U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,321 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of moving to Carbon county. I'm trying to find out more informatiion about the Jim Thorpe S.D. and which areas to look in Carbon county. does anyone have any information or someplace I can look? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,483 times
[quote=Christine72;1193615]We're thinking of moving to Carbon county. I'm trying to find out more informatiion about the Jim Thorpe S.D. and which areas to look in Carbon county. does anyone have any information or someplace I can look? Thanks.

You should look in Albrightsvilee(up the mountain from Jim Thorpe). Beautiful area, lots of transplants from ny, nj, and philly, easy to fit in. Great Jim Thorpe Area School System! Moved here from jersy 6 years ago... never regretted a minute of it!!!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Location: Bucks County, Looking at Carbon County or Bradford County in Future
2 posts, read 3,457 times
Smile Jim Thorpe, Pa. Need Information(Schools, Social Services, Housing)

I am considering purchase of a home in Jim Thorpe, Pa. (Carbon County)I have 2 sons diagnosed with autism ages 18 & 26.
Presently my older son lives in a rented home and uses his section 8 housing voucher to help with rent. He receives 6-24 hours of staff coverage. We can use his voucher anywhere and are hoping to find an apt in Jim Thorpe. We also hope to locate a housemate to share the home or Apt, who also may have special needs.

My 18 year old son is higher functioning(Asperger's Syndrome)(still living at home with familiy) and is still receiving special education. He can attend school until age 21. He needs some sort of Vo-tech training--Possibly in computers or office work of some sort.
Can anyone give me information on the local school district intermediate IU and Human Service agencies so I can begin doing my homework ?

Thanks,
Debbie
gieshouse50@aol.com

Old 08-24-2007, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 5,321 times
Thanks very much for the information. I appreciate any information I can get. Any areas to avoid ? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM

7 posts, read 28,413 times
Albrightsville is nice.
Check out Indian Mountain Lakes, we're a gated community with lots of amenities and 24 hour security.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM

63 posts, read 147,810 times
I'm not too sure about Indian Mtn Lakes. I've heard that they have had some problems with teenagers, etc. I know people who also live there. Towamensing Trails is a nice area, maybe Mt. Pocohontas as well. Just keep in mind that taxes will seem low on listings if you are buying a house, but Carbon Cty. reassesses the home once it is sold so beware.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM

7 posts, read 28,413 times
I've lived in IML for 4 years now and the issues here aren't any worse than any other planned community.
The community as a whole is decent as is the whole area here.
The taxes on the Carbon side are much lower than the Monroe side and yes I was re-assesed after my purchase but it was not as bad as you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley