Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:32 AM

4 posts, read 26,909 times

Advertisements

I had my interview and received the paper with notes:

Please require after 180 days
An additional review of your case is required to determine eligibility.
No additional information is required in this time
Please let me know what that's mean and what to expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 05:47 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,754,824 times
It basically means they need to do extra checks on your background and information. It often (but not only!) happens to males from Muslim countries, as additional name and security checks are done. It's also quite common in "high fraud" countries such as Nigeria and Vietnam, where they might use the additional time to visit neighbours and family of the applicant and interview them to determine the bonafide of the marriage.

It's nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide and were able to answer all the questions they asked about your spouse, but it can last a short (weeks) or long (months, even over a year) time, so planning a move is really difficult.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM

541 posts, read 1,334,638 times
no good sign..i was on the spot approved 2 years ago..at the interview she told me that she would send my greencard per mail next 4 weeks...my husband is american,he lived in europelonger time married with me and we proved that,so for me getting the green card was very fast and easy,also because material situation i think.....i have a friend who decided to emigrate to usa 3 years ago,she has over 35 millions heritage from family and she put the provve on the table...she got all the aprovals thorugh her lawyer,interview piece of cake,treated liek a king..faster that one can imagine...they love people with money..more you have,you are welcome and you are treated like a king...like in switzerland,all door open..money speaks..

what about the money?does your partner make enough?

Last edited by Buburuza13; 04-14-2010 at 01:48 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 08:00 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,134,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
no good sign..i was on the spot approved 2 years ago..
You were approved on the spot? So what? Many people don't. The OP has nothing to worry about.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,031,403 times
Don't worry yet. You will probably get your Green Card in the mail in a month or so. They want you to call them back if you don't hear from them after 180 days (which would probably mean your case got lost or shredded). Most likely you will be approved if you qualify. Right now there is nothing you can do except sit on your thumbs and wait for them to get back to you.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM

541 posts, read 1,334,638 times
there is a lot to worry about..i know people,who did not get it..they had to go back to their own countries and apply,even if married with an american...chnage of status was not aproved..my opinion:there is always reason to worry about..

Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,031,403 times
Yeah, but there's nothing they can do at this point except wait for USCIS. Why waste your time worrying about it? It'll happen or it won't.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 AM

4 posts, read 26,909 times
thanks for yours help!!!!!!do you know how long we are risking border patrol will come to our home to check that we are living together and how it looks? what questions can be posted?thanks one more time for your help

Old 05-05-2010, 06:39 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,754,824 times
I doubt they will come after you get your green card

Not sure what you mean with "what questions can be posted"... do you mean what they will ask, or what you are allowed to ask here?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,737 times
I went to interview Last week (April, 2014). I got a note which states -

Please inquire after 180 days:
Additional review of your case required and or/background check is required to determine your eligibility..

What does it mean.. Pls need ur feedback guys ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration