Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2007, 07:37 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,138,384 times

Advertisements

My roommate and I have been living for 6 weeks with cold water and no heat. I have resorted to taking showers in the sinks of my workplaces and sponge baths. As far as no heat I have not been that affected by it. I come home from work, listen to the Savage Nation and Coast to Coast on WAEB before going to sleep. Sometimes I would wake up and think "wow it's really cold" but usually I have not been bothered. This has been going oin too long. My roommate is not always home as he also stays at his mom's house in Easton. Anyway I have been on his case for the past couple of weeks and he's been after the landlord. The landlord is in Massachusetts for Chrostmas. The city has been called! Today is the day that something is going to happen! According to many people I have spoken to we are going to get free rent. The city of Bethlehem does not take too kindly to these things. I also think that by the end of the week I'll be living somewhere else. I've been offered some living arrangements by people well aware of my plight. Stay tuned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 08:41 AM

13 posts, read 64,104 times
That is absolutely horrible what your slum lord is putting you through. Not legal advice, but I would document everything you are going through ie. heat not working and other hardships. I would also not pay any rent to the slum lord. If and when it goes to the magistrate you will have all your ducks in a row. In any event best of luck to you and seek legal advice from an attorney if the land lord refuses to act.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Well, thanks I may be in touch. A number of options have been presented. As of late I've been showering at a friends house but this is going to end as his female roommate flipped her lid thios morning. The burst of anger was not directed solely at me but also others who are staying there. This is a real soap opera. It turns out that a guy who was sleeping on my couch and is a friend of my roommate is also a friend of my other friend. So, he being aware of the cold water situation is also now staying over there. And, for some reason the people downstairs are using his shower also. So, I understand why she freaked out. My roommate left a note this morning saying we will discuss things. Im not sure what this means. I have a feeling that he is going to bail and break the lease. He is totally right in doing so. If this is the case I will have no problem finding another spot.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 AM

He is going to bail out and Im looking at a place in Allentown. Im still going to call the city of Bethlehem and explain the situation.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:44 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Good luck with your situation loose cannon. I bet you've been appreciating these last few days more then anyone!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:43 PM

736 posts, read 1,694,983 times
Wow, what ended up happening with this?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
Wow, what ended up happening with this?
Since this thread has been revisited, I had a tia probably the day after or even later the same day I made this post. I thought about suing the landlord, but never did. I've since been living in a centrally located Southside residence. while, there have been some interesting issues with certain tenants (which would be a whole other thread) things have never reached the level of those dark days.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,881 times
Default Problems too

Loose I am living on the South Side as well and am having issues with a slumlord as well. Is your landlord mod cut - name edited? If so please contact me.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-11-2010 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: please us DM feature for this conversation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley