Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 01:28 AM

59 posts, read 136,479 times

Advertisements

Hey! Someone last week took me for a ride and he took me thru 100 North down to 309 South. I know that route a little bit but eventually we ended up across the street from WaWa on MacArthur Road in Whitehall.

So, I have to ask but are these directions from I know are correct coming from Tilghman St?

-From Tilghman St than turn right on 100 North
-From 100 North than turn right on 309 South
-Now from 309 South, he made another right to continue on 309 South at a light but when on 309 South from 100 North it runs to a highway where Tilghman St East & West exits are?
-Than he made another right at a light than a left at the first and went down a couple of stop signs than a right towards Allentown and than a bare off left towards Mechanicsville Road straight to MacArthur Road (???)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 11:24 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I can't picture your route at all, but I bet it would be clear if you did it on google maps street view starting here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...c335d5b8a6d700

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM

Thank you!

Old 08-18-2015, 06:48 PM

331 posts, read 369,425 times
If I were on Tilghman heading north on 100 and wanted to get to the Wawa on 145, the best way to go is to head north for about 3 miles and make a right at the light onto Kernsville Rd. Then keep going straight. You'll cross over 309 at a light, and then go straight through that one. You'll cross over Cedar Crest Blvd at a light. Once you go through the light, make an IMMEDIATE right, then continue on that road (forget the name, it might be Orefield Rd) -it'll end at a Y with Mauch Chunk Rd. Go "straight" and then make the first left - comes up very quickly - onto Mechansville Rd.

It should take 15-20 minutes tops. You went way out of your way and easily doubled the time if you went all the way to 309 & 100, then whent south on 309. That stretch of 309 in Schnecksville is terrible.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrknowitall526 View Post
If I were on Tilghman heading north on 100 and wanted to get to the Wawa on 145, the best way to go is to head north for about 3 miles and make a right at the light onto Kernsville Rd. Then keep going straight. You'll cross over 309 at a light, and then go straight through that one. You'll cross over Cedar Crest Blvd at a light. Once you go through the light, make an IMMEDIATE right, then continue on that road (forget the name, it might be Orefield Rd) -it'll end at a Y with Mauch Chunk Rd. Go "straight" and then make the first left - comes up very quickly - onto Mechansville Rd.

It should take 15-20 minutes tops. You went way out of your way and easily doubled the time if you went all the way to 309 & 100, then whent south on 309. That stretch of 309 in Schnecksville is terrible.
I honestly understand that. Thank you for the info! But if time is not a problem nor the distance than are you able to answer the questions in my OP?

Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 PM

331 posts, read 369,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by php111 View Post
Hey! Someone last week took me for a ride and he took me thru 100 North down to 309 South. I know that route a little bit but eventually we ended up across the street from WaWa on MacArthur Road in Whitehall.

So, I have to ask but are these directions from I know are correct coming from Tilghman St?

-From Tilghman St than turn right on 100 North
Yes that would work

Quote:
-From 100 North than turn right on 309 South
same here

Quote:
-Now from 309 South, he made another right to continue on 309 South at a light
This sounds to me like where 309 and 873 meet, 873 heads North towards Slatington. You need to turn right to continue on 309

Quote:
but when on 309 South from 100 North it runs to a highway where Tilghman St East & West exits are?
not sure what you mean by this. If you stay on 309 south, it turns into an expressway just past Walbert Ave. There are exists for 22 East/West, then Tilghman St East/West, then it merges onto 78.

Quote:
-Than he made another right at a light than a left at the first and went down a couple of stop signs than a right towards Allentown and than a bare off left towards Mechanicsville Road straight to MacArthur Road (???)
Sounds like you ended up on Mauch Chunk Rd -- which turns into 15th Street in Allentown near Rothrocks. But there is no way to turn right, from where you describe, to end up onto that road. You would have to turn left somewhere - the most likely place is either Sand Spring Road (by Schnecksville Diner) or Levans Rd (CVS) on either side of LCCC. Then you would turn right to get onto Mauch Chunk from those roads. But there are no stop signs on Mauch Chunk.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:14 PM

OK, so here are the exact directions.

-assuming you are on Tilghman. Take Tilghman and turn right onto 100 North.
-From 100 North than turn right onto 309 South.
-From 309 South follow that all the way until left is 873 North and right is to continue onto 309 South so make that right to stay on 309 South.
-At the very first light is Sand Spring Road so make a left
-Follow Sand Spring Road through the lights and to the second stop sign than make a right onto Mauch Chuck Road
-Than a left onto Mechanicsville Road

Old 09-09-2015, 02:09 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
Captain Kirk: "WHat a fascinating journey." "Spock where are we?" "Captain we went East on Tilghman and then a little north." "We are in the borough of Whitehall."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley