U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:17 AM

39 posts, read 163,588 times

Advertisements

I was hoping for insight on the best things to see and do in the LV area!

I figured this would be a great way to learn the best local flavors, experiences, and must-sees that are unique to the LV.

What are some of your favorite...
Attractions?
Local flavor?
Restaurants?
Entertainment?
Festivals?
Parks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 09:34 AM

952 posts, read 2,269,942 times
Hawk Mountain in the fall. Musikfest at the end of summer. I think they also still have the Celtic Classic, but I've been away for awhile so I'm not sure.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:16 PM

101 posts, read 310,264 times
Great post!

We've been here for 2 years, but I am constantly on the look out for new stuff. Never heard of Hawk Mountain so I am looking forward to checking it out in the fall!

A few things that my family likes to do:

If you're into Pick your own fruit type stuff - Strawberry Acres in Whitehall Township. They have Raspberries, Peaches, Apples all throughout the Summer and Fall. We go atleast once every few weeks in the summer months.

It's not a Lehigh Valley thing but, if you're new to the East Coast, a lot of people like to go Longwood Gardens.

Restaurant-wise we like: River Grill and Sette Luna in Easton. Since I live in Williams Township, I am biased towards finding restaurants close to us.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 PM

104 posts, read 294,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiroll View Post
If you're into Pick your own fruit type stuff - Strawberry Acres in Whitehall Township. They have Raspberries, Peaches, Apples all throughout the Summer and Fall. We go atleast once every few weeks in the summer months.

Thanks for the tip ichiroll. The place we used to go to has been closed for a few years, we'll have to try Strawberry Acres.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 PM

10,399 posts, read 16,710,927 times
FL,
Did you used to go to Hausman's fruit farm? I used to love that because it was right next to my son's elementary school. It was sad when they closed a few years ago but I understand they still sell their apples comercially. I still go to Wind Hill farms over in Lower Milford township where they have all kinds of pick your own fruit and vegetables. I can't find a link for it, but this one might be helpful anyway: Where to find pick your own farms and orchards in eastern Pennsylvania for fruit, vegetables, pumpkins and Christmas trees. Just scroll down for Lehigh county.

We are very fortunate to have several local farmers markets in the late Spring and Summer and two large all-year-round farmers markets right here. If you haven't visited the Allentown Farmers Market, that's a fun thing to do: Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market - Allentown, Pennsylvania There's also one in Quakertown that is little more scruffy but still enjoyable: QuakerTown Farmers Market

The local town markets are just opening or will be opening in the next few weeks. Hellertown opened May 4: Saucon Valley Farmers' Market, Hellertown, PA. That one is a Sunday market as is the one in Emmaus. Emmaus Farmers Market I like to go to my local one in Coopersburg which is on Saturdays at Living Memorial Park right off of 309. I can't find a link but it's usually held from 9am to about 2pm. They aren't open yet but I assume that they will open in June. I see that Macungie also has a farmers Market; MFM main page (http://www.macungie.pa.us/Farmers%20Market/main%20page.htm - broken link)

Old 05-26-2008, 01:56 PM

Yes, toobusy we did go to Hausman's and I miss it. Thanks for the info on the other farmer's markets.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 PM

619 posts, read 1,408,026 times
Easton has a Farmers' Market right on the square every Saturday morning. I went the day before Mother's Day and they were serving a high tea, complete with frilly bonnets to wear. My 4 year old LOVED it. Seems they have a different theme each week.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:31 PM

10,399 posts, read 16,710,927 times
That one sounds good too! Easton Farmer's Market

Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 PM

The Zern's Farmers Market in Gilbertsville is also good. It may be a little out of the way for some, but they have a nice selection of produce at great prices. If you happen to be there when they close at 10:00, the vendors will sell a big box filled with produce for under $10.00. About Zerns

Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 AM

4 posts, read 12,700 times
Try the Stone Crab Restaurant off of Brookside Road. Their crab bisque is excellent and it won several awards. Everything else we have tried has been fabulous also. It has become one of my favorite places to take our company when they visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley