Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times

Advertisements

Very true, and I will no doubt have my dds vaccinated. But, I would like to wait a few years till we see how the vaccine plays out.....right now there is just no long term info on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 AM

3 posts, read 6,192 times
My Immigrant Visa was nearly through with the US Consulate, Mumbai but am being denied the Visa because I've not taken the vaccinations as I am genuinely concerned in taking them unnecessarily. Neither are they allowing me to apply for the waiver which is allowed as per the Immigration Act. I am in India at present but FYI I stayed in the US with my family for 6 years in California. I have pleaded with the US Consulate several times and sent the US Embassy, Delhi, USCIS Delhi (yes they have an Indian branch) USCIS, USA, NVC and other government organizations etc actual mailings, emails of my plea but there is somebody in the US Consulate,Mumbai who is hell bent on making me take the vaccination though I vehemently oppose it. It's pure discrimination. If I were in the US the waiver would have been a simple straghtforward process.

What are my options? Can I take them to court here in India? Are there other people who have been forced to take vaccinations inspite of their fears of the adverse effects of vaccinations. Can somebody point out a Law firm who can take this up on a contingency basis. I have no desire to sue the Consulate/USCIS for damages but its possible that damages to the tune of at least a couple of million can be claimed. I dont want a cent of the awards but the proceeds after Lawyers genuine fees should be used to fight similar cases like this in the future. Or better still a group can come forward to fight this out. If we are able to fight this law that makes vaccinations mandatory successfully it will perhaps benefit the American people too as I strongly feel that taking unncessary vaccinations is against Nature and Civilization.

If God/Nature wanted human beings to have these vaccinations wouldnt he have given them in some natural way in our genes itself at birth. Do we think that the wise and powerful Creator sends us into this world to be injected with vaccinations prepared artificially with drugs and animal culture? It is great dis-respect and an insult to the Creator when we subject our children to so many vaccines. It's like telling the Creator that He has not done a good job.
Are we being sent defenceless into this world against the germs on this planet and have only vaccines which will keep mankind going?
Nature shows us that the birds and animals living freely and healthily in the jungle, even in our most polluted cities WITHOUT vaccinations. They only die when they eat or drink matter that has been touched by human hands. Why are we not thinking of vaccinating all of them? The answer is simple ...they dont have the money and we cannot make any money from them.

Isnt it possible that that our body has been given a certain finite amount of immunity that has to be used by the body as and when a threat presents itself. By vaccinating ourselves against certain diseases we use up some of the bodies finite resources and our left only with a fraction of the original resources to fight diseases that may come our way during our life time.

Our parents may have taken 3-4 vacinations, we may have taken about 10 but our kids will take nearly 20 or more and its unbelievable but the kids in the US will end up taking more than 40-50 of these wonder cures. What are we doing to our kids and humanity on the pretext of giving them good health. Hygiene, food quality, life style has improved which should have actually resulted in lesser vaccinations for each succeeding generations .....unfortunately the number of vaccinations taken by todays children are on the rise and strangely the children seem to be suffering from symptoms like autism, hyperactivity, obesity, attention deficit syndrome, ear aches, restlessness etc which were quite unheard of during our childhood.

Are vaccines really needed to boost our immune systems when immunity should be built painstakingly with good excercise, good eating habbits, good social and emotional dynamics and most important GOOD HYGENIC living conditions? There is no quick fix solution to building immunity. The way to build immunity is like the wild animals of the Amazons untouched by human greed and our civilization. They have lived for centuries and are living a healthy life WITHOUT vaccines. We should take our clue from them. Our forefathers were faced with many more dangerous germs but survived them and passed on the immunity they gathered through hard work to their descendants WITHOUT today's miracle vaccines. We should do the Creator proud by aligning ourselves with the Laws of the Universe and passing on good genes from one generation to another.

Please see the links below for more information and read for yourselves what havoc vaccinations have been causing in the US. Life is sacred, we must not let greed de-sanctify it.

Why Vaccination Continues by Guylaine Lanctot, M.D.
Why Vaccination Continues even though it is unsafe and ineffective
Dr Robert Mendelsohn // a famous doctor who became a critic of vaccinations
Vaccines and Medical Experiments on Children, Minorities, Woman and Inmates (1845 - 2007)
Rally Speech, April 23, 2001, Anchorage, Alaska by Maureen Forceskie
U.S. Govt. Mandates Gardasil | Judicial Watch

It does not matter if I get the much desired green card or not , what is important is that mankind wins in the end. I would love to come to America but as a free man with the ability to live life as per the LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE. One of the greatest pillars of democracy is "Freedom" and that should not be lost.

Awaiting some suggestions from you all so that we can fight this law together as there is no other option left.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discriminatedAg View Post
My Immigrant Visa was nearly through with the US Consulate, Mumbai but am being denied the Visa because I've not taken the vaccinations as I am genuinely concerned in taking them unnecessarily. Neither are they allowing me to apply for the waiver which is allowed as per the Immigration Act. I am in India at present but FYI I stayed in the US with my family for 6 years in California. I have pleaded with the US Consulate several times and sent the US Embassy, Delhi, USCIS Delhi (yes they have an Indian branch) USCIS, USA, NVC and other government organizations etc actual mailings, emails of my plea but there is somebody in the US Consulate,Mumbai who is hell bent on making me take the vaccination though I vehemently oppose it. It's pure discrimination. If I were in the US the waiver would have been a simple straghtforward process.

What are my options? Can I take them to court here in India? Are there other people who have been forced to take vaccinations inspite of their fears of the adverse effects of vaccinations. Can somebody point out a Law firm who can take this up on a contingency basis. I have no desire to sue the Consulate/USCIS for damages but its possible that damages to the tune of at least a couple of million can be claimed. I dont want a cent of the awards but the proceeds after Lawyers genuine fees should be used to fight similar cases like this in the future. Or better still a group can come forward to fight this out. If we are able to fight this law that makes vaccinations mandatory successfully it will perhaps benefit the American people too as I strongly feel that taking unncessary vaccinations is against Nature and Civilization.

If God/Nature wanted human beings to have these vaccinations wouldnt he have given them in some natural way in our genes itself at birth. Do we think that the wise and powerful Creator sends us into this world to be injected with vaccinations prepared artificially with drugs and animal culture? It is great dis-respect and an insult to the Creator when we subject our children to so many vaccines. It's like telling the Creator that He has not done a good job.

Are we being sent defenceless into this world against the germs on this planet and have only vaccines which will keep mankind going?
Nature shows us that the birds and animals living freely and healthily in the jungle, even in our most polluted cities WITHOUT vaccinations. They only die when they eat or drink matter that has been touched by human hands. Why are we not thinking of vaccinating all of them? The answer is simple ...they dont have the money and we cannot make any money from them.

Isnt it possible that that our body has been given a certain finite amount of immunity that has to be used by the body as and when a threat presents itself. By vaccinating ourselves against certain diseases we use up some of the bodies finite resources and our left only with a fraction of the original resources to fight diseases that may come our way during our life time.

Our parents may have taken 3-4 vacinations, we may have taken about 10 but our kids will take nearly 20 or more and its unbelievable but the kids in the US will end up taking more than 40-50 of these wonder cures. What are we doing to our kids and humanity on the pretext of giving them good health. Hygiene, food quality, life style has improved which should have actually resulted in lesser vaccinations for each succeeding generations .....unfortunately the number of vaccinations taken by todays children are on the rise and strangely the children seem to be suffering from symptoms like autism, hyperactivity, obesity, attention deficit syndrome, ear aches, restlessness etc which were quite unheard of during our childhood.

Are vaccines really needed to boost our immune systems when immunity should be built painstakingly with good excercise, good eating habbits, good social and emotional dynamics and most important GOOD HYGENIC living conditions? There is no quick fix solution to building immunity. The way to build immunity is like the wild animals of the Amazons untouched by human greed and our civilization. They have lived for centuries and are living a healthy life WITHOUT vaccines. We should take our clue from them. Our forefathers were faced with many more dangerous germs but survived them and passed on the immunity they gathered through hard work to their descendants WITHOUT today's miracle vaccines. We should do the Creator proud by aligning ourselves with the Laws of the Universe and passing on good genes from one generation to another.

Please see the links below for more information and read for yourselves what havoc vaccinations have been causing in the US. Life is sacred, we must not let greed de-sanctify it.

It does not matter if I get the much desired green card or not , what is important is that mankind wins in the end. I would love to come to America but as a free man with the ability to live life as per the LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE. One of the greatest pillars of democracy is "Freedom" and that should not be lost.

Awaiting some suggestions from you all so that we can fight this law together as there is no other option left.
I will not offer a treatise on the pros and cons of vaccination, nor the inherent variation between human and animal biology. First, and foremost, I am not qualified to do so. More importantly, it is not warranted to respond to your post. I certainly appreciate your reluctance to subject yourself to what you believe to be an unnecessary and potentially detrimental vaccination. It’s your body, and you have every right to make that determination.

The U.S government has mandated the HPV vaccination for immigrants seeking permanent status. However, there is nothing ‘requiring’ you to become a citizen of this country. With all due respect, if you vehemently disagree with the prerequisites for U.S. citizenship, perhaps you should consider relocating to another country.

Our laws are not designed for the appeasement or convenience of those wishing to make the U.S. their home. Nor is it discrimination to require specific vaccinations against communicable diseases for those seeking citizenship. You have no legal basis for your “discrimination” lawsuit. You have not been arbitrarily selected for vaccination. Neither have you been selected on the basis of race, creed, national origin, or sexual orientation.

Thank you for choosing “legal” immigration.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:31 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
I feel for your situation, I honestly do. I know that you feel as if your right to make this choice is being taken away from you and I'm sure that makes you feel rather powerless.

That being said, vaccinations have saved millions upon millions of lives. I had my own trepidations each time my babies were vaccinated, but all three of my children received all of their vaccinations and not one of them had an abnormal reaction. As a matter of fact, of all the people I've ever known who have been vaccinated, and whose children have been vaccinated--none of them have even had so much as a fever or infection at the shot site. Through all of the people I know, no one in their acquaintance has had any sort of reaction.

What I'm trying to tell you is that the benefits of vaccination far outweigh the risks. In this country, Diptheria, German measles, Whooping Cough,and Polio have been nearly eliminated because of vaccinations. Both of my daughters have also had the HPV vaccine. They're fine.

Vaccinations are required for public school enrollment. When I transfered to the University of Wyoming, I was required to retake my DPT (diptheria, pertussis, tetanus) not just one shot, but the entire series, because my vaccination records were long gone. I didn't balk--I after all, wanted to transfer there, no one was twisting my arm. I took the vaccinations. Guess what? No reaction.

Citizens of this country are aware of the fact that vaccinations are a required fact of life in this country. Personally, I'd rather not endure the symptoms or results of diseases such as diptheria (In the 1920s there were an estimated 100,000 to 200,000 cases of diphtheria per year in the United States, causing 13,000 to 15,000 deaths. Children represented a large majority of these cases and fatalities.Diphtheria causes the progressive deterioration of myelin sheaths in the central and peripheral nervous system leading to degenerating motor control and loss of sensation. Diphtheria is a contagious disease spread by direct physical contact or breathing the aerosolized secretions of infected individuals. Once quite common, diphtheria has largely been eradicated in developed nations through widespread vaccination.) Personally, I'm grateful for my government's determination to eradicate such diseases out of this country.

Vaccinations are a requirement of U.S. immigration. Personally, if I truly wanted to emigrate to another country and they wanted me to stand on my head in a corner, spit nickels, and recite the Gettysburg Address in Latin in order to do so, I would figure out a way to comply.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 AM

Thanks for your reply. Please dont misunderstand me. You are right, I should do anything if I wish to come to the US. Yes I am doing exactly that ..that is to fight against something that is against LIFE. I have long decided that if I come to the US as a Permanent Resident I will come as a free man free to live as per the Laws of Nature. If that is not possible I will not come.

You did indeed speak a lot of the blessings of vaccinations. But did you go through the links I posted and read about them. Just last week and a couple of months ago there were young children who were bubbling with life but died within a few hours of taking the vaccinations. Just read account in the links sent which have documented cases in the US who have been dying or being maimed for life due to vaccinations. Are mothers really AWARE that there could be a SMALL possibility that her kid MAY become a vegetable or die after the vaccination.? Please look into yourself and see whether you WERE REALLY AWARE

Yes its true your kids and mine are yet normal inspite of having been vaccinated. But tell me why did you PRAY to GOD when the vaccinations were given if they truly have benefits? Why are the birds of the air not being vaccinated and yet surviving.

This is not about wanting to come to America or not. This about mankind and civilization. We are all one irrespective of where we live on this planet. The US is a beacon of hope to the democracies and countries ruled by despotic rulers all over the globe and it must shine its rays of influence in the darkest corners of the globe. America can lead the way but to lead it must have the support of the Universe and to have that it must live by the wise laws of the Universe.
Please dont misunderstand me. I've lived in the US in CA for 6 long years not once finding the need to go to a doctor because I believe I live by the Laws of the Universe. You have a beautiful country but there are somethings which go unquestioned without really pondering deep within. The vaccination issue is one of them.
Daylight savings was another such issue which was being done unquestioned for several years. However when I noticed that it had drawbacks I wrote not to one but to several organizations and Governors about the obvious dis-advantages of it. I was very happy to know that a law was passed in 2006 by the US government actually implementing something similar to what I suggested as a result of which daylight timings have started earlier in March and ending later in November resulting in a gain of 4 weeks summer time. This according to reports (URL of one report: BBC NEWS | Americas | US time switch set to save energy) will save the US government billions of dollars in oil and energy. I would like to think that I indirectly helped in making this a happen...But either way it does not matter to me. I am happy that the environment and mankind benefits from this law.

Sometimes its important that Mankind WINS and not corporations.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Please dont misunderstand me. You are right, I should do anything if I wish to come to the US. Yes I am doing exactly that ..that is to fight against something that is against LIFE. I have long decided that if I come to the US as a Permanent Resident I will come as a free man free to live as per the Laws of Nature. If that is not possible I will not come.

You did indeed speak a lot of the blessings of vaccinations. But did you go through the links I posted and read about them. Just last week and a couple of months ago there were young children who were bubbling with life but died within a few hours of taking the vaccinations. Just read account in the links sent which have documented cases in the US who have been dying or being maimed for life due to vaccinations. Are mothers really AWARE that there could be a SMALL possibility that her kid MAY become a vegetable or die after the vaccination.? Please look into yourself and see whether you WERE REALLY AWARE

Yes its true your kids and mine are yet normal inspite of having been vaccinated. But tell me why did you PRAY to GOD when the vaccinations were given if they truly have benefits? Why are the birds of the air not being vaccinated and yet surviving.

This is not about wanting to come to America or not. This about mankind and civilization. We are all one irrespective of where we live on this planet. The US is a beacon of hope to the democracies and countries ruled by despotic rulers all over the globe and it must shine its rays of influence in the darkest corners of the globe. America can lead the way but to lead it must have the support of the Universe and to have that it must live by the wise laws of the Universe.
Please dont misunderstand me. I've lived in the US in CA for 6 long years not once finding the need to go to a doctor because I believe I live by the Laws of the Universe. You have a beautiful country but there are somethings which go unquestioned without really pondering deep within. The vaccination issue is one of them.
Daylight savings was another such issue which was being done unquestioned for several years. However when I noticed that it had drawbacks I wrote not to one but to several organizations and Governors about the obvious dis-advantages of it. I was very happy to know that a law was passed in 2006 by the US government actually implementing something similar to what I suggested as a result of which daylight timings have started earlier in March and ending later in November resulting in a gain of 4 weeks summer time. This according to reports (URL of one report: BBC NEWS | Americas | US time switch set to save energy) will save the US government billions of dollars in oil and energy. I would like to think that I indirectly helped in making this a happen...But either way it does not matter to me. I am happy that the environment and mankind benefits from this law.

Sometimes its important that Mankind WINS and not corporations.
I read every single solitary piece of literature available before allowing my children to be vaccinated, both pro and con. I believed then as I believe now that the benefits outweigh the risks.

When you refuse vaccination, it is not only your own life you put at risk, but that of every immune compromised person you come into contact with, the sick, the elderly, and the newborn. You may have the right to risk infection for yourself, but you don't have that right when the lives of other people may be at risk.

Mankind wins when science is able to outsmart viri and illnesses that have killed millions. Vaccinations do that.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I read every single solitary piece of literature available before allowing my children to be vaccinated, both pro and con. I believed then as I believe now that the benefits outweigh the risks.

When you refuse vaccination, it is not only your own life you put at risk, but that of every immune compromised person you come into contact with, the sick, the elderly, and the newborn. You may have the right to risk infection for yourself, but you don't have that right when the lives of other people may be at risk.

Mankind wins when science is able to outsmart viri and illnesses that have killed millions. Vaccinations do that.
Absolutely! I would think that one with such a fervent concern for “mankind†would recognize the overwhelming benefits of vaccinations; and the debilitating and life-threatening diseases vaccinations have eradicated. Polio comes to mind.

Quote:
Polio was eliminated in the U.S. because protecting the public's health was perceived as a simple necessity, and every effort was made to see that the vaccine would be freely distributed and polio would be eradicated. Since this effort 50 years ago, we can now protect children from more than 12 vaccine preventable diseases and disease rates have been reduced by 99% in the U.S. Yet, without diligent efforts to maintain immunization programs here and strengthen them worldwide, the diseases seen 50 years ago remain a threat to our children.
Vaccines: Events/50thPolio/main page (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/events/polio-vacc-50th/default.htm - broken link)

Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 AM

I wish you all the best. Hopefully we will not see the disastrous effects of Man's greed w.r.t vaccinations in our Lifetime. Look at the behaviour of children carefully and you will already see the side-effects. It should not become too late when it becomes obvious.
Here's something I watched on National Geographic regarding DDT sometime back.
It was surprising to see that America thought that DDT was the miracle answer to many things when it was first discovered as it brought about tremendous reduction in malaria cases, huge production surges in the farm sector but gradually it became obvious that DDT was finding its way back into the food chain which caused a lot of problems in humans because of which it has been BANNED in the USA 20 years after it was invented.
I am pretty confident vaccinations will also go this route as its not as per Gods Laws.

Yes science will definitely save mankind but when the motive is deep concern for mankink and not when the motive is to make money irrespective of consequences especially in the GODLY domains like genetics, vaccinations, cloning etc.
Whoever you wherever you are I pray that you align yourself with the Laws of the Universe which is ingrained deep within your conscience. You come with it into this world and you will take it back when you leave it. Nothing else.
I have put up a small website...its nothing fancy and is primitive, lacks finesse. Probably you could see it when you have the time. Its Welcome to "For The Universe"
Peace be with you.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I wish you all the best. Hopefully we will not see the disastrous effects of Man's greed w.r.t vaccinations in our Lifetime. Look at the behaviour of children carefully and you will already see the side-effects. It should not become too late when it becomes obvious.
Here's something I watched on National Geographic regarding DDT sometime back.
It was surprising to see that America thought that DDT was the miracle answer to many things when it was first discovered as it brought about tremendous reduction in malaria cases, huge production surges in the farm sector but gradually it became obvious that DDT was finding its way back into the food chain which caused a lot of problems in humans because of which it has been BANNED in the USA 20 years after it was invented.
I am pretty confident vaccinations will also go this route as its not as per Gods Laws.

Yes science will definitely save mankind but when the motive is deep concern for mankink and not when the motive is to make money irrespective of consequences especially in the GODLY domains like genetics, vaccinations, cloning etc.
Whoever you wherever you are I pray that you align yourself with the Laws of the Universe which is ingrained deep within your conscience. You come with it into this world and you will take it back when you leave it. Nothing else.
I have put up a small website...its nothing fancy and is primitive, lacks finesse. Probably you could see it when you have the time. Its Welcome to "For The Universe"
Peace be with you.
Two of my "children" are grown women with children of their own. There have been no side effects and as a matter of fact, the worst illness my daughters ever came down with was one case of tonsilitis.

My son is nearly twelve, an honor student and healthy as a horse.

As far as I can tell, if there have been any side effects, they've been good ones.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:55 PM

307 posts, read 521,950 times
Some advise.

If your going to argue against some facet of man made technology by claiming, “God didn’t give it to us so it is bad.” You will find that the argument holds a lot more weight when done in person and NOT OVER THE INTERNET!!!

Quote:
If God/Nature wanted human beings to have these vaccinations wouldnt he have given them in some natural way in our genes itself at birth.

Using the same logic "If God/Nature wanted you to live in America wouldn't he have made sure you were born here?"

Quote:
Do we think that the wise and powerful Creator sends us into this world to be injected with vaccinations prepared artificially with drugs and animal culture? It is great dis-respect and an insult to the Creator when we subject our children to so many vaccines. It's like telling the Creator that He has not done a good job.
Do we think that the wise and powerful Creator sends us into this world to FLY ON AIRPLANES USING GASOLINE AND OTHER ARTIFICIAL METHODS? It is great dis-respect and an insult to the Creator to TRY TO FLY WHEN HE HAS NOT GIFTED US WITH WINGS. It's like telling the Creator that He has not done a good job.

Quote:
Are we being sent defenseless into this world against the germs on this planet and have only vaccines which will keep mankind going?
To answer that question look at the rate of death due to Polio & Small Pox, BEFORE and AFTER VACCINES. Children have SOME defenses against them, but only about 20% effective. Vaccines give you FAR BETTER defense. If you were going into a cage with a hungry tiger would you choose to use your natural defenses God gave you. Or a solid gun, a sharp knife, and some good body armor?

Quote:
During the 20th century, it is estimated that smallpox was responsible for 300–500 million deaths.[7][8] As recently as 1967, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that 15 million people contracted the disease and that two million died in that year.[9] After successful vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in 1979.[9] To this day, smallpox is the only human infectious disease to have been completely eradicated.[10]

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 10-06-2008 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration