Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 PM

85 posts, read 353,982 times

Advertisements

Hi, after 18 hrs of flight, have finally arrived.

How is Alburtis? Heard from the agent school is small and good. But remember reading here to avoid ALburtis. Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 PM

61 posts, read 225,808 times
That was me, half joking, half serious.

I'm sure the elementary school is OK. The issue is the kids in that section are the notorious drug dealing volkswagon golf/jetta driving wife beater wearing punks, and they have quite a reputation in the district as being that one bad spot to avoid. They have a pseudo gang and sport quote a reputation in the area. decide for yourself... just take a real good look at the block and make sure it's not one of the bad spots.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:56 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times
Sounds good to me. It has good ratings on schoolmatters.com, very large Asian population (for the area), which might make it more comfortable for your kids kmom, and the elementary is nice and small. It's location is pretty rural and shopping will probably mean a bit of a drive but that's more of a personal preference thing. Nice choice.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 AM

Thanks. Visited the school and the principal is a nice lady. Saw couple of Asians too.

Rental in Alburtis for a 3 bedroom and 1 tiny extra room goes for $1500. Is that normal? In a newly established area call Hunt Drive?

Thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PSU View Post
That was me, half joking, half serious.

I'm sure the elementary school is OK. The issue is the kids in that section are the notorious drug dealing volkswagon golf/jetta driving wife beater wearing punks, and they have quite a reputation in the district as being that one bad spot to avoid. They have a pseudo gang and sport quote a reputation in the area. decide for yourself... just take a real good look at the block and make sure it's not one of the bad spots.
You just spooked me. Where do you get these info from?

Old 03-14-2008, 02:43 PM

6 posts, read 23,339 times
Hi Kmom, $1500 is in a normal range for these new homes. Hunt dr is beside Mack truck and at a convenient location to library and grocery shopping. When we did house hunting, we also considered that construction. Finally, we didn't choose it because it is a little bit far to my hubby's work and Mack truck is another concern. Just my 2 cents, may be you can check homes in lower macungie. Their schools have better reviews, closer to highways and good community. I believe the price is also comparible.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 PM

61 posts, read 225,808 times
Personal experience from the late 90's...

Decide for yourself, it is just one group of kids from alburtis, known as the "alburtis posse". Most of the kids were from that one neighborhood in alburtis, there are some homes on the main st and some of those townhouses a few blocks back. Maybe things have changed in the past few years with those guys, hopefully their VW-driving drug dealing days are over and they disbanded, not sure. They don't terrorize the neighborhood or anything, they're just a bad influence on high school kids and happen to live in alburtis proper.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PSU View Post
Personal experience from the late 90's...

Decide for yourself, it is just one group of kids from alburtis, known as the "alburtis posse". Most of the kids were from that one neighborhood in alburtis, there are some homes on the main st and some of those townhouses a few blocks back. Maybe things have changed in the past few years with those guys, hopefully their VW-driving drug dealing days are over and they disbanded, not sure. They don't terrorize the neighborhood or anything, they're just a bad influence on high school kids and happen to live in alburtis proper.
Guess, they must be grown-ups by now with kids of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley