Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 AM

827 posts, read 3,094,684 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness for CD! I reside on LI in NY. My boss has given me a task to research and I'm not getting anywhere on the net. Can anyone guide me on how one can get from Easton, PA to Lancaster, PA (not by car). It can be by train or bus but not by car as there is no access to a car. Also, the person would not be able to leave any earlier than 12:00 in the afternoon on a weekday. My search was coming up with nothing and I personally do not know anything about either of these areas.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,002,846 times
Grayhound can do it, (would take 6+ hours) and two connection one in Philly. Would depart @ 730p and get in after midnight.

I would suggest a Car service (town car). for the 2hr drive.
How long will he be in Lancaster? How is he leaving ?

You can also try http://www.biebertourways.com/Home.aspx take bus from easton connect in Kutztown for bus to Harisburg, and then cab?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Grayhound can do it, (would take 6+ hours) and two connection one in Philly. Would depart @ 730p and get in after midnight.

I would suggest a Car service (town car). for the 2hr drive.
How long will he be in Lancaster? How is he leaving ?

You can also try Bieber Tours - Home take bus from easton connect in Kutztown for bus to Harisburg, and then cab?
Thank you so much for your reply!

He mentioned to me that he had to be there by 6pm and can leave no longer than 12:00 pm that day b/c he has a test and needs to be there for the test.

I had looked up greyhound and saw that their hours were not an option.

To be honest with you, I am not sure how long he will be in Lancaster...I have no idea when he would be leaving there...right now he just asked me to find a way to get there. I'll tell him that I chatted on this site and that a town car was suggested. Not sure if he will be for that but there really aren't too many ways around this from what I am finding. I saw amtrak can be used but the closest station to Easton is Trenton and New Brunswick, NJ.

I don't know how he would be able to even get there without a taxi of some sort.

I am going to look at the link you attached and take it from there.

Thank you so much for your help. Usually I am pretty good at finding a way around places but this was not an easy task.

ETA: I looked up the link...I don't see anywhere to leave from Easton, PA on there. I see Kuztown and Harisburg but not Easton...Hmmm.. Am I missing something?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 AM

The Bus(s) in Easton do CurbSide pick up right now, They are building a bus station 2? years from now.
There is NO way to get to Trenton or New Bruswick from easton By mass transit with out going somewhere total out of the way. You could do bus to Philly, and pickup amtrak there but would take just about as long as grayhound.

I would would look for an airport style car service, not a cab.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 AM

Thanks! I just spoke to my boss and I told him you suggested doing the town car service.

He told me he didn't care if it was a Ford Pinto. LOL..

Can you recommend any town car services that you know of that are reliable? If not, I will just look online. Thanks for all of your help. I really, really appreciate it.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:02 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
I guess you've found out that there is no rail service in the Lehigh Valley and our bus selection is pretty limited as well. I think we generally think everyone owns and drives a car.

The only really local airport is Lehigh Valley International. I'm not sure what's going on, but their site seems to be down right now. I was thinking that would be the best place to look for a car service as opposed to a limo rental. I've only used limo's for a prom rental and taking a bunch of boy scouts to the airport so I'm no help. Sorry.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I guess you've found out that there is no rail service in the Lehigh Valley and our bus selection is pretty limited as well. I think we generally think everyone owns and drives a car.

The only really local airport is Lehigh Valley International. I'm not sure what's going on, but their site seems to be down right now. I was thinking that would be the best place to look for a car service as opposed to a limo rental. I've only used limo's for a prom rental and taking a bunch of boy scouts to the airport so I'm no help. Sorry.
Thank you for your response. This is for a college aged child who is away at school so I am assuming the school does not allow cars on campus. I remember that's how it was way back when I was looking to go away to college.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM

Does the college student drive at all? (Does s/he have a licence?) Access to a car at other times?

If S/he is just going for the day or two to take a test, I'm sure you can contact the college security and arrage for parking on campus for a day or two.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:41 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Student at Lafayette - Student Driving of College-Insured Vehicles · Finance & Administration · Lafayette College They can rent cars...

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Does this student go to Lafayette?

When I was in college and need'ed a ride (or could give one) I would post/read a notes on the 'ride' board. and would chip in for the gas. Have them check in the student union, and see how getting rides are done now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley