Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,745,416 times

Advertisements

I plan on taking a ride down to Allentown sometime in the near future to catch a game, and was wondering if the Pigs still sell out just about every game. Are there typically tickets available if I just walk up and buy the tickets before the game, or is there a good chance the games will be sold out and I should buy the tickets online beforehand?

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 03-21-2012 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:35 AM

210 posts, read 379,176 times
If you want to go in the spring, you shouldn't have a problem walking up and getting tickets. Just bring a blanket in the event they only have lawn seating left.

In the summer, especially weekend games, are more likely to sell out.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,345,557 times
For some reason, I have had trouble getting my husband to commit to an Iron Pigs game ahead of time, so we've ended up with lawn seats two of the three games we've gone to. They have really caught on and tickets are much harder to get now then they were when they first came. I love their stadium and the casual atmosphere.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM

I guess maybe I'd better buy tickets beforehand then....I don't want to drive an hour and a half to find out there's no seats. And with Phillies tickets increasingly impossible to get (and not to mention a lot more expensive), I'll definitely be making 1 or more trips down to Lehigh Valley this season...I've been meaning to get down there since the stadium opened.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM

I'm looking forward to when my kids get older and can really enjoy it. Maybe buy a 10 pack of tickets.
I hear the kid birthday parties at the park are pretty awesome.

Don't the Yankees play some "home" games at coca cola park? They would probably have good ticket availability, since the pigs will be on the road.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Dutch_Love View Post
Don't the Yankees play some "home" games at coca cola park? They would probably have good ticket availability, since the pigs will be on the road.
Yeah they will be, along with "home" games in upstate NY. But I'm a Phillies fan, so I'm more interested in seeing the Pigs than the Yankees. I live about 5 miles from the SWB Yanks stadium, and I've maybe been there 3 times in the 5 years they've been there, and that's only when I've had free tickets. I used to go all the time when they were the Red Barons.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM

18 posts, read 111,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Dutch_Love View Post
The only "home" games the Yankees have at Coca Cola Park are the games they were going to host the Iron Pigs, so the Pigs will play in all of them.

To answer the OP, weekend games have a higher chance of selling out. Other games that can sell out are the exciting giveaways/promotions like bobble heads, fireworks, etc. But most of the games during the week, you should be able to get tickets at the gate.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM

That's odd that the Yankees would play a home game hosting the pigs. Not much of a home game. It would of made more sense for them to play while the pigs were on the road.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:57 PM

18 posts, read 111,169 times
They are renovating the Yankees stadium in Scranton this season, so the Yankees are playing all of their home games in 6 different stadiums along with all of their away games. So all 142 games on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley