Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 09:56 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times

Advertisements

Yes, that time of year again when there will be festivals going on somewhere in the Valley just about every week. The Kutztown Folk Festival starts tomorrow and runs through July 8th. The Kutztown Folk Festival This festival is about all things Pennsylvania Dutch and features a HUGE quilt show and sale, old time demonstrations plus lots of good old fashioned PA dutch food. Yum!!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
We are going to The Kutztown Folk Festivalone of the days it's running.
It's going to be fantastic from what I've heard.

Your right about that Dutch food!!

I'm going to eat there until I explode!! LOL!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:15 PM

138 posts, read 283,946 times
We're going tomorrow, despite the heat.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,051 times
I would love to go and have my annual Zion's Church all-you-can-eat PA Dutch food gluttony, but I am on a strict diet, doc's orders. So all of you go and eat it all for me!

And on the way, stop on main street at The Frying Dutchman and get some of those homemade donuts/pastries/muffins. Oh.my.goodness (LOL)

If I get to the festival, I will pick up some dark apple butter though, reminds me of the stuff my great-grammy stood there all day cooking in the summer kitchen in the big wooden vat.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Julian and alexiskai, How was the festival?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:13 AM

138 posts, read 283,946 times
We got there late in the day and didn't have as much time as I wanted, it being the inaugural festival for us. We missed all the ag demos and most of the music acts. The heat wasn't bad at all. Of course, a big part of the festival is shopping amidst the huge variety of vendors, and I was pleased to discover that a lot of the merchandise was discounted. So we spent about $200 and departed content, but I'll be back next year in time to catch the sheep shearing and roof thatching demos.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:30 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
Hi Too Busy!

We have been extremely busy and as of yet have not had an opportunity to go yet.

We are thinking Thursday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley