U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 05:50 AM

12,640 posts, read 28,198,900 times

Advertisements

I know some people don't like Musikfest - it's crowded and loud, but I like to go one or two times during the ten days it's held. My husband and I wandered around on Sunday on the North side and will head over to the South side one night. I love how there are so many different bands and music spilling out from all sides. I like walking down main street in Bethlehem and just people watching. Anyone else going? https://www.musikfest.org/

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:57 AM

310 posts, read 116,258 times
I agree that Musikfest is fun. It's free, Bethlehem has some extra pep in its step, and out of the 5-10 bands playing at any given moment, at least one will be entertaining.

I advise to park in North Street Parking Garage, which charges a flat rate during Musikfest (I think it's $5 or $10) and has always had space when I've been there. It's easy in/out off 378 and avoids the hassle of street parking. From there you can immediately get your mug filled at Fegley's Brew Works, Hotel Bethlehem, or any of the other restaurants on Main Street.

The beer selection at the official Musikfest tents is pretty weak, but I still try to give them my business to support the event. That being said, the non-sanctioned stage by the old train station has some great beers.

Yeah there are people to deal with, but what do you expect? Just have some mugs of beer and listen to live music. It's a reasonably-priced way to experience some culture outdoors in the summer.

Old Today, 01:20 PM

4,064 posts, read 7,701,936 times
I was there on Saturday and sunday. festival is too long and overcommercialized, but still good. I can handle a few days. there is a man named Erich Hornumg who makes unfounded anti-Bethlehem comments on Allentown group pages on fb. I encourage people to go on there and set him straight.

I have no interest in the National paid acts. Especially Weezer. Just awful!!! But, there are plenty of great non cover bands from all over the world playing some great tunes. Of course there are some lousy cover bands. Just eat your ice cream and walk on by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley