Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 17,119 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the posts on this forum for some time and hope that locals can provide me with more insight into Breinigsville!

My husband and I have two young children and are looking for a great community with excellent schools, public library, and parks close by (preferably within walking distance). I really would like to find an area with other stay at home moms to make play dates more convenient.

What is its overall reputation for safety, neighborhood quality, and sense of community? How close are the nearest grocery stores? The area seems to be growing very fast with new housing developments. Are certain developments more sought after than others?

Also, can anyone tell me when the new park off of Butz Road is projected to be completed? I read a few details on the Upper Macungie Township website and Morning Calls, but it did not provide many specifics. Will this park back up right to Whitfield Estates?

Are there others areas in Parkland/East Penn that I should also be looking into?

Please feel free to directly message me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,415 times
We looked at the THP development Whitfield Estates and also the Heritage and Pulte communities up there - all nice. In the end though, we ended up in Lower Macungie (another Pulte community). The overall feel of the community just was nicer to us. Breinigsville was just a little bit further up and seems more isolated. Where we are now, there are more communities close by.

One thing I like so much about our area is that there are lots of SAHMs - it's been great just moving here and finding new friends.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
I wonder if the stay at home Mom thing is so much an area or more the age of the homes? The last three homes that we've lived in, I've had no problems finding other SAHM's and that's been in three different counties in PA. I mean, the main demographic for the most part of any new development is going to be people in the 25-45 years old age bracket, isn't it? Whereas if you go to a neighborhood like mine, where the houses are about 20 years old, our KIDS are going to also be in their early twenties. So, when we moved here 10 years ago, most of the kids were in elementary school and many of the Mom's stayed home. I still do the car-pooling with my youngest in High School but I do it with people outside of my neighborhood because the majority of the kids here are much younger or off in college. My neighborhood is just starting to turn over with the parents who's kids have moved out, downsizing and new young families moving in. And, come to think of it, of the four young families I know about, three are SAHM's. In conclusion, look for new houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley