Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
I came from England to USA. I migrated for economic reasons. Europeans are very poor. You cannot have a traditional life of marrying a wife and have 3 or 4 kids unless you are from high sociol class family which is less than 5 percent of the country. That is the reason European birth rate is declining. Some of the unfortunate Europeans who cannot migrate to states kept writing all kinds of bull**** here to self console themselves. They speak of free healthcare and free education as if it is true. People pay national insurance contribution which is 5 to 10 percent of their salary depending on your income bracket. This is not part of tax. Divorce rate is skyrocketting because after living in a lie at some point the truth will come out. Couples live in 500 square foot for years without intention of having babies. They spend half their income paying rent. If you wanna live like a ******* without intention of having family then Europe is the place.
. In fact after coming to USA I have bought 2 apartments in England and I rented it out to some unfortunate European couple and the government is paying rent into my account and I use the money to pay my mortgage here is states with a 2000 square foot and a garage and a backyard where I play soccer with my family everyevening. Anytime someone from Europe tells you about Europe been nice and those bull**** just know he or she is consoling themselves for all their suffering.
Americans should be very careful about trying to fall into twisted stories from these unfortunate Europeans. More than half of the jobs in Europe are created by American companies followed by Germany and Japan . If you are an American then you are blessed. I know their twisted Americans and depressed once who will like to go and live in Europe.do not allow those few to deceive you. You have natural gas, cooperate companies, good manufacturing base and service industry, different states with different cultures, good healthcare system in which you choose your provider instead of govt charging you 10 percent as national insurance. Therefore if you earning 100000 then you must pay 10000 as health insurance contribution. You can get cobra for 400 dollars a month and there are other cheaper insurance companies. If you are ill and not working you can get a social worker to help enroll you in medicaid in which government will start to take care of your healthcare. The only problem is that a lot of Americans do not utilize or abuse social amenities like those in Europe and therefore do not know what is available to them. All the rich 5 percent Europeans have private insurance. The rich 5 percent Europeans live like the 50 percent middle class Americans. They live in the suburbs with gated buildings and hunt in the fall. The 95 percent Europeans live like the low income 20 percent Americans. They spend half their income in rent, cannot afford more than 1 car. Depend on social amenities for health and schooling. Go to public schools and use transport as a way of communication. Public transport exposés you to communicable diseases, freezing in snow time, waiting for buses in rain, people parked up like sardine during rush hour, pickpockets and wallet stealing by low lives in the buses and train and sometimes personal assault and injury by an unknown angry scumbag. I went through all those in Europe. Please we are not here to praise poverty. We want to eradicate it. Every European should move to states for a good organized life
Very amusing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 AM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I smell an American rightwinger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
If you're from the UK then I'm Santa Claus.

Troll better next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
What is with all the people whos never been outside America thinking they can make a new account and pretend to be from Europe? Its not the first time I've seen this, the world forum gets a few every month.
It's always good fun - apparently every member of my family back in Denmark live the lifestyle of the top 5%. I will have to write and so inform them.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's always good fun - apparently every member of my family back in Denmark live the lifestyle of the top 5%. I will have to write and so inform them.
Same with my family & friends back in the UK. I'm about to email them the link to that post for a good laugh.

Not a day goes by when I don't feel lucky to be far away from the communist oppression of Britain and its evil universal healthcare. I'm sure Denmark is equally as communist? (j/k)

Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
The only reason why EEC members don't immigrate to the US is papers. The US still has the same immigration laws existing when it was the only superpower in the world. The US still treats everybody as starvelings trying to sneak into their country.
Immigration eligibility is tough in most countries and the EEC countries are equally as reliant upon wads of paperwork and eligibility requirements as the US in that regard.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:34 AM

497 posts, read 1,430,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Immigration eligibility is tough in most countries and the EEC countries are equally as reliant upon wads of paperwork and eligibility requirements as the US in that regard.

Because of "reciprocity". If you treat my people like dirt, I'll treat your people like dirt.

If there was a US-UE immigration treaty, things would be different.

I'm in favour of allowing people from the first world into the UE and viceversa.

The main problem are politicians with their nonsensical agendas.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 AM

5 posts, read 7,751 times
My friend in uk is angry even though he is a software engineer who has a job with the govt working for the security engineering dept. he is paid 45000 pounds and his tax is 30 percent, his ni contribution is 11percent of his gross for the free healthcare, his compulsory pension contribution is 9 percent and his other contribution he cannot explain is 5 percent which lives him with 45percent of his salary which comes to 20500 pounds. He pays 1000 pounds in rent in a 1 bedroom apartment. Which comes to 12000 a yr. he bought home insurance for 40 pounds a month and found out he has to pay council tax of 150 pounds a month. He also pays tv tax for having tv in his home which is 10 pounds a month. They use the tv tax to pay bbc workers and the bbc CEO is the highest paid worker in uk and his father is one of the dukes. They pay him a million pounds a year.All that came to 2000 a yr. he bought a small car to move around and go to work in case there is a strike by train workers so he can make it to work. He pays 200 pounds a month on the car and insurance of 50 pounds a month which is 3000 a yr. The mistake he made was he does not know people in uk do not drive new cars. He commutes true train most of the time to London as he lives in zone 4 and work in zone 1 he has to pay 160 pounds every month for travel pass. This comes to 1920 a yr or approx 2000 pounds. Now this guy has to pay for his cell phone which is 1000 talking minutes a month. He usually calls states because his parents live in California but are uk citizens. He went to school in Cambridge and this was one of the best job you can get and he chose it after graduation. He spends 50 pounds a month on mobile phone which comes to 600 pounds a yr and he occasionally had to talk more than 1000 minutes a month. Just on expenses he spends 19920 pounds on basic needs which lives him with just 1-2 thousand pounds left from his yearly salary. From there he has to feed which usually cost him 5 to 10 pounds a day or 2000 to 3000 a yr because he buys food at lunch time. He pays his electricity, water and Internet which comes to an average of 35 pounds a month for water, 60 pounds a month for gas and electricity, and 20 pounds a month for Internet and broadband or 1400 a yr. Even though this guy has one of the hottest job in uk like I used to have when I came out of Oxford he was always broke. And like always penalized for overdraft and do not get tax return at the end of the yr. because you have a car and do not drive much sometimes you forget the rules and every now and then your car is towed for parking in the wrong spot. They expect you to pay 500 pounds to rescue your car. This guy was in debt of 30000 pounds after graduation and because he got a job of more than 20000 pounds a yr he has to pay back his school loan. Well after 2 yrs his dept increased from 30000 pounds a yr to 50000 pounds a yr. now he is looking for a job in states,Canada or Australia so he can be like me who is dept free. I work for a software company in Indiana for 120000 dollars a yr and my wife is a bank manager with chase bank and we have 3 kids.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Well that was quite a mouthful. I was amused by the, "this guy has one of the hottest job in uk like I used to have when I came out of Oxford ..." If you're implying that you graduated from Oxford University I must confess that given your total mangling of the English language I find this quite impossible to believe.

The whole story is ridiculous and, even if partially true, only demonstrates that your angry friend in the UK is living beyond his means and his financial priorities are skewed.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 AM

I'm sure you have a better English. We r engineers and not lawyers

Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
I'm sure you have a better English. We r engineers and not lawyers
There is no doubt I "have a better English" and there's no doubt that, whether you graduated from Oxford as an engineer or an educator, you would also have it or at the very least a far better grasp of it than you demonstrate.

Just out of curiosity are you on vacation from work today or does your job allow you to work on unrelated projects?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 AM

I know changes like through can replace true but this was not edited by me before posting it. It was for laughs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration