, and as a group diversity immigrants are the least likely to become productive citizens. https://cis.org/North/What-We-Can-Le...Friend-Program

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...ional-security

As long as there are humans on this planet there are going to be "global crises" some of which have been around longer than the United States. We can't fix the rest of the worlds problems, nor should we try. Immigration policy should benefit the country, and shouldn't import those who will be a burden, or possibly a whole lot worse.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:21 PM

Ironically the MAGA Right is so against the diversity lotto but the White share is actually higher than for overall immigration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divers...isa#Statistics

Old 07-20-2021, 12:24 PM

3,915,557 from Europe applied for the diversity lotto this year but only 1.15% were accepted.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plandemic View Post
I agree. And I swear I am not political or racist. But as someone that has lived around the world, I think it is not fair that African or Asian nations do not offer diversity visas to whites. I just think that "equality" should include white people too, or no one at all.
That is true but ironically the diversity visa has a larger White share than overall immigration.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:50 PM

49,975 posts, read 63,287,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Ironically the MAGA Right is so against the diversity lotto but the White share is actually higher than for overall immigration.

The MAGA Right is not against the lottery for reasons of skin color. They are for immigration for those who want to become Americans and contribute to society, without regard to ethnicity or country of origin. The Unites States should be as hard core as other countries are. We aren’t a charity for every poor soul who was born somewhere else. It’s about what they can do to improve and contribute.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:18 PM

23,908 posts, read 10,269,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
That is true but ironically the diversity visa has a larger White share than overall immigration.
Well, is there a thread without the race card?
Diversity Lottery is based on country of passport and education. High school or equivalent. Real nu,bets are on uscis.gov. What it does not show are the numbers of winners and those who do not move forward or do not last. Winner means - petition for Green Card not Green Card.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,104,942 times
Why shouldn't the US tailor its immigration policy to meet the country's needs, and select immigrants based on merit?

I am white, but I couldn't care less if a white person is allowed into the US or not. I would certainly prefer someone from Nigeria or Vietnam with a Ph.D. over someone from Finland who is a high school dropout.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:24 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,526,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Why shouldn't the US tailor its immigration policy to meet the country's needs, and select immigrants based on merit?

I am white, but I couldn't care less if a white person is allowed into the US or not. I would certainly prefer someone from Nigeria or Vietnam with a Ph.D. over someone from Finland who is a high school dropout.
My only concern is if high school diploma’s and degrees are authentic as in many countries these are easily to obtain but then as falsified papers.

I know 4 people who won and brought their family over here. One won while already here for years. All of them became proud Americans and contribute to society. 2 of them came here with nothing and the other 2 came here/were here and had money.

How many who win are not proceeding or are denied is something I don’t think has ever been disclosed.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:59 AM

23,908 posts, read 10,269,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
My only concern is if high school diploma’s and degrees are authentic as in many countries these are easily to obtain but then as falsified papers.

I know 4 people who won and brought their family over here. One won while already here for years. All of them became proud Americans and contribute to society. 2 of them came here with nothing and the other 2 came here/were here and had money.

How many who win are not proceeding or are denied is something I don’t think has ever been disclosed.
Simple math:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration