Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 3,795 times

Advertisements

I've been in the valley since my parents dragged me here in 2004 ( im 23 years old currently ). Specifically in Macungie. Now that my life seems to be stabilizing a bit more now; i feel like i'm ready to put more effort into putting myself out there for dating....but i don't know where to start.

I have joined events and been apart of things, but every woman ive met already has a boyfriend ( and i don't meddle with those situations, i don't like conflict/drama ) or i just end up getting friendzoned .

Is there any places that TRULY single ladies between ages 20 to 25 like to hang out at? Preferably ladies that have some interest in movies, comics, video games, anime, fossils, the ocean.....or at least an open minded lady in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 07:39 PM

331 posts, read 369,425 times
I'm not sure, but I'm 29 and I can empathize - also, the thought of online dating creeps me out.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:16 AM

87 posts, read 98,119 times
Dude, I think you have to look at yourself... unfortunately.
You might not be attractive to women in that way... you know..
Usually when guys complain they can't find women, it is because of themselves.
If you are attractive to women, women will find you and come to you.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:30 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Mom of adult kids speaking - One of my sons (your age) used Tinder and found a girlfriend. I don't see anything wrong with on-line dating. What do you have to lose? None of my kids live in the area - went to colleges out of state and all live OOS. I know that Liberty Tavern is a place they've all gone to, also craft beer places.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:51 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,110,311 times
Dating in this area in my 20's was awful (pretty much non-existent) until I started using online sites. Even then, prospects aren't plentiful around here if you are looking for someone with a college education who isn't a single mom. Eventually met my wife on one. My experience is that the local women who grew up here don't branch out beyond their childhood friends/local circles, and transplants don't spend their time sitting around at bars.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
D... Even then, prospects aren't plentiful around here if you are looking for someone with a college education who isn't a single mom. Eventually met my wife on one. My experience is that the local women who grew up here don't branch out beyond their childhood friends/local circles, and transplants don't spend their time sitting around at bars....
Truer words have never been spoken.... Yeah....because i didnt exactly "grow up" here; it's been much, much harder for me to meet people. The clique/hive mindset of native lehigh valleyers is hard to get around. New people are just as scary as them to them as a overplayed fox news fear mongering article...

Old 07-25-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Mom of adult kids speaking - One of my sons (your age) used Tinder and found a girlfriend. I don't see anything wrong with on-line dating. What do you have to lose? None of my kids live in the area - went to colleges out of state and all live OOS. I know that Liberty Tavern is a place they've all gone to, also craft beer places.
Ill have to try out liberty tavern

I have used tinder, Okcupid, and meetme. Out of the 3, i had several dates, and one girlfriend who ended up being too insecure. She was wealthy and wanted me to quit working and live with her/be there 24/7 for her.....but i had a goal to get a car on my own sweat and blood; plus her offer itself was awkward and creepy. Especially since it was her parents that were rich, not her.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:56 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanblood View Post
Truer words have never been spoken.... Yeah....because i didnt exactly "grow up" here; it's been much, much harder for me to meet people. The clique/hive mindset of native lehigh valleyers is hard to get around. New people are just as scary as them to them as a overplayed fox news fear mongering article...
I'm not sure that's unique to this area. When my husband and I were young, we lived in several different areas and had a heck of a time making friends until we had kids. Everyone seemed to have family and lifelong friends already. We made friends with neighbors or people from work but after moving we didn't stay in touch. Once we had kids, it was a lot easier to make friends, dating has got to be even harder.

I have suggested to one of my sons that he join a local hiking group since that's an activity that isn't much fun to do alone, he loves to do it, and I think it would be a natural way to meet a like minded young woman. I don't know if that's something that appeals to you or if this group has any young women, but it would be something to do if you like hiking: Hikes and Other Events - Allentown Hiking Club

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanblood View Post
The people who move to the LV are usually doing so to settle down in a quieter, relatively lower cost of living area with a spouse and kids. You're really better off in a major metro like Philadelphia, especially with the interests you listed.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:47 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
Dating in this area in my 20's was awful (pretty much non-existent) until I started using online sites. Even then, prospects aren't plentiful around here if you are looking for someone with a college education who isn't a single mom. Eventually met my wife on one. My experience is that the local women who grew up here don't branch out beyond their childhood friends/local circles, and transplants don't spend their time sitting around at bars.
I agree, you have to move to a more affluent metro area to have better prospects. Sitting around at a dive bar or watching high school football games is not my idea of a good date! And as someone with a college education, I really have little in common with a single mother who works a part time minimum wage job. Like I said the LV is a good place if you met your spouse elsewhere and came here for a lower cost of living or a quieter life. But if you're in your 20s or 30s and single it's very tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley