Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM

24,048 posts, read 10,384,550 times

Advertisements

@@@I love it
Your lack of information is formidable.

As a fairly new citizen (after paying taxes for over 25 years - I hope this will keep me in good graces) I sometimes am ashamed of having to call myself part of your country. Yes, I still refer to it as that and why not. I was more or less forced by your laws to do so. Please check out probate laws for non-citizen spouses. Quite an incentive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 11:37 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,204,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
@@@I love it

As a fairly new citizen (after paying taxes for over 25 years - I hope this will keep me in good graces) I sometimes am ashamed of having to call myself part of your country. Yes, I still refer to it as that and why not. I was more or less forced by your laws to do so. Please check out probate laws for non-citizen spouses. Quite an incentive.
Your ignorance of the TOS is quite formidable.

If you are ashamed to be part of this country, remember you are not being held captive here by the rest of us.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:50 AM

14,249 posts, read 17,861,973 times
Quote:
@@@I love it

I do understand the tax issues but do not understand why you are ashamed to be a US citizen.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Your ignorance of the TOS is quite formidable.

If you are ashamed to be part of this country, remember you are not being held captive here by the rest of us.
Unfortunately I would have to immigrate to my home country. Its policies and people are also rather charming.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I do understand the tax issues but do not understand why you are ashamed to be a US citizen.
I see more and more aggression, outlashing and classic witch hunts. And that in a traditional immigration society.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:14 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,861,973 times
Quote:
I see more and more aggression, outlashing and classic witch hunts. And that in a traditional immigration society.
They must have passed me by.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,204 times
[url=http://www.REUVENHEALTH.com]Reuven Enterprises - Universal Health Insurance[/url]

Old 12-23-2009, 06:23 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,955,659 times
Quote:
@@@I love it

When I read this I was visioning Immigration police with a gun behind you forcing you to become American! Then realize that citizenship is not a RIGHT.. its a privilege. If one were unhappy with the laws.. leave. And the audacity to think people would not object to this type of sentiment? Reminds of these Indian students I knew in Australia who whined about Australians (called them racists, etc.), yet expected to be approved for permanent migration to Australia! Such hateful attitudes!

Old 12-23-2009, 11:25 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,811,064 times
OP - Does your mother at 67 not have any form of pension from your country of origin? Why do you need SSI here?

Besides, frankly you're SOL, you signed a sponsorship which is legally binding.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:30 PM

249 posts, read 439,542 times
Really, I am amazed to see so many hateful Americans (well... those who post here are a minority!!!). could you remember that you are ALL immigrants at one time or another.

I am not sure of how I found this topic....

I am planning to immigrate to the US, not illegally, and not living on tax money payers, but to buy a property... and work for the benefits of you who consider yourselves "privileged". Although I am 66, I consider I can still BRING money to the country I am in.

I am originally from France, had to leave it many years ago, because in THEIR opinion, I was too old to get a job corresponding to my expertise . But THERE, all illegal immigrants have social and medical rights immediately. I have mine (I paid all my life), so I won't take advantage of any US system! I have lived (legally) in several other countries.

I want to be legal, I need, for what I know so far, to find a sponsor, I hope I will get a permanent visa (and I will not expand my reasons here), but certainly not to be a "privileged" US citizen.

Some of you enter a thread without knowing what the person asking intends to do. That person with her mom is WORKING to benefit this country, right?

Please put your guns away, be more open to foreigners. In France we have a LOT of illegals, they don't seem very motivated to get them out... well... I will not march with my gun up.

Anyway, the forum in general is very helpful, so I guess I just have to ignore unpleasant replies (that I never had to my posts). Thanks to all positive members. And merry Christmas and happy new year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration