Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 09:05 PM

518 posts, read 1,791,800 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear what makes your town or area so inviting. Also if you are a native PA or have relocated from other areas. Thanks, hope for some interesting reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I love our town! We moved here almost 14 years ago from Delaware County, but had moved quite a bit before that. We've lived in five states and four counties in Pennsylvania. Coopersburg is very much like the town I grew up with in lower Delaware except the schools are better here and Coopersburg didn't have a long bad patch of shuttered stores like my hometown did.

I like that it's a small school district and how I can go into any store and know someone. Or how I can go to an event like yesterday's Memorial day service by myself and find people I know to sit with. Also, there is never a really bad traffic day. If I have to wait five minutes to get through an intersection, that's a long time.

There are community events all year long in the three areas that cover our school district - Upper Saucon, Lower Milford and Coopersburgh borough and a friendly competition about that. Today is the first day of the Coopersburg Fireman's carnival and we usually buy cabbage and noodles from the volunteer fire fighters group while families with young children take the kids on the rides. Last weekend was a 3K run through town. In the early fall there will be community days in Coopersburg, Upper Saucon and Lower Milford, each one a little different.

Our Schools are good too. For the size of our HS, just over 1,000 students, they offer over a dozen AP classes, and all of the core subjects have strict pre-rec's that make them challenging but do-able to the students that qualify. Parkland allows any student to take their AP classes, which I think changes the value of the class. Building a new intermediate school for grades 4-6 also relieved an overcrowding problem.

All in all, Coopersburg has been a very good choice for our family.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
I was born here. I have traveled. I have tried to leave. Things did not work out. Not as bad as it was. Bethlehem is great. Allentown blows. One of these days I'll be gone. In the meantime I am here.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 06-09-2011 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Removed rude comment

Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
I have lived here for 3 1/2 years, and am very happy with our town. I grew up on Long Island and have lived in CT, VT, NYC and 2 other areas of PA, and can honestly say I feel the most "at home" here.

I like the fact that our area is new and growing. Yes - we have our growing pains, but I like the people who make up our community, which is really the most important thing.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,838 times
I don't mind the town of Slatington area/ Washington township but what makes it bad are some bad neighbors and a township that looks the other way on illegal activities. Also we have no police/ no law in Washington Township Lehigh County so anything goes.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 8,323 times
I like Jim Thorpe. I used to not like it, being a teenager, I wanted to be in the city, and all that. Now that I'm older, it's a nice town. The police don't do much, but there isn't too much crime. More people are moving into this area though. I work in Allentown, and most of Allentown is grimy, I don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley