Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 04:16 PM

11 posts, read 37,816 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the area and Quakertown is the best place for our money and our commute. This particular neighborhood seems very family friendly but we don't know anyone who lives there. We are interested since we have a little person in our family. Any feedback on the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 04:44 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,517,079 times
Quakertown is not in the Lehigh Valley. There might be a poster that is looking at Quakertown, perhaps she will jump in. Funny, it's really close to me but I don't really know much about Quakertown except for the stores. You should probably post this on the general PA board.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM

104 posts, read 435,486 times
Default Spring Meadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhedon View Post
We are relocating to the area and Quakertown is the best place for our money and our commute. This particular neighborhood seems very family friendly but we don't know anyone who lives there. We are interested since we have a little person in our family. Any feedback on the area?
I'm a Quakertown resident and love it here but my advice would be stay away from Spring Meadow. You may have noticed there are many homes for sale in that development right now and with good reason - it floods. Also, Richland Township has approved a 400+ unit development for those 55+ to be built near Station Road and they have also approved the extension of Ronald Reagan Blvd. to connect with Station Road. The Quakertown Farmers Market is on Station Road which has a lot of traffic on the weekend. Once the developments are built and the roads are extended it will be a traffic nightmare for those living near the Station Road area (which is where Spring Meadow is located). I can share the names of other developments in town that are very popular and family friendly that are within the price range of those in Spring Meadow if you are interested. Just sent me a PM and I'll give you the run down.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
Default Spring Meadow Estates Reply to earlier comments

I am a resident in Quakertown, who just happens to have lived in Spring Meadow Estates as an original owner. I lived there for three years, and actually resold my home in there for a hansdome profit. I never had any water problems in my entire time living there.
This neighborhood is a very transient neighborhood, meaning that the income level of most of the residents is such that people get transfered. Now, that many of the residents have lived there 5 and 6 years, they are starting to sell, and move to larger homes elsewhere.
There is a play group in the neighborhood, which allows community involvement. There have been Halloween parades, pumpkin decorating contest, and block parties. It is a nice neighborhood, and very family oriented. There are also many that do not have children.
The values of the homes increased rapidly, and many residents were able to make handsome profits on their investments, when the market was good. Values will increase once again when the market turns. Spring Meadow Estates in Quakertown IS a very desireable neighborhood.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,541 times
To FLhereIcome - Just curious about the other developments you referred to in your email to gwhedon. Could you share them with me? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
Default I love Spring Meadow

I've been here almost 5 years, and I love everything about this neighborhood. I'm in the playgroup mentioned in the other post. It was a life saver when I had my son when I first moved here. I have great friends in this neighborhood, not just neighbors. My house has not flooded once. I know two or three friends that have moved because of recloating for business, but mostly because they made a big profit and moved into a bigger house. Good luck.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,518 times
Default Love It Here

I have lived in Spring Meadow Estates for six years. I was one of the first residents of the neighborhood and have watched it grow. I love living here. It is convenient to shopping and larger cities.
My daughter was born while we live here and has many friends and other children that she attends school with. This is a very family friendly neighborhood.
I know of only one home that has flooded in six years and that was due to a defective sump pump which was covered by the builder.
We have a number of military families which come and go and that is part of being in the military. Some families have split up (natural) and some have moved to bigger homes.
The addition of Ronald Regan drive will only enhance the ability to get the children to school safely. Yes, Station Road can be a busy road but not as busy as it could have been due to the strength of the neighborhood fighting a building to be raised across the street from us. That area was set aside as part of the builders requirements.
It is a great area to live in and I have no plans to move.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,611,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Quakertown is not in the Lehigh Valley. There might be a poster that is looking at Quakertown, perhaps she will jump in. Funny, it's really close to me but I don't really know much about Quakertown except for the stores. You should probably post this on the general PA board.

From wikipedia

The borough is 16 miles (26 km) south of Bethlehem and 50 miles north of Philadelphia, making Quakertown a border town of both the Delaware Valley and Lehigh Valley metropolitan areas. Quakertown is considered part of the Allentown-Bethlehem urbanized area and the Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland (PA-NJ-DE) MSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley