U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM

2,667 posts, read 2,453,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
For some of us the pros in the US outweigh the cons in Germany.
Which is perfectly fair enough

Individual preference.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,458,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oft-repeated, but I've never heard anyone explain the reasoning. Is there an assumption that European immigrants somehow have it harder? Because that's not my experience, and I happen to be one. The 1965 law removed the previous quota-based system - immigration is now based on skills and family relationships. And there just aren't that many Europeans with robust skillsets chomping at the bit to emigrate as there are, say, Indians.
No there are still per country/category quotas.
The fact that there aren't that many Europeans out there chomping at the bit doesn't mean a thing-it's about the fact that for some of the work based immigrant visas the wait is as long for those from Europe as for Mexico and The Philippines and also that UK born cannot apply for the Green card lottery.
The way the system works means that many many more Indians, Chinese and Mexicans than Europeans are given Green cards each year than Europeans, but if you're from Europe and do want to come and work then often you will wait as long as someone from one of those countries I mentioned.
The visa programme is supposed to encourage diversity, but I think it's gone a little too far the other way and is no longer doing that.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM

15,856 posts, read 17,094,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
The fact that there aren't that many Europeans out there chomping at the bit doesn't mean a thing-it's about the fact that for some of the work based immigrant visas the wait is as long for those from Europe as for Mexico and The Philippines and also that UK born cannot apply for the Green card lottery.
The way the system works means that many many more Indians, Chinese and Mexicans than Europeans are given Green cards each year than Europeans, but if you're from Europe and do want to come and work then often you will wait as long as someone from one of those countries I mentioned.
The visa programme is supposed to encourage diversity, but I think it's gone a little too far the other way and is no longer doing that.
I agree.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,389,262 times
People from India, China, Mexico have to wait much much longer as compared to people from Europe. You can have a look at this table which is from Visa bulletin of May 2012. You are saying that if you are from europe, you have to wait as long as people from these countries??? but the reality is different.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bul...etin_5692.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post

Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 PM

5 posts, read 3,471 times
I came from England to USA. I migrated for economic reasons. Europeans are very poor. You cannot have a traditional life of marrying a wife and have 3 or 4 kids unless you are from high sociol class family which is less than 5 percent of the country. That is the reason European birth rate is declining. Some of the unfortunate Europeans who cannot migrate to states kept writing all kinds of bull**** here to self console themselves. They speak of free healthcare and free education as if it is true. People pay national insurance contribution which is 5 to 10 percent of their salary depending on your income bracket. This is not part of tax. Divorce rate is skyrocketting because after living in a lie at some point the truth will come out. Couples live in 500 square foot for years without intention of having babies. They spend half their income paying rent. If you wanna live like a ******* without intention of having family then Europe is the place.
. In fact after coming to USA I have bought 2 apartments in England and I rented it out to some unfortunate European couple and the government is paying rent into my account and I use the money to pay my mortgage here is states with a 2000 square foot and a garage and a backyard where I play soccer with my family everyevening. Anytime someone from Europe tells you about Europe been nice and those bull**** just know he or she is consoling themselves for all their suffering.
Americans should be very careful about trying to fall into twisted stories from these unfortunate Europeans. More than half of the jobs in Europe are created by American companies followed by Germany and Japan . If you are an American then you are blessed. I know their twisted Americans and depressed once who will like to go and live in Europe.do not allow those few to deceive you. You have natural gas, cooperate companies, good manufacturing base and service industry, different states with different cultures, good healthcare system in which you choose your provider instead of govt charging you 10 percent as national insurance. Therefore if you earning 100000 then you must pay 10000 as health insurance contribution. You can get cobra for 400 dollars a month and there are other cheaper insurance companies. If you are ill and not working you can get a social worker to help enroll you in medicaid in which government will start to take care of your healthcare. The only problem is that a lot of Americans do not utilize or abuse social amenities like those in Europe and therefore do not know what is available to them. All the rich 5 percent Europeans have private insurance. The rich 5 percent Europeans live like the 50 percent middle class Americans. They live in the suburbs with gated buildings and hunt in the fall. The 95 percent Europeans live like the low income 20 percent Americans. They spend half their income in rent, cannot afford more than 1 car. Depend on social amenities for health and schooling. Go to public schools and use transport as a way of communication. Public transport exposés you to communicable diseases, freezing in snow time, waiting for buses in rain, people parked up like sardine during rush hour, pickpockets and wallet stealing by low lives in the buses and train and sometimes personal assault and injury by an unknown angry scumbag. I went through all those in Europe. Please we are not here to praise poverty. We want to eradicate it. Every European should move to states for a good organized life

Old 06-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Status: " All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well" (set 11 days ago)

6,820 posts, read 6,538,843 times
I smell an American rightwinger.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:23 AM

2,667 posts, read 2,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
I came from England to USA. I migrated for economic reasons. Europeans are very poor. You cannot have a traditional life of marrying a wife and have 3 or 4 kids unless you are from high sociol class family which is less than 5 percent of the country. That is the reason European birth rate is declining. Some of the unfortunate Europeans who cannot migrate to states kept writing all kinds of bull**** here to self console themselves. They speak of free healthcare and free education as if it is true. People pay national insurance contribution which is 5 to 10 percent of their salary depending on your income bracket. This is not part of tax. Divorce rate is skyrocketting because after living in a lie at some point the truth will come out. Couples live in 500 square foot for years without intention of having babies. They spend half their income paying rent. If you wanna live like a ******* without intention of having family then Europe is the place.
. In fact after coming to USA I have bought 2 apartments in England and I rented it out to some unfortunate European couple and the government is paying rent into my account and I use the money to pay my mortgage here is states with a 2000 square foot and a garage and a backyard where I play soccer with my family everyevening. Anytime someone from Europe tells you about Europe been nice and those bull**** just know he or she is consoling themselves for all their suffering.
Americans should be very careful about trying to fall into twisted stories from these unfortunate Europeans. More than half of the jobs in Europe are created by American companies followed by Germany and Japan . If you are an American then you are blessed. I know their twisted Americans and depressed once who will like to go and live in Europe.do not allow those few to deceive you. You have natural gas, cooperate companies, good manufacturing base and service industry, different states with different cultures, good healthcare system in which you choose your provider instead of govt charging you 10 percent as national insurance. Therefore if you earning 100000 then you must pay 10000 as health insurance contribution. You can get cobra for 400 dollars a month and there are other cheaper insurance companies. If you are ill and not working you can get a social worker to help enroll you in medicaid in which government will start to take care of your healthcare. The only problem is that a lot of Americans do not utilize or abuse social amenities like those in Europe and therefore do not know what is available to them. All the rich 5 percent Europeans have private insurance. The rich 5 percent Europeans live like the 50 percent middle class Americans. They live in the suburbs with gated buildings and hunt in the fall. The 95 percent Europeans live like the low income 20 percent Americans. They spend half their income in rent, cannot afford more than 1 car. Depend on social amenities for health and schooling. Go to public schools and use transport as a way of communication. Public transport exposés you to communicable diseases, freezing in snow time, waiting for buses in rain, people parked up like sardine during rush hour, pickpockets and wallet stealing by low lives in the buses and train and sometimes personal assault and injury by an unknown angry scumbag. I went through all those in Europe. Please we are not here to praise poverty. We want to eradicate it. Every EuropeanP should move to states for a good organized life
If you're from the UK then I'm Santa Claus.

Troll better next time.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,793,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
Why aren't Europeans, esp. Western Europeans immigrating to the US anymore?
Living standards are better in most parts of Europe. I have American associates that married European women in decades past that were eager to go to America 20 years ago that absolutely refuse to go today. The times, they are a-changing.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:05 AM

1,736 posts, read 862,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
I came from England to USA...
What is with all the people whos never been outside America thinking they can make a new account and pretend to be from Europe? Its not the first time I've seen this, the world forum gets a few every month.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 AM

546 posts, read 601,110 times
The only reason why EEC members don't immigrate to the US is papers. The US still has the same immigration laws existing when it was the only superpower in the world. The US still treats everybody as starvelings trying to sneak into their country.

If any EEC member could travel, invest and have their studies recognized in the US as if it was another EEC country, millions would go there.....but you would get a lot of crap also... You would have to set limits to avoid the massive entrance of Eastern Europeans, Gypsies, Muslims, etc.

Don't forget that birthrates here are the lowest in the world. We do not have Catholic Mexicans in the South, people that just want to work, make money, eat tacos and become middle class in the long run. No, we have people that want Europe to become an Islamic Republic, and they have the right numbers and the right fertility rate.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-01-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration