Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:49 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,504,937 times

Advertisements

I know we have a new thread about things to do in general in the Lehigh Valley but there really are some great local fairs and festivals that deserve their own section. If you are looking for something to do on this beautiful Memorial day, you might consider going to MayFair: Mayfair Festival - Home Lots of music, arts and crafts, yummy food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:22 PM

84 posts, read 419,691 times
We went to Mayfair yesterday and enjoyed the nice weather.

I've seen signs for the Coopersburg Fire Co Carnival which is happening from May 28-31. I have no idea where exactly it's located or what time it's open, but carnival food is usually pretty yummy.

Das Awkfest happens in Macungie in the beginning of August. They've got lots of old cars and carnival/fest type of food as well.

Of course the biggie is Musikfest in Bethlehem at the beginning of August as well. Check out Musikfest 2008 - The Art of Musik for more info.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM

The Coopersburg Fire company Carnival will be squeezed in next to the fire company right on Main Street. It's really, really small and not that great, but don't tell anybody I said so.

June 14th will be Family fun day at Upper Saucon Park in Center Valley. Music, things to do for the kids and a book sale at the library.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:52 AM

I just saw this in the Morning Call this am. The Most Delicious Week of Summer! : Bethlehem Restaurant Week It looks like all the good restaurants in Bethlehem are teaming up to offer a taste of their food at multi-course lunch and/or dinner for a fixed price. I'm not really sure how it works and don't know if this has been done before. Anyone else have first hand info? Sure sounds like fun to me!

It looks like you make reservations at which ever restaurant you'd like that participates (the prices for lunch and dinner are listed) but I was under the impression you would be able to taste the other restaurants food. Maybe that's where I'm confused, and perhaps it's just that you get several dishes instead of just the regular one.....

Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 AM

97 posts, read 430,845 times
I have not been to this in Bethlehem, but in other cities. It's a chance for restaurants to showcase their menus and invite new patrons with prix fixe menus.

There's no sampling of other restaurants--it's just a promotional week for all the participating restaurants. So if you have wanted to try out a particular really expensive restaurant, this would be an ideal week to do it!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 AM

This week in Bethlehem is the South Side Film festival: Welcome to the SouthSide Film Festival! Your chance to see over 50 films from around the world, June 17-21, Bethlehem, PA. Sounds like fun!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 AM

25 posts, read 94,956 times
I can't believe how many fairs have passed me by already, it makes me sad that the summer is flying by so fast . The Kempton Fair was two weeks ago, and the Schnecksville Fair was last week. This week I know that the Cementon Fair is going on...I need to find some time to run up there. Does anyone know which other fairs are coming up in the next week or so? I need my funnel cake fix .

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 AM

73 posts, read 343,012 times
Default Kutztown Fair

The Kutztown Fair is June 28th - July 6th. Not in the Lehigh Valley but not too far of a drive.

Kutztown Fairgrounds, Pennsylvania

Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,823 times
Since I'm new here I haven't attended this to give it a personal review, but it looks promising...July 13th!

Easton Heritage Day Sunday, July 13th, 2008 (http://www.heritageday.org/Heritage_Day/Home.html - broken link)

Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 PM

113 posts, read 549,770 times
has anyone been to the kutztown fair? Would you recommend it? My kids are 12, 11, 5 and a baby. Wondering if it would be a fun outing this week for a couple hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley